[Tutorial] How to Delete Updates from Vita Games & Apps to use for Unity Install

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by atreyu187, Dec 4, 2015.

1. 5,848
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Here is a useful trick to install PSM Unity if you have a Vita game/app but it is already updated. This will delete the update so you can use it to install Unity via Mr Gas EML write trick method. I have Soul Sacrifice Delta which has updates galore but once you download and install with the PS3 via CMA the system automatically downloads and installs all updates before you can play the game. [MENTION=2]STLcardsWS[/MENTION] this will help with your issue with Need for Speed since that also has updates but pushed them on you once you transfer from PS3 to PSTV. Note thanks to amirmaher for the basis of this guide. Without him I would not be posting this here.

Requirements:

Vita/PSTV
    USB cable (WiFi Connection/LAN cable for PSTV)
    Computer
    QCMA (or OpenCMA)

Steps:

1. Connect your PS Vita to your Computer using usb cable for Vita or WiFi/LAN Cable for PSTV
    2. Copy your PS Vita Game using QCMA or OpenCMA. if you have a lower ps vita fw then connect using VitaUpdateBlocker & OpenCMA/QCMA
    3. Create a Backup of your game (copy it in another location)
    4. Open your game's folder and you will find a folder named "patch", delete it
    5. Delete your game from PS Vita/PSTV
    6. Reinstall your game into PS Vita/PSTV via QCMA/OpenCMA
    7. Go to games "Live Area" and a new orange icon will appear to allow you to download and initiate the PSM Unity install method from Mr Gas.
    8. Once installed simply update the game as normal.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. 12,159
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

we need to pool all these tutorials together. I'd suggest u write most of 'em since u know a lot about the vita. I'll add notes based on my own experiences, edits, and colorization to make them similar to the ps3/360 ones. here's hoping that vita tutorials can reach 100 pages like the ps3 ones. there's certainly a lot to talk about there.

3. 5,848
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Plan on combining all just want it all out there ASAP and then worry about the cosmetics. Just no time for anything this time of year for me. Members come back to their winter homes so we have a rush of business. Works out well though as I get a massive increase in tips. Made off with a little under $400 in tips last night and 14 hours at $19.35 an hour. Not a bad days work but between the clubhouse and animal shelter I work from 6am till 10pm on weekends and 7am till 9pm weekdays. Feel bad not getting much time with my kid this time of year but make up for it the second week of January I take three weeks paid vacation to spend time with my rugrat.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. 9,002
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

They are pulled together already:

This thread (sticky) in the PS Vita Tutorials Section..
    http://www.psx-place.com/forum/tuto...vita-playstationtv-vitatv-tutorials-3222.html

5. 5,848
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Great to see this altogether. My laptop just. Bit the dust and I'm gonna rebuild my desktop if I can find a few hours and a Windows install disc since I have no access to a PC now. Weird not one of my friends own a PC.

6. 12,159
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

perhaps, the next tutorial should be over pkg installs. it's not difficult making the package installer available through the app.db. I've pulled together some information about it from my experiences and from reading some. there r two locations pkg files can be installed. the location designated by host apparently doesn't exist for a retail system, so ur only way of installing pkg files is through qcma the content manager. one thing I noticed that'd probably find its way to a "note" was that the system won't connect to qcma if the update nag persists requiring a reinstallation. pkg files r much more of a pain with the vita/pstv than the ps3 for those reasons, so I can only imagine what's going on with the ps4.