Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[Tutorial] [PS3HEN] The Great Ps3 HEN All in One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, May 23, 2019.

1. 3,084
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Which version of wMM are you using? also have you tried deleting wmtmp?

2. 627
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Latest webMAN MOD 1.47.20
    I also manually copied the even newer plugin, the one on then news post

3. 3,084
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I can only think of one reason, there must be some differences between XML generated by prepNTFS version that you're using and the latest wMM 1.47.20, Maybe some of your games include special chars or unicode letters.

Algol likes this.
  4. 627
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Hmmm... Brutal Legend is the only game that has 'special' non English characters.
    Can't find the character on my phone... Its a U with 2 dots on top.

I will check later tonight, this was the only game I tested

Joonie likes this.
  5. 3
    SpectrePrime

SpectrePrime Forum Noob

Oooh ok don't worry i can speak so so English but i wrote in spanish for confortable jaja thanks bro

6. 6
    Marcas

Marcas Forum Noob

So I have PrepNTFS installed, but whenever I open it it crashes and sends me back to the XMB

7. 627
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    It's not crashing.
    Prepntfs has no GUI to navigate. You just start it and it will do its thing and return to the xmb

Marcas likes this.
  8. 197
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    Oh, my bad. I searched for it but still can't find it :)

Edit: Aah now I found it :)

9. 6
    Marcas

Marcas Forum Noob

@Fin9ersMcGee
    Thank you. However, neither multiman nor webman find my 64GB drive, even after using PrepNTFS

10. 6
    Marcas

Marcas Forum Noob

Also, a suggestion, you may or may not want to add a split pkg/ISO method

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  11. 1
    Pira

Pira Forum Noob

Hey all! I'm stuck at the HEN installation part. Specifically...

3. HEN Installation
    7. Install 'Latest_HEN_Installer_signed.pkg'

That file doesn't show up on the list for some reason. I'm wondering did I mess up somewhere during the visit website part, as when I go to the website it asks to close the browser. I'll see what happens if I wait on that screen as it says it is "enabling HAN & Mountaing flash..." but the page doesn't change. Should I wait on that screen?

Edit: Nevermind, I should have read the onscreen PS3 info, as "Package Directory" is where I wanted to go to.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  12. 17
    siboXD

siboXD Forum Noob

Thank you @Fin9ersMcGee and @Joonie for discussing my question... it would be interesting to investigate this thing and maybe ask to webMan developer (whom i don't know) if it can update webMan to work without prepNTFS...

Before doing my tests i uninstalled webMAN and IRISMAN and installled latest pkg found in this guide.

My current "test set" is composed by a NTFS HDD with a game (Uncharted 2) in JB Folder format inside a GAMES folder, and a ps3 game iso inside a PS3ISO folder (GOW Collection - Volume 2)

I'll post my findings till now:
    1) webMAN (without further steps) doesn't recongnize the game in folder format inside GAMES folder neither the game in PS3ISO folder
    2) IRISMAN (Without doing further things) recognizes PS3ISO game (I haven't tried mounting the iso from IRISMAN, though) but not the game in GAMES folder..

I've to say that folder inside GAMES folder has a suffix to the game code... so if the exact name of the folder is needed i should repeat the test... maybe i'll do tomorrow.

I've read your post @Fin9ersMcGee where you suggest using prepNTFS, but i haven't had enough time to try installing it and do all the combinations... and as @Joonie said, I thought webMAN could read NTFS games out-of-the-box without installing other stuff (as it's advertised to)... but for what i've seen on my PS3 this is not true... webMAN 1.47.20 doesn't see games inside NTFS HDD

Next i'm going to try using prepNTFS to see if something changes, and i'll report back. In the meanwhile write of all your tests, findings and knowledge, so if something works i can go straight with the solution! Thank you all

Edit:

Today I started my ps3, i went to webMAn after enabling HEN with my HDD plugged and the game in PS3ISO folder in extrenal HDD was seen by webMAN... maybe yesterday night i was too dazed to remember that i would have to restart PS3 to see tha game (but i remember i used webMAN setup option "Update game list" that updates XML, and this didn't work... so to see games it seems a full reboot is needed anyway)

I started the game (GOW Collection - Volume 2) and it loaded without problems, and without using prepNTFS

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  13. 627
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Is your drive MBR?

I will go over this, but I don't see a huge need as most file manager homebrew will read NTFS and thus removes the 4gb limit of fat32.
    Plus there's FTP transfers.

Well, for me anyway, webMAN MOD 1.47.20 didn't find my games on NTFS drive either. I tried prepntfs 1.17 and they showed up, mounted and played.
    The only thing that might have happened with me was a special character, but that might not be the case as I never tried the other games that didn't have special characters...

14. 3
    wolfidang76

wolfidang76 Member

For some reason i can't get webMAN , multiMAN, IrisMAN and managunz to work. They all showed up blackscreen after launching and then freezed the system.

15. 3,084
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Did you enable HEN before you launched?

16. 3
    wolfidang76

wolfidang76 Member

yes i did, idk why but they work now, after several reboots

AndyC3 likes this.
  17. 17
    siboXD

siboXD Forum Noob

Good news webMAN 1.47.20 loads PS3 ISO in extrenal HDD PS3ISO folder... but i learned that to see them it needs the PS3 to be freshly started after updating XML...

I mean yesterday i converted a folder game to an ISO game and moved it to NTFS HDD all in one session without restarting PS3... this way webMAN doesn't sees the game, even if you update XML (i think)... with a hard reboot it reads well... IRISMAN instead seemd to read it without restarting after its creation...

However webMAN can read external HDD PS3ISO folder!

Another thing i discovered today is that it's not a fault that webMAN doesn't recognize GAMES folder (maybe just a not implemented feature???) because i've seen this thread https://www.psx-place.com/threads/prepntfs-webman-mod-edition.911/
    Here is said that prepNTFS for webMAN reads only four folders form external NTFS HDD -> PS3ISO, PSXISO, BDISO, DVDISO
    Maybe it's an old not updated thread with wrong information... but i think the GAMES folder is not recognized because the embedded prepNTFS is not able to read that folder on external HDD

So nothing to do with external GAMES folder, until new updates will come

18. 25
    morimori

morimori Member

Really sorry for the noob question, i'm gonna do this today for my bros super slim so he can finally play Persona 5 with all the DLC's and enjoy Movian since the PS4 media player he usually uses to play movies is so limited, so is it safe to say that all PS3 games that are working on CFW are also working on PS3HEN in ISO format now, any known PS3 games so far that has issues on HEN so i can keep tabs on it, thanks to the devs.

19. 40
    AndyC3

AndyC3 Forum Noob

Maybe I missed something in the HEN release notes but this:

"10. Enabling HEN will now enable webMAN MOD as well."

makes it sound like you don't need anymore to plug the USB drive with "boot_plugins.txt" on it when booting the ps3 in order to use plugins. Is that true?

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.
  20. 3,084
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

webMAN installer installs resource , boot_plugins.txt (hdd0) and sprx, so HEN 2.1.1 will load the txt from dev_hdd0 when you launch.

AndyC3 likes this.