PS4 [Tutorial] PS4 Remote Play - On Any Android Device (ROOT Required)

Discussion in 'PS4 Tutorials & Guides' started by Naked_Snake1995, Apr 6, 2018.

1. 1,511
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    unnamed.png unnamed.png unnamed.png
    In this tutorial, ill detaily explain, how to enable your Android device (Smartphone/Tablet) to support Remote Play with your PlayStation4.

Ill use as an example recently-sold OnePlus 3T (A3003) for this tutorial, to carefully explain, the procedures, as i recently switched to Sony Xperia XZ (F8331) (tipical fanboy) :D

Sony Remote Play its officially supported on High-End Xperia devices starting form Xperia Z2 all the way up to the more recent Xperia XZ2, but for those who dont own a High-End Xperia device or a PSVita, but a Android Smartphone or Tablet, then its possible to have this feature.

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE, ANY BRICKS,EXPLOSION,THERMO-NUCLEAR REACTION,DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST ON ROOTING AND RECOVERY AND DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THINGS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS MOD:

*Android Smartphone/Tablet :D

*Team Win - TWRP Recovery (Recomended) :confused:

*Magisk - Root & Universal Systemless Interface :eek:

*PlayStation4 (OG/Slim/Pro) :rolleyes:

*ISP - Good Quality Connection (100Mpbs - Recomended/5Ghz Band) :-p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- STEP 1 - Install TeamWin - TWRP Recovery

For this step you need to determine how to install TWRP Recovery based on your device.

Each device has different methods on how to install TWRP Recovery, some needs to Unlock the Bootloader, which its the case with OnePlus Devices, and some can even be installed without even touching the Fastboot mode or the Bootloader, which its some case with older Low-End Xperia devices (Mid-2012), each manufacture has a different approach on installing TWRP Recovery.

I suggest you visit TeamWin - TWRP Website to get the correct TWRP Recovery Image, based on your device, then flash it!

- STEP 2 - Install MAGISK Manager & Root

Once you installed TWRP Recovery on you device, its time to install MAGISK Manager and Root, for this procedure visit MAGISK Manager XDA Thread, and Download the Latest Version of MAGISK Manager and MAGISK Uninstaller (In case something goes wrong, you can always revert back via TWRP).

Once that its done, copy both MAGISK Manager and Uninstaller into you Device Internal Memory, once done that Reboot your device, into Recovery Mode.

Once Rebooted into TWRP Recover, select "INSTALL" Tab and search for MAGISK Flashable Zip Folder (ex: Magisk-v16.0.zip), and install, once done installing its recommend to Wipe Cache with the TWRP Recovery, so it can avoid errors or even bootloops, and Reboot your device.

- STEP 3 - Install Sony Framework via MAGISK Manager

Once done rebooting your device, MAGISK Manager should be installed on your Android, now its time to Enable Remote Play.

Open MAGISK Manager, then open MAGISK Side-Menu and go to "Downloads" Tab, and search for
    "Sony Framework” module (v1) by Seyaru", this its fundamental for Remote Play, as its done downloading, MAGISK will prompt to install, once done that Reboot your Android Device.

Once your Device has Rebooted, go to your apps, and search
    Google PlayStore and erase any Data, on it, this will make sure the PlayStore, will not conflict with the Framework, as it will think you have a Xperia Device, allowing you to Download PS4 RemotePlay directly from the PlayStore.

If you Google PlayStore detects your device as being incompatible and you have installed the Sony framework from MAGISK, dont panic! Download and external PS4 RemotePlay APK (Latest Version Required) and manually install it, and you should be good to go! :eek::D

- STEP 4 - Hide PS4 RemotePlay & Other Sony Apps from MAGISK

Once downloaded PS4 RemotePlay, dont open the app just yet! Instead go back to MAGISK Manager, and on the MAGISK Side-Menu Tab, open MAGISK Hide, and search for any PlayStation Apps installed.

Search for these following apps, and mark them to hide:

*PS4 RemotePlay
    *PlayStation Messages
    *PS4 Second Screen
    *PlayStation App
    *DualShock3/DualShock4 v1.0

This will make sure, that any PlayStation app, including PS4 RemotePlay, doesn´t check for Root Access, thus crashing the app alltogether.

- STEP 5 - Open PS4 RemotePlay and Test It

Once done all the steps before, open PS4 RemotePlay and give it a shot! See if it opens normally, if it asks for Root Grant Access, shutdown the app, and reboot your device or check if you MAGISK Hide, any Sony PlayStation app mentioned before.

:-p

««CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE PS4 REMOTEPLAY ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE!!!»» :D:D

*Q&A - Questions & Answers

1# - Ive installed Sony Framework, but GooglePlay says my Device its incompatible!?

A - Make sure that you properly downloaded Sony Framework, under MAGISK Download Side-Menu, and installed it, and wipe any Google Play Data, and rebooted your device afterwards, or try manually installing PS4 RemotePlay!

2# - PS4 Remote Play, asks for Root Access!?

A - Make sure you MAGISK Hide any Sony or PlayStation app, mentioned in STEP 4, and reboot your device!

3# - PS4 RemotePlay seems lagging!

A - I strongly recommend having a good internet connection, or having the PS4 Hooked up via Ethernet makes things easier, or having the PS4 connected to a 5Ghz WI-FI band, if you own a Slim or a Pro, with CUH-1XXX Series wont work with 5Ghz Band, and have your device on a 2.4Ghz Band to avoid any conflict between connections, or in reverse if you device supports a 5Ghz connection, find whatever method suits you!

4# - I want to use PS4 RemotePlay outside my house, its possible!?

A - Yes, as long as you have a good internet conenction, and your PSN Account synced on your PS4 and Android Device, you should be golden!

5# - Will i get banned if i use PS4 RemotePlay with Non-Xperia device, with my PSN Account Synced!?

A - No! You are basically mirroring your PS4 on your Android Device, since Sony themselfs know its a High Selling point on High End Xperia Devices, i personally never encounterd any ban with the PS4 RemotePlay while i owned my OnePlus 3T! :D

6# - My DualShock4 doesn´t work with PS4 RemotePlay, but it does with Android!

A - Unfortunately PS4 RemotePlay uses a different method for connecting the DualShock4, as a Original Xperia device, will ask for DS4 Location, something i didn´t managed to get working on my OnePlus 3T, and connecting via Bluetooth simply wont cut it!

The good news its that this its ROM dependant, meaning you can get it to work, or it will simply refuse to connect, but there are two work arounds for this issue!

7# - So how i connect my DualShock4 with PS4 RemotePlay if it doesn´t connect!?

A - The first work around this issue, its to having the DS4 connected to your PS4 instead! But there its a catch with the Bluetooth Range Limitation! In order to do this you need to create a separate PSN Account and sync them both into your PS4 and you PS4 RemotePlay! This will alow for the DS4 to stay connected with your PS4 on your main account, thus preventing a disconnection between the PS4 and PS4 RemotePlay when you want to play on your main account!

A Second work around, its a App called SIXAXIS Controller on GooglePlay,which is payed,but i won´t discuss much of it, as i didn´t have any luck pairing my DS4 with my 3T,as it was always failing the connection!

8# - But if i want to play it on the go, and cannot connect my DS4, how do i play!?

A - Fortunately PS4 RemotePlay has build-in touch controls, which works flawlessly, if you don´t mind using them, then you are good to go :-p

9# - I want to play with my 3G/4G Mobile Data, its it possible!?

A - Yes, but you need a mod called Xposed,for the Mobile Data with RemotePlay, but as i never done that, i cant go much further details with it :oops:

- DOWNLOAD LINKS:

*TWRP Recovery - twrp.me/Devices/

*MAGISK XDA Thread - forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

*PS4 RemotePlay - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playstation.remoteplay&hl=en

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    DeViL303 and Frosthaxx like this.
  2. 106
    Frosthaxx

Frosthaxx Member

I always give advice for magisk on my Android modding side lg Stylo 2 plus ATM. Nice guide to help with remote play guy+1

3. 1,511
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Yeah mate, good thing Magisk its around, because the old method doesn´t work anymore, since the devs who ported the PS4 RP, already quit, and the app gets updated as well as the PS4, so this its the only method available for now, for people that want Remote Play, but dont have or want a Xperia handset, as i previouslly onwed a OnePlus 3T (AWESOME Phone BTW), i was in this kind of situation, since i previously owned a Xperia Z3, comming from all Xperia branches since the Original Xperia S, i found remote play not much a feature to use.

But since currently i own a Xperia XZ, after i sold my 3T in a short while, ive decided to make this tutorial for whom wishes to have Remote Play, and enjoy PS4 Streaming on the go ;)

4. 106
    Frosthaxx

Frosthaxx Member

One plus. Nice phones but pricey. Especially if you got other responsibilities. Stylo 2 isn't bad though for a budget phone either.

5. 1,511
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Well, its a brand that nobody cares, as in Portugal everyone its either Samsung or Apple, and now Huawei, but i am not going to bash on personal preferences, as each person its free to choose theyre brand based on the needs.

I owned a LG G5, after i returned my Xperia X, due to the battery tampering, and i can say it was my 1st SD820 phone, under 300€, and it was friggin awesome one! But famous Image Retention on the G5 Quantum Dot Displays, which i experienced in 1st hand, and other issues related to networking and wifi, forced me to switch to OnePlus, which easily you can find one at around 200€ nowdays, the rest is history.

But i always returned to Sony for some reason, probably for the Software,as i come a long way since the Sony Ericsson days, with the Live With Walkman (still rocking solid today), and Xperia S to Xperia Z and other Sony Xperia Models ;)

And now rocking a Xperia XZ, with soon upgrading to Xperia XZ1 or XZ Premium :)

But yeah mate, responsabilities are 1st hand priority, specially with University beating me to smitherines, into the 2nd year of Design, specialy here where University isnt cheap,by all means, and wages for a University Student, its the same as having the primary school finished, but well thats life ;)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  6. 1
    omgitsmitch

omgitsmitch Forum Noob

Hello, so i followed this guide https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...s4-games-remotely-any-android-device-0162622/ and have rooted my tablet as well as installed magisk as well as magisk hide and have hid both magisks itself as well as the remote play app. I have cleared the play store data and have the remote play enabler module installed yet i still get the error (88001003) that more or less says nope you are rooted. Even with the app hidden and magicks hidden it just doesnt work. But everyone online claims it works......
    so what do i do?