Tutorial - PSTV Custom Whitelist Advanced, Enable all Vita/PSP/PS1 Games

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by atreyu187, Oct 24, 2015.

1. 5,764
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    - Tutorial -
    PlayStation TV (Vita TV) Custom Whitelist Advanced, Enable all Vita/PSP/PS1 Games

• Platforms
    Exploit Type:Patched?:Tutorial by

• PlayStation TV (Vita TV)

• EML Write Trick

• In OFW 3.55+

So many of you have done the list_launch_vita.dat to enable more games on your PlayStation TV (PsTV). But what if I told you this isn't as good as it gets? Some great games still don't work via this method but alas there is hope and I am here to give it to you. First things first there are two standard whitelist one for the Vita and one for the PSP & PS1 emulators as the Vita has an emulator for each system. This is why we have TN-V for PSP and TN-X for PS1. Anyhow lets get on with this shall we? Lets get all the files we are gonna need first.

Requirements

• Notepad (or your favorite text editor)

• Email account setup on the PSTV, GMail suggested and can be setup using this nifty guide found here

• A clean dump of your app.db for advanced whitelist modding but more of that below

• Enable extensions in Windows (see step 1)

StepsInstructions - PSTV Custom Whitelist Advanced, Enable all Vita/PSP/PS1 Games
    Displaying the File Extension in Windows Vista and Windows 7

1. [*=left]Click the Start menu. ...
      [*=left]Type "folder options" (without the quotes). ...
      [*=left]A dialog box with the title "Folder Options" will appear. ...
      [*=left]Click to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".
      [*=left] Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the dialog box.
    2Now are going to make the list_launch_vita.dat & list_launch_emu.dat

So first fire up Notepad or whatever text editing app you happen to have.
    Then copy and paste this into it as so

Vita!!.jpg
    Code:
    format_version:001
    list_type:b
    LVER00101
    Now click File--->Save As... then input the name list_launch_vita.dat thus removing the ".txt" and changing it to ".dat" You may get a nag screen asking if you are sure as seen below but simply hit ok.
    rename.jpg
    Now on to making the PSP/PS1 Whitelist, again open Notepad and input the code below as seen here
    psp!!.jpg
    Code:
    format_version:001
    list_type:b
    LVER00101
    Again click File>Save As... again input the file name as list_launch_emu.dat making sure to change the extension from ".txt" to ".dat" again. As with above if you see this simply press ok yet again.
    rename.jpg
    4Now you have just created the basic custom whitelist for the Vita and the PSP. Now we need to install these files to your PSTV and these will remain semi-permanent till you either "A" update your firmware or "B" rebuild your database. Despite what has been said before even turning off the system these will remain upon turning the power back on to our PSTV's. So now lets fire up a support_uri to install the files. If you don't know how to do this you can again refer to this guide to learn how to write/dump files to your PSTV.

Now that we have GMail up and running compose a new message as follows:
    • To - [email protected]
    • Subject - ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat (This tells the writer.eml we setup earlier where to write to the PSTV file system
    • Body - Not needed but if you save the email in case it needs to be redone you will know what it does for a quicker install next time.

Now we need to go to the files we made earlier. I suggest making a backup before proceeding. Now rename to list_launch_vita.dat to simply #0 with no file extension this time. Again if you get the nag screen below simply press "OK"
    rename.jpg

It should look just like this when you are done and ready to send to write the new list.
    Vita!!.jpg
    5Now go to your PSTV and open the "Fail Mail" app and you will see the email you sent yourself titled ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat open the email and press ::dir down: ::dir down: and you will see a camera with a paperclip and #0 like below:
    mail_questionmark2.png
    So if you see the image above now simply press ::dir down: on the controller twice till the file is highlighted, then press :but x: and you should see the image below.
    mail_questionmark2.png

Simply press the :but x: button then you will get this screen.​
    eml_error.png

It is import to ensure you do not press :but x: to accept "OK" on this screen as if you do you need to start from scratch on setting up the email EML hack from the beginning. Which is located here Also if you should see this again means something is corrupt and start over from scratch once again. Simply press the "PS" button to return to the Live area and hold :o: to close the page.
    -So now you have the Vita Whitelist v1 and the PSP/PS1 Whitelist in your GMail account save those and just follow the steps above to reinstall them anytime you need. If this is enough for you no need to go further but while we are here why not do the new advanced whitelist as well to enable all games at or beloew your current firmware. It should be noted games that need the MIC or camera will not work fully as the PSTV is missing support for this. So lets move on shall we?
    1First things first we are going to need to grab your "app.db: so here is how we make this call to do this or if you have troubles please refer to this tutorial I wrote earlier.

• To - [email protected]
    • Subject - Dump of app.db for PSTV VTE-1001 F1 firmware 3.20 (Can be anything you want to make it easier for future dumping of this or any file you may want to dump over)
    • Body - Not needed but if you save the email in case it needs to be redone you will know what it does for a quicker install next time. Here is an image to help you see visually what I mean and I am doing.
    dump app.db.jpg
    Now once to press the link or CTRL+K this is where we input this support_uri link, this screen will pop up after that.
    app.db URI.jpg
    On this screen input the support_uri in the field but make sure it ends with a "." as shown below or it will not dump the file.
    Code:
    email:send?attach=ur0:shell/db/app.db. 
    Final product before hitting send should like just like this.
    app.db URI Ready.jpg

2Now that it has been sent open up for "Fail Mail" app and find the new message you just sent and open it. You will see the link email:send?attach=ur0:shell/db/app.db. if you did it right. Then simply press the :but square: to hover over the link then press :but x: and it will bring up a "Compose Message" so again reply as so

You should see a icon with a paper clip and a "?" as so with app.db written below
    mail_questionmark2.png
    If you see this (ignore the #0 this one shows it should read app.db) you are all set just hit "Send" in the upper right hand corner. The app will close on your system and go back to the Live area aka the Vita XMB
    3Now lets head back to our PC again and open your web browser. You should see a new email lets go ahead and open that right up. You should see a bunch of numbers etc but that isn't needed scroll down to the bottom where the attachments. Hover over it and you have two options. The one on the left will download the file while the one on the right will save it to your Google Drive account if you have it setup. Might be a good idea to have both just in case. This way there is a copy on your PC, gMail and Google Drive account.
    app.dbbb.jpg
    Once you have download the file to your PC that looks like the one below we are ready to open DB Browser for SQLite 3.7.0
    appdb.png
    Open your SQLite browser and press File>Open Database... and select your app.db file. Then press the "Execute" then paste code in box shown below and once that is done press the "Play" button
    Code:
     CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GPC AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
    WHEN new.val LIKE 'gpc'
    BEGIN
    UPDATE tbl_appinfo SET val='gdb' WHERE key='566916785' and titleid=new.titleid;
    END;
    CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GP AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
    WHEN new.val LIKE 'gp'
    BEGIN
    END;
    CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GDC AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
    WHEN new.val LIKE 'gdc'
    BEGIN
    END;
    CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GD AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
    WHEN new.val LIKE 'gd'
    BEGIN
    END;
    execute sql.jpg
    Well we are almost done folks we just need to make the changes to the "app.db" final by pressing "Write Changes" thus applying the patch and saving it as seen below.

sql write.jpg

Now we need to simply write the file to your PSTV and we are finally done. First rename the file again to #0 with no extension. Go fire up GMail again and compose a message as so.

• To - [email protected]
    • Subject - ur0:shell/db/app.db (no period need at the end for writing only dumping)
    • Body - The changes made to the file to know what mods have been done for easy reference for future use.

send modded appdb.jpg
    4Now head back to our PSTV and open the Fail Mail app (hehehe the email app I mean) and open your newly sent email. At this point once opened you should see this in your email. If you don't and instead you see this image please refer to my guide located here to fix that error. If you followed my guide exactly this shouldn't be an issue but if so is easily fixable.
    mail_questionmark2.png
    So if you see the image above now simply press ::dir down: on the controller twice till the file is highlighted, then press :but x: and you should see the image below.

mail_questionmark.jpg

Once this screen pops up and this is VERY IMPORTANT or you have to start all over from scratch. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT press the :but x: to choose ok. Instead simply press the :PS Button: and hold the :o: to close out the page. Once this is done you have written the file to your system. Simply power off (not standby) and restart your system. You have successfully dumped and written files to your system using the EML file tricks. Hope you all find my guides helpful.

Also here is an easy way to do the PSP/PS1 whitelist and the standard Vita whitelist HERE

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. 11,962
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

after sony gave us the custom whitelist through a silent update, they took it back by overwriting with one even more restrictive than the original. redoing this eml trick solves the problem. then, either disconnect from the internet to prevent another silent "update" or redo the eml trick each time it happens. [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] , Talkman Tokyo works again for TN-V.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. 11,962
    pinky

oh, I might want to mention the original custom whitelist is what's needed. afaik, sony didn't touch the app.db considering it contains some user-generated, perhaps even console-specific, information such as themes.

4. 5,764
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    No the custom ADVANCED whitelist bypass it at SFO level not just game ID so it can launch Vita games like PlayStation Battles Allsatars which doesn't work with just removing its game ID from Sonys BAT in the custom whitelist. PSP & PS1 games only do a game ID check but later Vita games also have a flag set in the SFO. The advanced whitelist bypasses this check.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  5. 189
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Member

TIMELORD
    I don't see the SQL code that im pasting into the DB Browser window after hitting "Execute"

6. 11,962
    pinky

try ctrl + V if ur using the mouse to paste. if it's not appearing no matter what, u may have to add it manually. I had no issue with pasting to my app.db, so it could be a computer setting that's causing a problem.

7. 5,764
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Check again code inserted not sure WTF happened.

8. 11,962
    pinky

that was rather stupid of me. I didn't realize u were referring to the guide itself.

9. 5,764
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Something happened where it went missing. Anyhow this bypasses the SFO checks on the app.db level. So no need to edit the file since we don't have the keys to resign. We are making progress as three key sets have been made public though one is now obsolete.

10. 11,962
    pinky

maybe ur next tutorial should be enabling semi-debug. I'm not really sure how best to check if it worked since it's limited. I redumped my registry.dreg file, and the hex modification is present, so it must be enabled.

I'll post what I said to u in a text message. after a few tests, this seems to be the case. the registry.ireg file is required for decoding the registry.dreg, so it may be console-specific. plus, fixing the hashes seems to be done automatically when using the fixreg_vita.exe. it appears to decode the .dreg file into segments along with its entirety as registry_.dreg. u can determine if the hash fix worked by using fixreg_vita.exe on registry.dreg. the _.dreg should contain the change. I guess that's one way to know if it worked before transferring the file. if u've corrupted the registry, u'll have to repair the system files in the recovery menu, and all license activation will be deactivated.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  11. 5,764
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I'm gonna look into the details a little more. I have four tutorials written I just need to get pics/screen shots.

-Enable Semi-Debug
    -Enable PKG Installer <3.30 FW
    -Enable PS3 Remote Play for PSTV
    -Swap :but x: & :o: buttons

12. 11,962
    pinky

so u finally turned off that pinky dating sim? ;) what difficulty were u on? easy or hard to get?

13. 11,962
    pinky

maybe have the swap x and circle buttons and the semi-debug tutorials as one since they're basically the same aside from the hex address that needs to be modified.

14. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

I'm not sure if i did this correctly. I made the list_launch_vita.dat, containing the text "
    format_version:001list_type:bLVER00101. I renamed list_launch_vita.dat to #0 and attached it with the subject "ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat"

I sent it to my email account on my pstv and opened the #0? with x, than exited without pressing X again. Is this correct? how do i know if this worked. I tried to open the talkman game and it didnt' work.
    The directions are a little confusing as you say to make the two dat files, emu launch and vita launch, both containing the same txt, change there extensions to dat, than to rename the vita.dat to #0 and launch it via email. What is done with the emu.dat?

15. 11,962
    pinky

that's correct. did the image of a photo appear? one is for vita games, the other for ps1/psp games iirc. ur essentially making the .dat files blank. there may be something wrong with ur .dat files. if u can't get it to work, use this: http://wololo.net/talk/pstv_whitelist/

16. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

That wololo automatic email whitelist doesn't appear to be working. I went ahead and installed the advanced whitelist hack. Wipeout 2048 demo worked *i assume this shows the whitelist hack is working?*, netflix booted but didn't find the server, however my talkman tokyo game won't launch and says if this game is compatible please update. Anyone have an idea why talkman tokyo won't work for me?

17. 5,764
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Your whitelist patch is not properly applied. Wololo won't work anymore as gmail doesn't work anymore. You MUST use gmx for an email client now to send the file over via EML. It's must be done via EML and it must be done on your 3.20 system. This can't be applied to a 3.60 HENkaku memory card then moved over as the files aren't on the memory card. Use these dat's and EML yourself and you will be good.

Vita/PSP/PSX Whitelist DAT's

18. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

Ok , i will try these dats. I am sure I did everything correctly though :( I did the orginal vita dat you had described above and also the advanced app.db as described above. I wonder where i made a mistake, as the camera icon shows up on them all, and i made sure to exit without hitting the "ok".

Netflix and hulu, as well as the wipeout 2048 demo loaded, aren't they whitelisted?

Also is there a way to make netflix function? I get the cannot connect error when it loads up.

19. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

Well I tried your dats and I got the C2 error. Am I supposed to send these files directly from gmx email? I have been using thunderbird to send though my gmx email.

20. 11,962
    pinky

@atreyu187 , I wasn't aware that wololo used gmail. sorry about that.
    I personally use gmx email from their site. did the photo icon appear or did the email itself error?

edit: btw, make sure u named the .dat files #0.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016