Tutorial - PSTV Custom Whitelist Advanced, Enable all Vita/PSP/PS1 Games

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by atreyu187, Oct 24, 2015.

1. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

#0 <== that is a pound symbol followed by a zero correct? since I had the c2 error i formatted my memory card etc... and am trying from the start again. Pretty frustrating when this seems very simple to do.

I did have the wipeout 2048 demo working, netflix, and hulu loading when i edited the app.db do those normally load on the pstv?

2. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

yes, that's correct. u may have to redo the mail database if u formatted ur memory card. as for those games/apps working, I'm not sure. aside from ys, talkman tokyo, and uncharted, I don't know which games/apps don't work as I've never heavily tested it. u can check if the app.db's tbl_appinfo. in the filter box, type in gdb and see if any games r listed.

3. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

btw, I believe talkman tokyo only needs whitelist v1.

4. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

Yea I had tried the whitelist v1. Could it be possible that the my version of thunderbird be causing the problem? I have tried sending the dats renamed to #0, with the correct subject directly from my online gmx email account. With all my previous attempts i have always seen the camera symbol, clicked on it once and backed out using the home button. I'm failing to see my errors here. It must be either a simple mistake i'm making, or some sort of incompatibility with how i am sending them.

5. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

use gmx's website instead of thunderbird to rule out that possibility. r u sure u have the subject line correct? u'll get an error (can't remember what the number is) if the location doesn't exist.

6. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

also, did u redo the mail database? that will also cause an error. if the photo icon is that of a question mark, that's probably the problem.

7. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

Well, I'm not sure what did the trick. But after i formatted the memory card and restored the system. I first did the eml, to enable writing to my pstv. Than i did the vita and emu dat whitelists - this time I didn't use the thunderbird frontend, i sent them directly from gmx.com. Next i transferred my games from ps3 to the pstv, and it worked. So either thunderbird was causing an issue, or something else.

I'm guessing maybe it was the thunderbird email frontend, pretty frustrating!

Anyways at list it's working now. I think i will try installing the advanced whitelist and again just send directly through gmx.

Has anyone been succesful in getting netflix to working? it's so sad that sony butchered this system so much that we have to go to this extent to get some things working.

pinky likes this.
  8. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

glad u got it working. the gmx website is what I use as well. I never bothered inputting it into thunderbird. I used the gmail website as well when that was working. I did gmail, because either thunderbird or my main email address wouldn't input hyperlinks correctly to grab my app.db.

9. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

oh, btw, I suggest u backup ur app.db once u do the mods to it in case something goes wrong later down the road or u have to rebuild the database which will erase most of the mods to it.

10. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

what email program do you use to send the email:send?attach=ur0:shell/db/app.db. to retreive your app.db?

Yes i will back it up, don't you essentially back it up in your email account, as it's saved in your inbox each time you send it.

11. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I think I used gmx. it's been a while. as long as the hyperlink is clickable, it should work. I then send the email to my main email account via thunderbird. the only issue is sending it rather than retrieving it. it will be saved, yes. u can resend the dumping of files, but u can't redo the sending of files back to the system. the photo icon will say something like done and won't be clickable anymore.

12. 80
    law56ker

law56ker Member

Did you install the advanced whitelist? the one where you edit the app.db? Or should i just stick with the orginal whitelist hack?

13. 12,384
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I did install it. the only issue is that u can't use dlc/title updates. I believe the reason is that the category type has been changed. whitelist v2 increases the compatibility from 80% to about 90%. I'd install it, 'cause u can't play the games that require it to begin with, so dlc/title updates is sorta irrelevant then. if ur a ps+ member, I'd definitely recommend it. I'm not sure if they've had any games that require whitelist v2 or not though.