[Tutorial] VitaDefilerClient Installation Method for PSTV Unity (by SMOKE)

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 4, 2015.

1. 8,931
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

A guide by SMOKE

StepsInstructions

• Copy the UNITY-TV folder for your Unity app version to CMA's PSAVEDATA/<random numbers>/ folder.

• Copy the SaveData to your PSTV ( You will need to use VitaUpdateBlocker )

• [*=left]Make sure you have no notifications and are not downloading anything.

• [*=left] Rebuild database in recovery.
    • Using Outlook or Thunderbird, forward (FWD) the eml to your email account.
    • Find any Vita App or Game that has an update available, Click Update, and then pause the download.
    • Open the Email app and click the attachments one at a time. It should show an error that says it could not display the image. DO NOT click the ok button.
      Instead, press home and close the Email app.
    • Once you have installed both files, reboot your PSTV again.
    • Then, continue the download. The download should now be ~5mb. If not, something went wrong.
    • Once downloading is complete, open the Unity app ( You might need to install PSM+ ) and delete the 0000 "app"
    • You should now only have VitaDefilerClient installed in Unity. Now you can cancel the installation notification.
    How to update if you have used this method before:
    • Simply FTP the Application & System folders from this pack to cache0:/VitaDefilerClient/ eg. I have Unity 1.06, so the folders and files I need to replace on my PSTV are in Unity 1.06/UNITY-TV/p/VitaDefilerClient/
    Troubleshooting:
    • To install PSM+ on your PSTV, use the Device ID of your Vita ( Assumming you have one )
    Credits:
    • mr.gas for the trick
    • SMOKE for preparing files & writing instructions
    Source of Tutorial: Wololo.net/talk

2. 189
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Member

TIMELORD
    anyone else having issues with vitaupdateblocker and qcma on 3.50. I can't connect with pstv anymore

3. 11,968
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

open cma should work. personally, I was never able to install unity on my pstv. I kept getting this error:

[​IMG]

funny thing is that unity installed just fine on my vita. I followed the same steps, so I dunno what's going on.

4. 189
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Member

TIMELORD
    I think i hosed my exploit and i need to CMA to my PSTV to reinstall the save(i F'ed up and pressed a INSTALL.ZIP not knowing what it was). Now i can't connect anymore without it saying update firmware or NW-***** error :(. I think i might haveto do a total system restore and format the card but i didn't want to go that far without checking with my boys first. :cool:

5. 5,767
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    How are ya'll sending the EML file? You can't just send as an attachment. Double click the EML then insert your email address and leave text blank. And Pinky just use OpenCMA and backup only the Defilfer app from your Vita. Then install Unity PKG on PS3 then use CMA to install. Once that is done fire up OpenCMA and install Defiler via OpenCMA. You don't need the PSTV only method man.

Also doc you need to delete your email account and start over. Not the whole memory card. And when sending links to dump/write send them via gmail from your browser not Thunderbird.

I have been working with smoke, we now have a way to edit a vanilla CMA backup to install Unity/Defiler. You must first backup your act.dat then install CMA backup. Once that is done just backup Unity and Defiler via OpenCMA. Use EML write tool to add back your act.dat for activation/etc then restore the original CMA backup followed by installing the apps backed up from the hacked CMA file.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  6. 189
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Member

TIMELORD
    I finally got qcma and V.U.B. working. It was on my PC end. Moved to Win 7 and fixed some network issues causing connection problems. I Fired up VUB and set QCMA to manual and 3.30 and bam it worked got my exploit fixed and i can run ISO/CSO again from Ape Escape. I never had issues getting the Email hack working my whitelist is patched and i have been playing non-compatible games already, Wipeout 2048 :). I never got opencma to work for me in the past i might be doing something wrong though. Thanks atreyu187 for the info though.

7. 11,968
    pinky

[MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] , I can't install the pkg on my ps3 atm, since it's unplugged in favor of the ps4. however, I believe I know what's going wrong. it has to do with sending the unity save itself. it's not sending the unity content within the PCSI0009 folder. it only sends the icon and the param.sfo. I was able to test this comparing my vita which had no issues with installation with that of my pstv. the folder is absent on the pstv, and I'm suspecting it has to do with cma itself. I managed to get the content on to my vita with qcma before I starting using cma. sony may have updated the normal cma to prevent additional folders from being installed in order to get pkg files on to the system. that's my theory at least. I believe the error is related to the files not being found, because I think the two image files within the eml r one for the extracting of the pkg content from the save data folder and the other for dumping the file into the game folder so that it'll appear on the menu. with that being said, I think the ripping/extracting from the folder portion is what's going wrong since the folder isn't present.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  8. 1
    jadekitten

jadekitten

i have a pstv, what exactly can this thing do? my pstv is new fw 3.52 so please start from the beginning, thank you

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  9. 189
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Member

TIMELORD
    Don't update to 3.55 unless you want to loss the ability to hack. There is a few good TUT's on this site and on Wololo. Do your homework before you attempt just to learn how the filesystem is laid out. This doesn't let you play Vita backups(Piracy talk will get you banned) Just homebrew like Emulators and Apps. Though after 3.50 Sony put a limit on the file size you can run in USER mode. This limits the size of the app 2mb i think, workable but small. This is all the ground level to some really big stuff, hopefully unlocking the Vita/PSTV more.

10. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

If you or somebody else have problems to get QCMA working with PS Vita here is a workaround which might help... (I dont know if it will work with Playstation TV/Vita TV)

- Close CMA/openCMA and/or QCMA if its running...

- Uninstall CMA/openCMA first if you have installed

- Uninstall QCMA leave your vita connected to the computer during all steps. use usb 2.0 Port (usb 3.0 dont really work sometimes with PSV)

- Uninstall the PS Vita Type b driver (libusb-win32 usb)

- install QCMA again. But dont run it in for now

- go to folder C:\Program Files\Qcma in your pc and run qcma.exe as "administrator"

- Now go to the settings of qcma and enable all options under the tab "Other" except for "disable USB monitoring".

- Open the content manager on your vita and connect via usb cable.

- a message will pop up from qcma that the vita has connected.

- refresh the database in qcma.

- An other message will pop up which says "xxx files have been added to the database"

- If this doesn't work try sending some savegames or games etc. to your computer and refresh the database with QCMA until the message will appears.

- It should work now. If not try all the steps above with firewall disabled! (Firewall sometimes blocks qcma so it cant install properly! I once had the same problem now it works again on Windows 7 and Windows 10 too)

-If its still dont work or dont work again (and you are on a lower Firmware and qcma ask for update...)

- Go to QCMA settings "Other" enable "Offline mode" and set "CMA protocol selection" as manual then choose the needed version in "CMA protocol version"
    - Enable the Flight mode in your Ps vita then turn it off
    - Start your again Ps vita and connect it with your PC using the cable with the "Content Manager" on your vita
    - leave the "Content Manager" and disable the Flight mode then remove the cable and connect again but this time through Wifi
    - Now you can still connect through Wifi until you Power-off your PSV

Enjoy your Ps Vita with QCMA (again)!

I hope that it is understandable and might help somebody if qcma dont work at all or suddenly no longer works...

11. 5,767
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Doesn't work for PSTV the USB port is disabled so things like the USB PS3 trick don't work. I just suggest OpenCMA works perfectly.

12. 11,968
    pinky

I've managed to figure out the issue with transferring unity. the problem is cma itself rather than anything done on the system. at some point, sony seems to have blocked the transfer of additional folders within the save folder. I found a way around this with qcma. what I did was used qcma to transfer the unity save folder over to the vita. then, I backed up the memory card. I restored the memory card on to my 64GB memory card. I then used the eml trick to transfer over a blank id.dat. after that, I stuck the card into my pstv, went through the steps, and unity installed. ;) now, that that's done. I'll be going back to open cma. those r the steps for anyone who can't get qcma to work on the pstv.

13. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

ok i will test next days got my ps tv on 3.20 today...just need to find my 3rd PS Vita memory Card...

I dont want to loose qcma functions there must be a way i dont want to use CMA/Opencma for several other reasons...

14. 11,968
    pinky

let me know if u can get qcma to work. I was never able to with the pstv since airplane mode doesn't exist. opencma = no issues. aside from transferring over unity, u shouldn't really need qcma for anything.

btw, saw ur sig, a new 360 update was released - 17489 - along with xebuild and dashlaunch updates for that dash kernel.

15. 5,767
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Dude that is what I had been telling you pinky!!! You have a Vita there is no need for you to go through the agony of us PSTV only users!!! :P and QCMA works but can be iffy. Let me find the exact steps I had to use to get it working. Its within the settings to use as before I had the PKG installer on my Live Area I had to use QCMA to install the Netlfix PKG on my PSTV.

EDIT

Also if you have a Vita there is no need to transfer over a full CMA backup. You can backup just the PSM Unity app and then restore to the PSTV. The only stipulations which are easily overcome now the EML Write trick has been introduced.

1- Must be activated with the same PSN ID's
    2- Must be on the same firmware

But both can now be overcome now on 3.52 and lower using the new hacks. One is public to over ride ATM that being number 2 doing what pinky said installing a blank id.dat so it doesn't ask for a format. To overcome the first one you will have to install a generic CMA backup. BEFORE doing this!!!(when released ATM still private between myself and SMOKE) Make sure you backup your act.dat located

tm0:npdrm/act.dat

as it will need to be restored in order to use any of your content previously activated. This is just good practice anyhow for any modder/hacker as we don't have PSN access unless on 3.52 which sucks and will only last another week or two using Vita Update Blocker.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  16. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

got it but i can use a retail ps3 too to transfer exploit games on pstv just need to update it in favour ps tv? or this dont work like on normal ps vita? Yes forgot ps tv dont have Air plane mode...

[MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION] yes here is a new update for xbox360 but i allways wait i dont need the changes at the moment... no special feature is included like before (2TB HDD in dash) the changes are small (mostly online changes) and dont needed and no game need a update at the moment... so i can wait.

17. 11,968
    pinky

yes, using the ps3 to transfer over exploitable games is doable on the pstv. I was mostly referring to unity since u need a pc to transfer over the content.

I always update the moment I know of the update despite the fact that I don't really play my 360.

18. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

Hmm after QCMA was not working anymore again Why?? I followed this steps

- deactivated Firewall in Windows
    - Close CMA/openCMA and/or QCMA if its running...
    - Uninstall CMA/openCMA first if you have installed
    - Uninstall QCMA leave your vita connected to the computer during all steps. use usb 2.0 Port (usb 3.0 dont really work sometimes with PSV)
    - Uninstall the PS Vita Type b driver (libusb-win32 usb)
    - install QCMA again. But dont run it in for now
    - go to folder C:\Program Files\Qcma in your pc and run qcma.exe as "administrator"
    - Now go to the settings of qcma and enable all options under the tab "Other" except for "disable USB monitoring".
    - set CMA protocol version 3.10 Manual in CMA settings (for 3.18/3.20) (you can change back to latest for 3.5x too if you have another vita you play online for example and want to backup stuff it work just change and connect again)

With this way i can use my 3.55 (Online) PSvita, Ps Vita on 3.18 and PStv on 3.20 on the same time with Qcma I hope it stays like that... because Qcma behave strange sometimes if you dont use it a while so you cant connect anymore (maybe because of the Firewall or antivirus??)

PS tv (3.20) work with QCMA 0.3.9, Vitaupdate blocker 1.2 and Proxy I was able to transfer PSM dev for Unity (back-up bubble) from my US account i made a long time ago with content manager from my pc to my PS TV

but now I have another problem if i start PSM dev Unity it ask for Update...

19. 11,968
    pinky

u were able to get qcma to work?

unity will ask u to update the app if ur on 3.30 or higher. u'll either be using 1.05 or 1.06. rejuvenate is compatible with both.

20. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

Yes it work (the questiion is how long? **** firewall)

i was able to transfer Dev for unity app with pc+qcma+ Vita update blocker

When you first start your PS TV to set up time, date etc. or restore setting + format memory Card PStv you will be asked if you want to use a already existing account...

it will linking your account to it if you add your PSN id (email) + Password (but dont activate)

Sorry [MENTION=7850]Mod[/MENTION]s if it is to much offtopic on this tread you can send me a PM if you want it would be a better idea i think (can I PM you too pinky?)