Tutorial

Discussion in 'SEN Enabler' started by pain111, Dec 6, 2016.

1. 29
    pain111

pain111 Forum Noob

I want step by step guide to use sen enabler properly...
    Should I have to use psnpatch also?
    Do i need to enable psn access everytime i reboot?
    Is there any plugin for it which manages sen access disable cfw etc on xmb like psnpatch have?
    Thank you very much

Sent from my vivo Y51L using Tapatalk

2. 1,336
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Use the correct sub forum to learn what you need, then ask questions. no you do not use both sen enabler and psn patch at the same time. you use one or the other, not both. there should be a step by step in one of the tabs of the plugin itself. look here: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/sen-enabler-tutorial-latest-releases.147/.
    quote from evilnat, Both has different features and you chose what you will use, for example PSNPatch can activate PSN content (sorry if i'm mistaken) and SEN Enabler doesn't, and both disables syscalls, delete temporary files and more, you can use both at same time if you want i think there will not be conflicts.

3. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

The reasons why it's generally advised to use psnpatch are that psnpatch is totally fw independent & it offers the features that are needed on a daily basis.
    Many features in SEN are useful only in certain cases. Also some features in SEN Enabler are firmware dependent.
    This is not a criticism at all, it's just that SEN is geared towards more advanced users who can get out of any mess resulting from bad user choices.
    It does not make sense to advise a noob to use SEN because it's too easy to mess with the system on one hand & does not offer more protection on the other..

SEN Enabler offers a plugin just like psnpatch. You can install it from the app itself or manually by copying the sprx file to /dev_hdd0 & adding its path to /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt . Just like psnpatch it uses configuration files for spoofing. Usage is a little more complicated as nearly everything in SEN. But like everything in SEN it's also more complete with an additional MAC address spoofing option as well.

There's no complete tutorial for SEN Enabler afaik, it may be something worth doing though..
    Here are a few pointers.... It's a short list, I don't have time for more...

If you use the plugin, there is no risk to make a mess, the principle is identical to psnpatch. Using the app however.. If you intend to experiment, be ready for potential issues. Ultimately, if you cannot restore your system manually, problems can be fixed by a CFW reinstallation.
    Some features like 999 or custom spoofing should not be used lightly with PSN, a ban is likely.
    Also when you choose a mode like OFW or CFW & reboot with SEN, it will apply the chosen settings & modify your /dev_flash files.. Your XMB will be modified, the mods gone of course...

4. 29
    pain111

pain111 Forum Noob

Bro i am on rebug 4.80...then i think sen enabler is must but i don't actually understand how to use it as there are so many features and it's very confusing...
    What are the necessary steps to go online?
    Should sen enab and psnpatch both needs to be used or only 1?
    Thanks bro

5. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Have you read my post?
    I just explained why we advise to use psnpatch instead of sen & I added that SEN does not offer any extra protection.

You should use psnpatch alone to go online. You won't get any better with another tool & I suggest you learn a bit more about the system before playing with SEN's features anyway.
    Also you should never use those tools together, it may create problems & will not help at all.. Don't install both SEN & psnpatch plugins for instance, choose one or the other.

On Rebug 4.80.1, you only need to use SEN Enabler 6.0.3 once to spoof the firmware version to be able to go online. It's a semi permanent firmware version spoof that remains after reboot. Remember that it is recommended to remove the SEN spoof before you update to another CFW.

To spoof the fw version, launch the SEN app & just trigger SEN by choosing "Patch all", without changing any settings. Don't use the exit or reboot entry, "Patch all" does everything you need, other options will make changes to your system.
    "Patch all" will delete the history, remove syscalls & apply the firmware version spoof then exit
    No need to connect to PSN. Just reboot & check the system version in XMB system settings. It should be 4.81 so:

1. If it is still 4.80, you didn't trigger SEN properly. Try again but read the release notes for SEN Enabler in http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=283. Check the SEN Enabler thread as well. The OP contains the basic information you need.

2. If it shows 4.81, you can uninstall SEN Enabler. You can now use psnpatch, the app or the plugin. I recommend the plugin.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. 29
    pain111

pain111 Forum Noob

Correct me if I am wrong:
    I need to use sen enabler once with patch all option to get to 4.81
    Then i should uninstall it and use psn patch whenever I want to go online..
    If this is the correct way then uninstalling sen won't take me back to 4.80?
    Or i misunderstood you?

7. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

You understood correctly.

8. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

Doesn't spoofing break cobra somehow?

9. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Of course it does.
    If you apply the spoof manually by hex editing vsh, you must modify the Cobra source with the correct new hashes & recompile stage2.bin to get Cobra to work again.

However in SEN Enabler, EvilNAT implemented a wonderful Fix Cobra Hash feature & therefore the spoof does not mess with Cobra at all as cobra gets patched accordingly at the same time.
    It's seamless & perfect actually...

ed89, atreyu187 and Phil like this.
  10. 29
    pain111

pain111 Forum Noob

Bro if i uninstall sen after spoofing to 4.81 then it won't revert back to 4.80?then how can i use psnpatch on 4.80?

11. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Sorry but you keep asking the same questions over & over so I I cannot help more than I already have.
    Please read my previous posts.
    The 1st question is answered in post #6 in this thread.
    The 2nd question has been answered with much detail in your recent thread http://www.psx-place.com/index.php?threads/10156/
    You can get more details from the release notes here http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=244 & from this thread http://www.psx-place.com/resources/psnpatch.424/. Most questions have already been asked & answered in related threads.
    Please you need to take the proper time to read & understand the documentation and the posts in appropriate threads.
    Learn the basics first, we are available for further enquiries.

One last time, to use the psnpatch plugin.
    Open the Rebug Toolbox & choose Rebug Mode. Restart.
    Install psnpatch.
    Launch it.
    Use the appropriate gamepad button to open the Cobra Toolbox in psnpatch.
    Check the psnpatch plugin entry but make sure the webman entry is left unchecked.
    Apply the changes using the pad button.
    The console will restart.
    You will see a psnpatch pop up message on boot.
    From now on, the psnpatch gets loaded at boot, you only need to use the L3+R3+R2 combo to prepare for PSN connection after mounting a game.
    That's all.

You don't need the psnpatch app anymore if you use the plugin but don't uninstall it.

Note about id spoofing that if you want to spoof the idps/psid you need to have spare ids from another console. If you do, you can edit psnpatch.cfg in psnpatch installation directory & add the id values in the right place.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  12. 29
    pain111

pain111 Forum Noob

Sorry bro for bothering you so much but i think you misunderstood my quotes so you are feeling that i am repeating the same question...
    I am trying to clarify myself again... Hopefully you will take notice... Sorry for inconvenience..
    1. I am on rebug 4.80 and i was using psnpatch till now...
    But now due to last update i am unable to ise it...
    That's why i have to use sen enabler compulsory...
    2. As per your post-5 suggestions:In my last post i was trying to suggest that if i use sen enabler once for spoofing fw version and then uninstall it and then use psnpatch regularly then uninstalling sen wouldn't take me back to 4.80 in which case i won't be able to go online as i need 4.81 to go online
    Sorry for inconvenience again

13. 6,666
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Uninstalling SEN enabler will not remove the spoof.

See post 7
    Seems like this has been answered a few times if you read this thread?

14. 29
    pain111

pain111 Forum Noob

Thank you

15. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

You are kidding right?
    I have not misunderstood anything.
    On the other hand you are not reading my answers or any documentation I advised....
    And you are mistaken, I am neither bothered nor annoyed at all, I have no reasons to be.
    Am only asking you to read... All your questions have been answered.

And btw, I told you you can use psnpatch like you did before. You just need to connect to PSN once with SEN. After that, the firmware version is spoofed, you can uninstall SEN & start using psnpatch again.

Also FYI Rebug REX 4.81.1 will be released in a matter of hours/days... If spoofing is too complicated for you, you might want to wait for the new REX release instead... Up to you.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    pain111 likes this.
  16. 6,666
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Glad to be of help. What would you do without me, I just don't know! :D

kozarovv likes this.
  17. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

I wonder as well... Lol