Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Two quick questions about HEN

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Gabriel2Silva, Feb 6, 2020.

1. 64
    Gabriel2Silva

Gabriel2Silva Member

Hey.

I have a Super Slim PS3 with 4.82 OFW HAN installed. I've read in other threads that all I need to do is to install the latest HFW and then install HEN through the exploit website. I'm just worried about the multitude of stuff related to HAN I have installed in my PS3, all the games, toolboxes, menus and sub-menus, "stores", options and such. How can I delete everything and leave no trace of HAN so I can have a "clean" install of HEN?

Second question, is HEN capable of running modded eboots?
    I have a Japan Only game disc, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver (PSP Classics), and I want to play the english patched version. My older CECHE01 Phat and CECH-2001A (both on CFW) could run it flawlessly, but this Super Slim never managed to run it, it locks into a black screen, even though it can run the disc version and the original unmodded game (.pkg) flawlessly. So I was 99% sure it happened because HAN couldn't run modified eboots. Is it the same for HEN?

Thanks in advance!

2. 175
    remlei

remlei Member

format/initialize the hard drive

technically yes, as long as its resigned with 3.55 keys.
    so you can just find someone who uploaded a 3.55 fix pkg for the game or just do it on your own.

afaik, that game is just a standard PSP game. not even a proper HD, rather its a upscale.
    you can just place a PSP ISO image of the same game (english patched or not) on your PS3 HDD and run the usual way. youtube it for more info.

Gabriel2Silva likes this.
  3. 64
    Gabriel2Silva

Gabriel2Silva Member

Thanks for the info. I'll try with ESSE resigner later.
    I've bought a new 1TB drive. Should I do something different in order to go to the latest HFW + HEN considering I already have my PS3 exploited with HAN?

4. 3,424
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    When you switch the HDDs and install HFW it will be gone, so you can then just follow the HEN tut to install the latest HEN.

Gabriel2Silva likes this.
  5. 64
    Gabriel2Silva

Gabriel2Silva Member

@Cypher_CG89 so my 1TB HDD has arrived, I've already updated to 4.85.1 HFW with HEN in the old original hard drive. Didn't inserted the new one in the PS3 yet. What exactly should I do to reinstall 4.85.1 HFW + HEN in the new 1TB HDD? Also, should I just quick format the drive through Windows before using it on PS3 or should I do something else with special applications like e.g. Partition Wizard? Thanks in advance.

6. 3,424
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Just whack the new HDD in the PS3 and it should go through the formatting of it, no special steps are needed as the PS3 use's mutiple different file systems internally.

If its a 12GB eMMC (CECH4***A) Model SuperSlim it shouldn't ask for a FW re-install after formatting, but if its a NOR (CECH4***B/C) SuperSlim then it will ask for the FW again so just be sure to have HFW on USB ready.

The when all that is done you can then re-install HEN on your PS3 with a nice new 1TB HDD.

Backup any saves and such to USB or something before you do the HDD swap or any other data you want to keep.

Jin799 and Gabriel2Silva like this.