Two weird problems with my PS3!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Coldlm, Apr 19, 2017.

1. 7,850
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

The logic board got integrated on CECH250x models. Previous slims use BD drives with a daughter board underneath.
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Bluray_Drive

Coldlm likes this.
  2. 12,270
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I like some racing games like burnout. lol. I don't like games like gran turismo that r too realistic taking out what's fun about racing games in the first place. don't u need to get licenses in that game? that's boring to me. I've never tried forza though. there's one or two new forza games on the xbox one that u might want to check out. the shmup games r more niche really. many were only released in Japan.

there r quite a few region free games and probably more region locked ones. u can check the games out on agbx. agbx also contains wave version or ap. u can check if ur game is 100% correct by checking say the ss of a game. I'm not sure what it stands for, but it's involved in vector reading. the last I checked, every game had the same setup, so it may not be needed anymore. ss v1 would be the assumed vector reading of a game while ss v2 would actually be measured by dumping the game with certain dvd drives. it's somewhat complicated making a 100% legit looking copy of a game since there r several things to check - wave, ss v1, and a few others. it's best to be on the latest lite touch firmware with ur dvd drive to prevent a banning. though, there hasn't been a ban wave in years. microsoft used to send challenges to the dvd drive with ap 2.5 which would prevent a game from running if u weren't on the latest dvd drive cfw. they gave up on it eventually though. they also gave up on banning. u'll be banned for cheating though. a flag would be placed on the system for the next ban wave, so people using cfw on their dvd drives wouldn't be banned right away. cheating will ban u once ur caught though. afaik, there's no way to prevent a banning aside from using the stealth method with jtag/rgh. u need one or the other since since it's a plugin. it used to cost a lot of money (maybe $30/day), but I think it's free now. those greedy bastards. :-p they made over $40,000 dollars apiece off of it though, so I'm not sure y it's free now. anyway, that sends a clean kv to microsoft's servers. u basically connect to the stealth servers, then they connect u to microsoft's.

the 360 scene is still active, way more than the ps3 scene is due to the fact that virtually every system can be hacked. there's freestyle dash and new one, aurora, as a way to play backups. they're basically dashboards that r used in place of the nxe/metro dashboards (the official dashboards). there's also dashlaunch for plugins and other things kinda like cobra on the ps3. the hacked dashes can do almost anything as well like the ps3 xmb mods. aurora can use motion controls if u have kinect. I also think the avatar system is better than the ps3's. I've got mine wielding dual light sabers. :D

I don't think the scene(s) will die out since a lot of people still only have a ps3 or an xbox 360, but they've definitely slowed down. there's a lot of things that r still unknown about the ps3; as for the 360, almost everything is known or at least everything of importance. however, it's still more active for the reason I mentioned above. if all ps3s were hackable and as easy to hack as the ones on 3.55, the ps3 scene would likely be more active than the 360's.

3. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

Im not going to lie in real life when it comes to cars, engines, racing... Iam a nerd ;)
    games like Test drive unlimited 2, you have a huge map, great physics,... you wont to grab a zanda and drive go crazy,
    i can understand why people are not attracted to sim games (F1c, RBR, AUTOMOBILISTA, iracing...), they are not necessarily fun, they are for hardcore racers,
    in the other hand arcady open world racing games are for everyone (NFS series, Forza horizon, Driver: San Francisco...)

For the 360 im amazed how ignorant i am about it, and amazed that they actually have an even more active scene! on top of that, all consoles are hackable! humm that is interesting!

out of curiosity can you please refer me to the most active forum, also if possible and a tutorial (thread) on how to install a Custom dashboard on it!

As for the scene, i agree, plus i believe even if the scene simply stops, that won't push people away from PS3,360 due to the fact that last gen consoles stilt good, the only difference from current get is a bit more hardware juice!

4. 12,270
    pinky

to each his or her own I suppose. I'm just more into those destruction race car games. and, platformers, rpgs, adventure games, and shmups. I fitted my main 360 controller with turbo. u press the sync button once and the bottom right quadrant lights up. each time u press the sync button the top left quadrant blinks up to 7 times. each time u press it, the intensity of the turbo increases. the turbo is affixed to the trigger buttons. it's for fps games, but I've never really used it. I just wanted to try it out. I'm not a big fan of fps games.

I don't think xenon's r hackable unless u jtag them. u can flash the drive though. they're missing the HANA chip which controls hdmi.

u'd be amazed at some of the ridiculous things people have come up with when it comes to flashing the drive. there's one called the kamikaze hack where u drill a hole into the pcb of the drive, pour some liquid (forgot which), and stick ur finger in the hole to complete the circuit while either unlocking or flashing the drive. u only need the information from jungle flasher for ur drive, or else it looks overwhelming with it's 200+ pages. I originally had a hitachi 78fk with my xenon, then on to a lite on with my jasper. I forgot what was in my falcons (have 2).

the best sites for 360 information r team xecuter and s7even.

yeah, things start slowing down when games r pushed to the next gen consoles or flat out cancelled.

Coldlm likes this.
  5. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

You saying you dont like what i like, man you crazy, man you don't like no sim games, you don't like no fps games, you ain't right dude, lol :p

your controller btw sounds outrages, i love that stuff, lights flashing and stuff that's sweet, but what's the point of the turbo mod, apart from really old games i never thought oh i need a turbo function! what rpg games need turbo any way?
    For 360's it doesn't matter as far as i can pick up from you, they all hackable, well almost, well now i understand that xenon's can only run burned games! what else they do?

And nope nothing surprises me anymore, as soon as i saw your post i went on duckduckgo, and i looked around and yes that is kind of brilliant, "people will always have a way"

ok thank you so much for explaining more things about the 360's, such a shame mine didn't live long to see any of it!

6. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

PS3 update:

Leaving the console on GTA 5 all day long, doesnt seem to trigger the problem,
    only sometimes, when the game is loading something (before it starts loading), for example, i decided to join online and play a random heists, on one of them just before exiting the apartment to go to the checkpoint, it happened (console went to safe mode, asking to plug the controller...), And i noticed when the console goes to safe mode, it will do it again a couple more times after the first time it happens, and then it will work as normal for days!!! (hdd hanging?)!

also i saw the 8030001 save error code a bunch of time before it happened,(from experiance, the hdd is messed up)
    so yeah i believe its an hdd issue!

7. 12,270
    pinky

I'm a platformer person mostly. I play through mega man anniversary collection on the 360 a lot. I love the remixed music. though, some of the tunes in mega man 3, for example, r the 8 bit version of the songs which is odd 'cause others from the same game r remixed. it's almost as if they ran out of time. lol mega man 4-6 r all remixed. unfortunately, 7, and I can't remember if 8 is on the xbox version, r not remixed, possibly due to being on newer systems.

it's pretty awesome. I just don't use the turbo though. it's only assigned to the trigger buttons like an fps. xenon's can be jtagged if they're on 7371 or lower which is like 7 years ago, so finding one that's survived and on that firmware is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I wouldn't advise wasting ur time with a xenon though. I myself have 2 falcons and a jasper. the falcons rn't much better than a xenon really (they're second gen 360s), but they suit me. I just keep the fan cooling the console below 60 degrees C. though, I'd be lying if I said a failing console didn't concern me.

they've already found a way in to the switch which is y people r staying on 2.00. one of the devs responsible for the 3ds/wii u has said that the first module for the system, entitled "NS," has fallen. I look forward to that. :)

lol...R.I.P. ur 360.

Coldlm likes this.
  8. 7,628
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Go to recovery:

• Rebuild Database
    • Restore file System

Check it's help. If yes, ok. If no:

IMPORTANT note from usage guide: Start a game which don't have any installed trophies on your system immediatly after the fix, else all already installed trophies will be deleted !!!

Coldlm and bguerville like this.
  9. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

I've never played any mega man games before, platform games i played mostly when i was younger, Mario and similar games!
    now the 8bit midi songs type do annoy me lol

i recently tried "Kingdom - New Lands" if its even considered a platform game! which was kind of relaxing until it gets dark :)

also from what i gather about you is that you like to mod and trick things, little details gets you excited, you like to invest your time in something until you get the most of it (what do you think about my deduction skills, i've been tolled that im very good, i mean suck at it lol)

Come to think of it the turbo function is useful in GTA 5, triathlons, also online bicycle racing!

Me getting another 360 is a stretch, i might get an xbone for some exclusive games, but still a maybe,
    also can i ask why do you have 3 of them? what's wrong with you!

Okay that's very fast, the switch is already being unlocked!
    did you get a switch yet! if not i'd say wait for the price to drop way down, i know you want to play mario kart when it comes out, (which an arcade game just FYI lol), also just to keep in mind the controllers that come with it are very small and uncomfortable, they feel okay when attached on the sides, another thing to consider the pro controller they have is pretty much the best controller out there yet, also there is only one game worth ago on it which is zelda at the moment, which you can play on your computer (on the emulator thing), overall the console is "good", but for now its a good idea to wait.

10. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

* I did a rebuild before, but i will try to rebuild plus restore the system and see!

*For RSOD fix, i have a question:
    not sure if i have a game that doest have any trophies on the system, SO can simply delete the trophies set of a game, then run that game after the fix? will that work!

11. 12,270
    pinky

I still play platformers. and, sometimes rpgs. I don't play rpgs much anymore now since they require a tremendous amount of dedication, and it u stop halfway through u've forgotten what ur even doing when or even if u return to the game. u don't have that problem with platformers usually. I'm trying to get into klonoa, but the 2.5D perspective is somewhat difficult to get used to. they recently did a 2.5D mega man game. it's entirely unique. I haven't played it yet though.

the turbo button controller was done just to do it. I've had to replace the controller shell, but I forgot the reason y. for a while it was in a half white, half red shell (controller is red), but I bought a new shell eventually and use the bottom half of one shell and the top half of another to have it all red again. it's the only controller I use on the 360 and I own like 7 of them. I used to use the adjustable dpad controller which I put a gold, then blue, then orange dpad on it, because the adjustable dpad mechanism sucks. if u put too much pressure on one of the dpad directions it'll start developing hairline cracks. it did that with the official dpad, then to the rest. the orange is fine though. it's supposed to be red, but it looks orange. I need to replace the original shell since it has marks on it like it had been dropped. maybe I stepped on it somehow at one point. it is in my floor after all.

the 3 (used to be 4) consoles were an investment, but now that almost every system can be hacked, they're barely worth more than a normal system is. 2 falcons and a jasper is what they r. I had a xenon that I had to fix several times. when I came to realization that it was unfixable, I just stuck in my drawer. when I was cleaning a few months ago, I found it and just threw it away. it had a ghost shell and the dvd drive was ghost as well....ghost blue. u could see the disc spinning when u played a game, so it was pretty cool. I replaced the original rf board with a blue rol one. when that system tanked, I removed it and put in one of my jtags.

I'm waiting on the switch. I'd buy one if I had the money and they were common. yeah, the pro controller on the wii u is pretty ridiculous. the battery life is amazing. I'm sure the switch's is even better. it has the feel of a 360 controller (ps3 controllers r too small for my hands), and the dpad of a ps3 controller....but the cost of those controllers. yikes! I have zelda, but I haven't played it yet just like a lot of my wii u games. I'm platforming. lol

12. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

That's true platform games are easy to pick and go, For RPGs, had my share of Skyrim and fallout when i broke my back a couple of years ago, finished both games stories, and did a lot of things but they eat time!

klonoa first time i hear about it!

Your controller sounds cool, can you post a picture of it, is it possible to mod the DS3? and im not talking about vusial mods!

The xenon that you had to fix multiple times, was it the overheating issue by any chance! Also something not relevent but how did sony get away with ps3 system, it is a copy past of the 360!

Yeah the switch is not worth much at the moment, you're not missing much, the pro controller is by far the best controller out there, based on the DS4 but more comfortable, and everything just feels right! and yes unlike the DS3 wich isn't bad but not that comfy, also i don't know if Mario is going to be on the U as well if so don't bother with the console :)

13. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

PS3 update:

*Tried Rebuilding and Restoring file system, which didn't help, the problem did happen randomly, (Also im sure now that everytime my PS3 goes to safe mode asking me to plug the controller and restart the system ... it will keep doing it again until i switch the PS3 for a couple of minutes and then fine!

*Now i have another problem!
    I'm not sure the fact that i left the PS3 on transferring games from it to another hard drive 24 hours, have to do with it but,
    now the PS3 simply doesn't boot anything, it will get stuck at a black screen shortly after launching a game or an installed pkg (Rebug toolbox, Sen....), and have t hold the power button to shut the system off!

Tried restoring file system, didn't help!
    Tried to reinstall REBUG_4.81.2_REX from the recovery menu but give me the data is corrupted 8002F325 after successfully preparing for the install stage, then rebooting!

*Before trying the RSOD fix, can i delete a game trophies set and start it afterward? or does it have to be a game that never registered any trophies before?

Edit:

I don't know what i did but its loading games now! (Switched profiles and started a game that doesn't require data install, its possible that's what fixed it but i don't know!)

about the data is corrupted 8002F325 error, reading online i found a couple of posts, saying that i have to downgrade using the 999 downgrader, then install my CFW from recovery menu!

after downgrading to 999, fo i have to enable qa flag, on it to jump to another CFW, i know it is a good idea to jump to 3.55 CFW/OFW after that?

cheers

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  14. 12,270
    pinky

yeah, platformers cheer me up. I've been very depressed lately waiting on disability. I've been rejected twice, and it's been going on for about 17 months. I'm consistently tired now, and I fell earlier today. my whole body was twitching when I fell, so I don't know what the problem is. I'm on more medication for anxiety, but it seems to have some bad side effects. I just woke up actually after eating dinner. :-/ lol

klonoa isn't a bad game. it's hard or at least hard for me. and, I'm talking about the one on the wii u or is it the wii? can't remember. it's also on the psx, but the game was remade for a newer console.

it's probably possible to mod a ds3 like that. I just recently got my first ds3 since my six axis has been malfunctioning since I bought my ps3 (used). I'll see if I have a pic of it. I think I do. alright, here's a couple, but it's all my 360 controllers along with my tron controller for the wii:
    with the lights on:
    [​IMG]
    with the lights off:
    [​IMG]
    the pictures r pretty old and they're a bit blurry, but u can tell what's going on. :-p the red controller is the turbo one.

I do want a switch with mk8. I read it's the fastest selling mk to date which is pretty amazing with an attach rate greater than the number of systems sold. it looks like the switch may be another wii.

about ur ps3 problems, the more u explain what's happening, the more it sounds like the hdd. rebuilding the database - the metadata indexer (database) is on the hdd in dev_hdd0:/mms/db folder. if u have a NOR console, several of the flash files r stored on the hdd. updates - they're transferred to dev_hdd1 before installation which is also a partition of the hdd. not sure y transferring files would matter. I left my 360 on for about a day using an ethernet cable and a bridged connection to backup my internal hdd considering most apps that can backup fatx (the xbox 360's hdd partition) seem to mess up with larger drives. I even backed up hddx (the original xbox's emulator files) I don't know y I did that. :-p anyway, yeah, a downgrader update pup sometimes works. ur going to need to qa flag when u downgrade since that's what qa flagging allows for. u'll be fine as long as u qa flag. the downgrader's job is to prevent u from installing lower firmware without qa flagging. the 999 is named after the system software version - 9.99

Coldlm likes this.
  15. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

Oh man, i feel for you, I'm not going to start bashing the health care system, or how the country is bad...i love to but it is what it is!
    I don't take drugs of any kind, EVER, i workout, stay fit, i try to eat healthy but mostly not, i hate doctors, most are not that bright, the only thing they do is give you drugs that wiIl most of the time like you said will make you sick,they might help with one problem but create other problems, and the big farma guys keep working!

that's my little rant anyway, you might want to check other alternative solutions, organic food, exercising, natural remedies! they really work!

About your controllers, they are so cool but o so many levels lol, all that time modding and stuff you could have relaxed or played games :p they look really good though, and now i keep thinking about your console that you threw away the invisible case one, i want one :p

For the DS3 that not working properly for you! doest it keeps randomly activating buttons by its self? if so the problem is easy to fix!

My PS3:

im thinking the same after seeing the save errors, then the system jumps to the safe mode, but the HDD should hang and lock up and freeze games and so on right? i dont have any of that!

And my question is: do i have to enable QA when i install the 999 downgrader or not! im assuming yes!
    i have a slim NOR console, i always wondered if i can have two different HDDs, have the same cfw installed, is it possible to switch between them, and have both HDDs with their own profiles and settings...etc

Another question it is very possible that's an rsod problem, which i don't want to use the fix until i know, if i can simply delete the trophies of a game then boot it or do i have to boot a game that never registered any trophies on the system! because the instructions of the fix csays i need to boot a game that doesnt have any trophies installed!

16. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

@kozarovv

in the rsod fix page it says (the "RSoD Fix all" PKG is for RSoD Bypass CFW, CEX and DEX 3.55 until CFW 4.65, not with the CFW 9.99 DG PUPs),
    im on rebug 4.81.2, will it work on it or do i have to downgrade!

17. 12,270
    pinky

these drugs make me loopy like I'm drunk. I can't walk correctly, and I'm consistently sleepy. I take like seven drugs with about 15 pills/day due to my illness. one of them is a blood pressure medication which may be causing a bad reaction with one of my other meds. it's a nightmare. I used to be pretty fit, but some of these meds make u hungrier than u usually r. though, I can't say my diet is the best anyway. shhh. :-p

yeah, the controllers r pretty cool. I don't use them often really though. it's always the wii u for me. I plan to go through dkc returns on the 3ds some time since it has extra levels. I've spent so much time researching the ps3 and the 360 that's taken away all my gaming time. even today, I still dump klicenses with the ps3. lol

well, my analog sticks r messed up. there was something sticky on them I bought the system. no idea what it was, but it must've seeped into the nooks of the analog stick, so it's probably on the board. I never bothered to check, and considering controllers r pretty cheap, I just bought a ds3. the controller in question is a six axis one.

about ur issue, yes, the downgrader won't allow u to install anything until u qa flag. that's what it's meant to do with 9.99 syscon. the system won't allow it 'till u qa flag token meaning u can upgrade/downgrade at will.

I don't believe u can use two hdds at the same time. the serial number of ur hdd is recorded in the xregistry.

not sure on rsod question.

18. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

Okay man i hope you get well soon, I'd say stop taking all these drugs but im not a "doctor" so what do i know ;)

i can keep talking about how bad the CDC and FARMA companies all day long, it's ridiculous but i choose to cool down and think about naked girls instead :p

For the wii u console i have a huge problem with it, the only time i play "games" is after practice or late at night (very tired) so i have to move my hands and jump around, I'm already tired lol

your DS3 is not bad after all, my first controller still works but both sticks are loose, they don't go back to the centre, and there is a very common problem, the controller starts randomly pushing buttons on its own, and its very easy to fix, my friend had a brand new one with that problem, he gave it to me, fixed it, still use it till now!

For my ps3 im starting to believe its an RSOD problem, randomly jumping to safe mode, not loading anything sometimes... also i believe all these problems started when installing a newer version of showtime!

19. 7,850
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Doubtful, Showtime does not modify any system files, there is no reason it should mess with the system when it's not running. And once uninstalled, it's as if it was never there...
    IMO chances are the fact that you installed a newer showtime version near the time when problems started is just a coincidence.

20. 228
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

It was more of an observation, and i mentioned it because i remember exactly when the first time it happen,

Upgraded showtime from a really old version, started watching a movie which it was incomplete (FileZilla didn't finish sending),
    anyway, worked until it reached the missing parts, and took me to safe mode, and from there kept happening!
    Also im noticing Sman keeps showing up when on the XMB, on its own, im on the latest webman mod