The 4.84 Custom Firmware landscape for the PS3 is certainly taken shape here in the last few days as we have seen multiple developer's rejoice and not only update things but progressing the PS3 scene as well. We seen Team Rebug drop 4.84 REBUG LITE edition & 4.84 FERROX Cobra cfw's that had the Cobra v7.55 payload, but as Team Rebug member @Joonie was finishing up the Rebug Lite release/testing and was about about to release, developer @habib (another team rebug member) was working on advancing the Cobra payload with some new features that would mature the payload to Cobra v8.00 (updated v8.01 see below) and in this 4.84 STARBUGED COBRA (v8.00) CFW. This blend of Starbucks + Rebug = Starbuged and not only does this CFW come equipped with the new Cobra v8.00 features but also contains all the feature that REBUG Lite edition contains as well.
The Cobra v8.00 payload see's a few changes highlighted by the ability to run a payload with kernel privileges in a way like those familiar with the PS Vita scene see with skprx, same concept but now with the PS3. Currently only a single payload is supported at a time but habib says he may increase this into the future. Also v8.00 should improve boot time dramatically according the developer as there is no longer a Stage 1 at boot up, Also note that this CFW has Cobra enabled by default (in contrast to rebug lite, needs to be turned on). Additional details about this CFW release can be seen below.
4.84.1 Starbuged + Cobra v8.00 CFW
Starbuged = Starbucks Release + Rebug Seasoning
FEATURES: (Contains Rebug Lite + Cobra v8.00 features)
- FEATURE – COBRA 8.00 (Enabled by default)
- Background running plugins at boot time (sprx)
- ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
- Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs
- Blu Ray Movie region free functionality NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
- PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
- Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
- Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
- PSNPatch stealth plugin support
- ***ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips****
- PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
- Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
- Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
- Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
- Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
- New in v8.00 Run payload with Kernel privileges - Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
- New in v8.00 Boot times speed improved - as there is no stage1.
- New in v8.00 PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled - disable cobra using opcode)
- FEATURE – Full Polish support for XMB/PS2 Emu (Provide full Polish character support)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Homebrew store compatibility (Downloading debug signed packages is now available on retail CFW.)
- FEATURE – PSN/SEN Accessibility (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
- FEATURE – HAN Toolbox Compatibility (HAN Toolbox Support added for testing HAN Signed pkgs on CFW)
- FEATURE – Enhanced Remote Play (This unlocks the limitation of working apps/games for remote play, by disabling SFO flag check)
- FEATURE – In Game Screenshot (Allows taking screenshots in Game
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility (Fake Signed ELF is supported)
- FEATURE (Optional) Toolbox 02.03.00
- TOGGLE XMB CFW SETTINGS Enable or Disable mysis’s XMB CFW settings plugin v0.1. The feature is available via Network Column on XMB after Enabled.
- TOGGLE COBRA MODE: COBRA mode ACTIVE by default, this option can toggle COBRA mode to enable COBRA 8.00 payload on boot
- TOGGLE QA: Enable/Disable QA flag. Enable for easy downgrade and other extra features on all 3.55-4.84 CFW.
- TOGGLE RECOVERY MODE: Enable/Disable Recover Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Recovery Mode.
- LOAD LV2 KERNEL: Load lv2_kernel.self.[KERNEL_NAME] from USB or /dev_hdd0
- BACKUP/RESTORE XREGISTRY: Backup or Restore the PS3 system settings from USB
- RESIZE VFLASH/NAND REGIONS: Resize VFLASH/NAND Region 5 to allow install of OtherOS.
- INSTALL PETITBOOT: Install Petitboot to VFLASH/NAND Region 5 from USB.
- SET GAMEOS BOOT FLAG: Sets the GameOS boot flag. Use this if your PS3 is having trouble booting PS2 titles after running OtherOS or is accidentally sending you back to OtherOS when trying to enter recovery mode.
- CREATE PACKAGES FOLDER ON PS3: Create /dev_hdd0/packages folder or your PS3 to be used with Package Manager.
- EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV1 MEMORY: Save LV1 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT GAMEOS LV2 MEMORY: Save LV2 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000. Takes about 45secs for NAND
- DUMP EID ROOT KEY: Dump your eid root key.
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a (Optional)
- XMB Icons for various CFW tasks, available in Network Column (on XMB) Simply select and the task is executed!
- Settings – Toggle COBRA
- Dump Tools – Klicense, File Secure ID, IDPS, Disc Hash keyService Tools – Display Minimum Downgrade FW Version, Rebuild Database, Check File System, Entering Recovery Mode (NOR Models Only)
- Advanced Service Tools – Entering FSM (!!!DO NOT Install FW while on FSM that may lead RSOD!!!), Remarry BD drive and RSOD fix
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
TOOLBOX 02.03.00 Changes
- 1.Added option to load a payload in kernel, with toolchain provided! its like ps3 got skprx thing going on now
- 2.Cobra disables support 8.00 standard for which ps2 semi bc and bc wont load iso on cobra off instead of optical media
Cobra 8.00 (changes from v7.55) - Released 3-3-19
1.Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
2.Boot times are VASTLY improved there is no stage1.
3.PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled(disable cobra using opcode)
4.Enabled cobra by default cause even rebug NEED cobra enable first boot to initialize 100%
- COBRA v8.01 Released (See bottom of article for details)
UPDATE COBRA v8.01 Released (via habib)
4.84.2 STARBUGED + COBRA v8.01
PS3 [Update] 4.84.1 STARBUGED CFW + (Includes NEW COBRA 8.00 / .01 payload) by habib
By habib on Mar 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
The Power Supply (vol. I) Featuring a chat with developer deank (creator of multiMAN / webMAN & ...)In this inaugural edition of The Power Supply (A new developer interview series) we have the pleasure to interview one of the legendary developer's of the PlayStation Homebrew Community. A developer whom has contributed on a variety of projects and been a master of some of his own . Very well known in the PS3 scene, this dev is responsible for projects that include the AIO Homebrew known as multiMAN, or the popular ps3 plugin known as webMAN (not to be confused with a forked version called webMAN MOD by aldostools). Then later on the emergence of the sMAN plugin can be from only one person and that developer is of course @deank . The developer has graciously given us some time for a Q/A interview to kick of this new series. Dean will give us a bit of insight on himself, along with his development journey on the PS3 . Also, we have asked the developer if he still has plans for a multiMAN (PS4) release after a small hint in the past that suggested the developer at least was contemplating the idea , Also, does Dean have any immediate plans for future development on the PS3/4, We have these answers and more from himself in the discussion below, so lets dive into:.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName