The 4.84 Custom Firmware landscape for the PS3 is certainly taken shape here in the last few days as we have seen multiple developer's rejoice and not only update things but progressing the PS3 scene as well. We seen Team Rebug drop 4.84 REBUG LITE edition & 4.84 FERROX Cobra cfw's that had the Cobra v7.55 payload, but as Team Rebug member @Joonie was finishing up the Rebug Lite release/testing and was about about to release, developer @habib (another team rebug member) was working on advancing the Cobra payload with some new features that would mature the payload to Cobra v8.00 (updated v8.01 see below) and in this 4.84 STARBUGED COBRA (v8.00) CFW. This blend of Starbucks + Rebug = Starbuged and not only does this CFW come equipped with the new Cobra v8.00 features but also contains all the feature that REBUG Lite edition contains as well.
The Cobra v8.00 payload see's a few changes highlighted by the ability to run a payload with kernel privileges in a way like those familiar with the PS Vita scene see with skprx, same concept but now with the PS3. Currently only a single payload is supported at a time but habib says he may increase this into the future. Also v8.00 should improve boot time dramatically according the developer as there is no longer a Stage 1 at boot up, Also note that this CFW has Cobra enabled by default (in contrast to rebug lite, needs to be turned on). Additional details about this CFW release can be seen below.
4.84.1 Starbuged + Cobra v8.00 CFW
Starbuged = Starbucks Release + Rebug Seasoning
FEATURES: (Contains Rebug Lite + Cobra v8.00 features)
- FEATURE – COBRA 8.00 (Enabled by default)
- Background running plugins at boot time (sprx)
- ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
- Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs
- Blu Ray Movie region free functionality NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
- PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
- Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
- Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
- PSNPatch stealth plugin support
- ***ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips****
- PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
- Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
- Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
- Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
- Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
- New in v8.00 Run payload with Kernel privileges - Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
- New in v8.00 Boot times speed improved - as there is no stage1.
- New in v8.00 PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled - disable cobra using opcode)
- FEATURE – Full Polish support for XMB/PS2 Emu (Provide full Polish character support)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Homebrew store compatibility (Downloading debug signed packages is now available on retail CFW.)
- FEATURE – PSN/SEN Accessibility (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
- FEATURE – HAN Toolbox Compatibility (HAN Toolbox Support added for testing HAN Signed pkgs on CFW)
- FEATURE – Enhanced Remote Play (This unlocks the limitation of working apps/games for remote play, by disabling SFO flag check)
- FEATURE – In Game Screenshot (Allows taking screenshots in Game
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility (Fake Signed ELF is supported)
- FEATURE (Optional) Toolbox 02.03.00
- TOGGLE XMB CFW SETTINGS Enable or Disable mysis’s XMB CFW settings plugin v0.1. The feature is available via Network Column on XMB after Enabled.
- TOGGLE COBRA MODE: COBRA mode ACTIVE by default, this option can toggle COBRA mode to enable COBRA 8.00 payload on boot
- TOGGLE QA: Enable/Disable QA flag. Enable for easy downgrade and other extra features on all 3.55-4.84 CFW.
- TOGGLE RECOVERY MODE: Enable/Disable Recover Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Recovery Mode.
- LOAD LV2 KERNEL: Load lv2_kernel.self.[KERNEL_NAME] from USB or /dev_hdd0
- BACKUP/RESTORE XREGISTRY: Backup or Restore the PS3 system settings from USB
- RESIZE VFLASH/NAND REGIONS: Resize VFLASH/NAND Region 5 to allow install of OtherOS.
- INSTALL PETITBOOT: Install Petitboot to VFLASH/NAND Region 5 from USB.
- SET GAMEOS BOOT FLAG: Sets the GameOS boot flag. Use this if your PS3 is having trouble booting PS2 titles after running OtherOS or is accidentally sending you back to OtherOS when trying to enter recovery mode.
- CREATE PACKAGES FOLDER ON PS3: Create /dev_hdd0/packages folder or your PS3 to be used with Package Manager.
- EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV1 MEMORY: Save LV1 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT GAMEOS LV2 MEMORY: Save LV2 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000. Takes about 45secs for NAND
- DUMP EID ROOT KEY: Dump your eid root key.
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a (Optional)
- XMB Icons for various CFW tasks, available in Network Column (on XMB) Simply select and the task is executed!
- Settings – Toggle COBRA
- Dump Tools – Klicense, File Secure ID, IDPS, Disc Hash keyService Tools – Display Minimum Downgrade FW Version, Rebuild Database, Check File System, Entering Recovery Mode (NOR Models Only)
- Advanced Service Tools – Entering FSM (!!!DO NOT Install FW while on FSM that may lead RSOD!!!), Remarry BD drive and RSOD fix
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
TOOLBOX 02.03.00 Changes
- 1.Added option to load a payload in kernel, with toolchain provided! its like ps3 got skprx thing going on now
- 2.Cobra disables support 8.00 standard for which ps2 semi bc and bc wont load iso on cobra off instead of optical media
Cobra 8.00 (changes from v7.55) - Released 3-3-19
1.Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
2.Boot times are VASTLY improved there is no stage1.
3.PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled(disable cobra using opcode)
4.Enabled cobra by default cause even rebug NEED cobra enable first boot to initialize 100%
- COBRA v8.01 Released (See bottom of article for details)
UPDATE COBRA v8.01 Released (via habib)
4.84.2 STARBUGED + COBRA v8.01
PS3 [Update] 4.84.1 STARBUGED CFW + (Includes NEW COBRA 8.00 / .01 payload) by habib
By habib on Mar 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM
RetroArch (PS2 - v1.8.8) - Utilizing New PS2 SDK / Toolchain adds performance upgradesThere has been some great work being done in the PS2 community, First off i would like to give two PS2 developer a big shoutout and some recognition (I failed in doing so in my previous coverage back in April, thanks to @TnA for pointing that out ) with work done on the PS2 SDK / Toolchain as PS2 developer's @uyjulian and @Maximus32 have been working and progressing the toolchain and SDK for sometime as you can read about some of that progress and follow some of the development in this thread.
Developer @fjtrujy has also put in some great work to the project and has utilized and adopted the improved toolchain for the RetroArch PS2 port and can be seen with the release of RetroArch v1.8.8 and its been a good descion for the homebrew (multi-system emulator) as it has been getting significant performance increases, right now we only have one new core and its a classic from the 80's (theodore libretro core), but the existing cores have an incredible performance boost for instance the QuickNESContinue reading
The latest with RetroArch (PS4-Unofficial): PSP emulation in next update along with OOSDK conversionSince the release of unofficial version of RetroArch (PS4-R3) from developer @OsirisX and subsequently the source code release that came along with it, we surprisingly have not seen or heard much in regards to an official team adopting this release to make it official. We can however more then likely gather some clues and "connect some dots" from the OG port that started it all on the PS3 and has since been pulled in recent and replace with the still in development Psl1ght (Open Source) SDK port rather then the previous versions that used the official sony sdk. With the Open Orbis SDK (OoSDK) release recently for the PS4, this seems to be the approach for the PS4 to become official as well,
Recently developer OsirisX has stated that he wants to convert the project's to OoSDK before another release is made, but the developer has already made some progress and teases a bit of that progress in the video below showing a new core being supported in PPSSPP. When asked about potential PSP or PS2 Support the developer stated the plan is to include PSP support (via PPSSPP core) in the next release. The teaser video show's GTA Vice City Stories being quite playable (video shows FPS counter) so if this game looks this well, many others should play very well also. There is still alot of great development going on with this port by developer OsirisX. .Continue reading
Super Console Wars - v1.0 (by @Acekone1 & @Lapy05575948)We have a new Homebrew Game released for the PS4 (Also available on Windows / Android / Xone / Switch (update now on PS Vita)) from developer Lapy of Lapy Games, this time around the developer who has brought us other games like River Raid Remake & Duck Hunt /Wild Gunman Remake's (and many games other's (9) found in the Lapy's Game Collection has collaborated with Acekone1 in this release. Acekone1 came up with the original concept, while also designing many of the elements that reside in the game. Where as developer Lapy did the programming portion of the game Powered by the Unity Engine for this Homebrew Game creation.
Super Console Wars is the title, its gameplay can be seen in the included ScreenShots and Video attached, S.C.W.'s main characters are some familiar faces from the video game industry as head figures of Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo who embark's on a new journey in this title where you "Choose your side and fight against fans & haters!". This platform shooter put those characters in an adventure that spans 5 stages (sectors). With an included final boss, but along the way you will encounter 4 different types of enemies in this journey (more info on those enemies in the tab below). The game can be played in both English or Spanish languages. Also, the devs have snuck in some Easter Eggs to be foundContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: