PS3 [Update] Apollo Save Tool v1.0.2 released

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

By bucanero on Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  1. 391
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    Update v1.0.2 Released
    Original Introduction: PS3 development has been seeing an upkick lately and developer @bucanero has been one of the developer playing a part. The developer has recently updated Artemis with new support and also released PKGi (PS3) but now the developer shares a great utility that involves PS3 Game Saves called Apollo, built utilizing the Artemis GUI this homebrew capable of running on CFW and PS3HEN will allow you to Patch & Resign your Game Saves / Download Game Saves / Unlock Game Saves all from the convenience of your PS3 console and not PC tools are required. Below you can see the release thread from the developer himself: So i'll let @bucanero take it from here with another great release:
    -STLcardsWS

screenshot_main.png
    It's summer, you're between jobs (a.k.a. unemployed), so what do you do with that amount of free time? You make "Apollo", a new homebrew app for the PS3! :D

• you might wonder... why is it called Apollo?
      Apollo was the twin brother of Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Since this project was born using the Artemis-GUI codebase, I decided to respect that heritage by calling it Apollo.

So, without further ado, let's present Apollo:

Apollo Save Tool is an application to manage save-game files on the PlayStation 3.
      The apollo-ps3 homebrew app allows to download, unlock, patch and resign save-game files directly on your PS3.

Features:
      • Easy to use: no crypto-key configuration or advanced setup needed.
      • Standalone: no computer required, everything happens on the PS3.
      • Save files listing: quick access to all the save files on USB and the internal PS3 HDD (+ file details)
      • Save SFO unlocking: allows the user to remove the copy-lock flag, enabling transfer of Copying Prohibited save files.
      • Save files patching: supports Bruteforce Save Data and Game Genie cheat patches to enhance your save-game.
      • Save PFD resigning: allows the user to resign save files made by other users and consoles.
      • Save downloading: access to an Online Database of save-game files to download straight to your PlayStation.
      • Automatic settings: auto-detection of PSID and Account-ID settings.

• v1.0.2

Added

• Re-added resign/cheat options to HDD/USB
      • Added decrypt file option
      • Updated UI with custom font

Fixed

• Fixed game listing issue (when name has a \n)
      • Fixed custom CRC calculation bug (BSD patches)

v1.0.0

Added

• Bruteforce Save Data cheat patch support
      • Changed save-game encryption/decryption method
      • Splash screen logo

v0.9.0

Added

• Game Genie cheat patch support
      • Updated UI
      • Added Remove Console ID patch
      • Added Licenses backup to .Zip (/dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/exdata/)
      • Added bulk save-game copy to USB
      • Added Trophies backup to USB
      • Added owner.txt support to override auto-detected settings
      • Improved auto-update check/download
      Fixed

• Solved issue when copying save-games from HDD to USB
      • Solved freeze bug when using Clear local cache
      • UI: Fixed improper titles and messages

v0.6.5

Added
      • Export save-game to .Zip file
      • Copy save-game to USB
      • New Settings option to clear local cache
      • New Settings option to update application data

Fixed
      • Fixed patch when removing Account ID
      • Use internal PS3 fonts to fix issues with extended characters

v0.5.1

Hot fix release.

Fixed

• Fix unzip issue when unpacking online save files

v0.5.0

First public release.
      Added

• Save file listing (+ details)
      • Save file SFO unlocking (remove lock flag)
      • Save file PFD resigning
      • Save file download from Online Database
      • Automatic detection of PSID/Account-ID settings

• Using the application is simple and straight-forward:
      • Move UP/DOWN to select the save-game file you want to patch, and press :but x: . The patch screen will show the available fixes for the file. Select the patches and click Apply.
      • To see the item's details, press :but tri: . It will open the context menu on the screen. Press :but cir: to return to the list.
      • To reload the list, press :but square: .
      • Press left (L1/L2) or right trigger buttons (R1/R2) to move pages up or down.

• No special setup is needed. Just download the latest apollo-ps3.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 3. On first run, the application will detect and setup the required user settings.

• screenshot_main.png screenshot_patches.png screenshot_savelist.png screenshot_settings.png screenshot_about.png screenshot_details.png

• Credits

See the full project's README for more information: https://apollo.psdev.tk/
    feel free to share you comments and ideas! :cool2:

Download link: https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/latest
    As usual, full source code is available on GitHub :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

1. bucanero
      bucanero
      Sharing your PS3 saves to the Online Save Database

:sfun oldguy:The latest version of this document can be found at http://apollo-db.psdev.tk/

Introduction

The online save database is hosted on GitHub, everything is open-sourced there:
      https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-saves

Exporting the save-game

To start, I'll assume you already have the latest version of Apollo installed. You'll also need a USB drive (FAT32) to save the exported Zip file.

1. Within the app, browse your HDD/USB saves
      2. Select the save-game you want to export.
      3. From the options, select "Export save game to Zip".
      4. Next, select to which USB port you want to save (USB 0 or 1).
      5. Wait for the .Zip export file to be generated.
      If everything went well, you'll have the exported .zip file ready on your USB storage device here:
      /PS3/EXPORT/

in the folder you'll also find a saves.txt file, listing the exported .zips with the title-id and the save-game names.

Uploading a save

Now regarding the upload, to share the save with the community:

The simple way is to create a GitHub issue with the provided template, then you can write down the save description and upload the .zip file directly here (just drag&drop the .zip): https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-saves/issues/new/choose

if you're an experienced GitHub user, you can also:
      1. Fork the project https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-saves
      2. Add the "12345678.zip" to the BLES01081 folder
      3. Edit "saves.txt" in the folder, adding 12345678.zip with a short description
      4. Submit the changes with a Pull Request
      5. Then I merge the changes and the saves will be available to every user.

If you don't know about Github (forks, pull requests, etc), don't worry. Just upload the .zip file you created to mediafire.com or any other web, then just send me a message here with the link and information/description so I can add it.

About the DB structure

The structure is simple:
      • Each game has a folder, named with the TITLE-ID. (e.g. BLUS12345)
      • game saves are stored in .zip files inside the game's TITLE ID folder.
      • The Zip filename must be XXXXXXXX.zip , where "X" can be a number from 0 to 9. (zip extension lowercase).
      • The Zip file must contain the save-game folder and data. (e.g. MYGAME-DATA/*)
      • Each folder has a "saves.txt" file that lists the available saves, with the description.
      • On the root, a file "games.txt" lists all the games/title-id's available.
      Note: if the explanation is a bit confusing, please browse the link and it will be much more clear.
      Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
      Johnnie, disyoko, Grim Doe and 5 others like this.
    2. Md Hesam
      Md Hesam
      Does Apollo work on HEN?
      Java Brasil ps3 and Yugonibblit like this.
    3. bucanero
      bucanero
      Yes, HEN and CFW are good to go; works on any PS3 that can run homebrew :)
    4. sandungas
      sandungas
      Looks nice and handy, so handy that i bet is going to enter directly in the "must have" category of PS3 scene apps :encouragement:
    5. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Defo handy for people who don't run DEBUG FW or use REBUG REX/D-REX.

A nice alternative to "Fake Save Data Owner" for CEX users... nice one.
      T.A.U, bucanero and Yugonibblit like this.
    6. Berion
      Berion
      It is even handy for users with Rebug or any debug fw because FSDO option, mess with ownership (and it is one of the reason why I didn't using it). So with this option turned on, and after saved game, You no longer cannot use that save on retail fw. Or maybe I'm screwed something and reason why it didn't works was different. ;p
      T.A.U, Algol, pinky and 2 others like this.
    7. jcolell
      jcolell
      WOW! THANKS FOR THIS ! (AND FOR ARTEMIS)
      bucanero and Yugonibblit like this.
    8. Louis Garry
      Louis Garry
      Amazing, thank you.
      bucanero likes this.
    9. pinky
      pinky
      I believe you're correct. if you save a game with fsdo on, the save will no longer be usable except on rebug.
      Berion, T.A.U, bucanero and 1 other person like this.
    10. Pitchounet
      Pitchounet
      Great work! Big thanks!
      bucanero likes this.
    11. remlei
      remlei
      as usual you make our lives easier again @bucanero

i hope there's a option for dump all saves and restore all option rather than selecting each save game 1 by 1.
    12. Algol
      Algol
      @bucanero ; Merci pour ton très bon travail, il est très utile sur ma "Ultra-Slim" (CECH-4204C) qui est sous le HFW-4.85.1/HEN-3.0.0. Cependant, tous les caractères accentués sont ignorés et remplacés par d'autres caractères dans ma langue natale qui est le français.
      Pourrais-tu faire une correction qui permettrait de d'afficher correctement ces caractères ???

Je t'en remercie par avance. Très cordialement.

Algol "le papy".

In English via "Google-trad" :

Thank you for your very good work, it is very useful on my "Ultra-Slim" (CECH-4204C) which is under the HFW-4.85.1 / HEN-3.0.0. However, all accented characters are ignored and replaced by other characters in my native language which is French.

Could you make a correction that would display these characters correctly ???

I thank you in advance. Very cordially.
      sandungas and bucanero like this.
    13. bucanero
      bucanero
      for the moment there's no "mass resign/patch" option available; I still want to fix and improve a bit some details before adding more new features.

please, if you have a chance, open an issue on the Github project so I can keep track of this feature request.
      cheers
      rocknard, Louis Garry, T.A.U and 2 others like this.
    14. bucanero
      bucanero
      yes, I know about the issue with foreign characters, it's one of the things I want to fix in in the upcoming releases. I also had this issue with PKGi and solved it thanks to @Zar 's feedback, so it should be quite straight-forward to fix.
      T.A.U and Algol like this.
    15. tehrzky
      tehrzky
      i hope you add psp resign save game on ps3.. because i tried importing my psp to ps3 but it dont works it cannot see my save game..

tnx for this tool.
      bucanero likes this.
    16. Dropping
      Dropping
      Fantastic! So nice to see development happening on PS3 scene.
      Java Brasil ps3 and bucanero like this.
    17. bucanero
      bucanero
      I don't have a PSP so I don't know much about psp saves on PS3. For the moment, I'm focusing on the standard PS3 saves, but feel free to open an issue on my Github project so I can keep track of this request.
      tehrzky likes this.
    18. Anthonyy817
      Anthonyy817
      Could this also support PSX and PS2 game save downloading? Imagine how huge that would be if you had an online database of PSX and PS2 game save codes we could access on the PS3. I think that would be super amazing.

Also, are you the same bucanero who created the Shenmue Save Converter for Dreamcast? If so, I have loved the homebrew apps you made for that system. Do you still have a working link to that Dreamcast saves app that hat tons of them on a single image? I am still huge into the Dreamcast even to this day. Rocking an overclocked DC with GDEMU and dual bios.
    19. bucanero
      bucanero
      it could support other saves, for sure, but each type of save (psp, ps2, etc) has its own format so it's not as simple as adding more files to the same app.

Regarding the online database, for sure the idea is to gather all the save files in one central place, although I believe it needs to be a community effort, as I won't have the time to gather, sort, and add every single save for every platform/game/version.
      There's no need to be a developer to help, just a web browser, a "WinZip" app and patience to search and upload new files.

Yes, the one and only! :D I still have my Dreamcast with all the dev-setup, but I haven't used it in a long while. Perhaps one day I'll finish a few pending app ideas I had for the DC.

Sure, all links for my Dreamcast apps are working: :)
      https://github.com/bucanero/vmucd/releases
      https://github.com/bucanero/vmzip/releases
      https://github.com/bucanero/shenmue2-save-fix/releases

You can also find more DC stuff on my site:
      http://www.bucanero.com.ar/downloads/

(btw, if you want, try the "VMU CD DreamOn Edition" from my site, it includes VMU Backup CD and VMZip in one single disc)

cheers
      jacobsson, disyoko, Rmtxpir and 2 others like this.