PS3 [Update] Apollo Save Tool v1.0.2 released

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

By bucanero on Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  1. 473
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    Update v1.0.2 Released
    Original Introduction: PS3 development has been seeing an upkick lately and developer @bucanero has been one of the developer playing a part. The developer has recently updated Artemis with new support and also released PKGi (PS3) but now the developer shares a great utility that involves PS3 Game Saves called Apollo, built utilizing the Artemis GUI this homebrew capable of running on CFW and PS3HEN will allow you to Patch & Resign your Game Saves / Download Game Saves / Unlock Game Saves all from the convenience of your PS3 console and not PC tools are required. Below you can see the release thread from the developer himself: So i'll let @bucanero take it from here with another great release:
    -STLcardsWS

screenshot_main.png
    It's summer and you're bored; what do you do with that amount of free time? You make "Apollo", a new homebrew app for the PS3! :D

• you might wonder... why is it called Apollo?
      Apollo was the twin brother of Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Since this project was born using the Artemis-GUI codebase, I decided to respect that heritage by calling it Apollo.

So, without further ado, let's present Apollo:

Apollo Save Tool is an application to manage save-game files on the PlayStation 3.
      The apollo-ps3 homebrew app allows to download, unlock, patch and resign save-game files directly on your PS3.

Features:
      • Easy to use: no crypto-key configuration or advanced setup needed.
      • Standalone: no computer required, everything happens on the PS3.
      • Save files listing: quick access to all the save files on USB and the internal PS3 HDD (+ file details)
      • Save SFO unlocking: allows the user to remove the copy-lock flag, enabling transfer of Copying Prohibited save files.
      • Save files patching: supports Bruteforce Save Data and Game Genie cheat patches to enhance your save-games.
      • Save PFD resigning: allows the user to resign save files made by other users and consoles.
      • Save downloading: access to an Online Database of save-game files to download straight to your PlayStation.
      • Automatic settings: auto-detection of PSID and Account-ID settings.

• v1.0.9

Added
      • Support for compressed save-game file patching
      • Added insert, delete, compress, and decompress BSD patch commands
      • Improved save list browsing
      • Improved BSD patch code parsing
      • Reduced package installer size

v1.0.2

Added

• Re-added resign/cheat options to HDD/USB
      • Added decrypt file option
      • Updated UI with custom font

Fixed

• Fixed game listing issue (when name has a \n)
      • Fixed custom CRC calculation bug (BSD patches)

v1.0.0

Added

• Bruteforce Save Data cheat patch support
      • Changed save-game encryption/decryption method
      • Splash screen logo

v0.9.0

Added

• Game Genie cheat patch support
      • Updated UI
      • Added Remove Console ID patch
      • Added Licenses backup to .Zip (/dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/exdata/)
      • Added bulk save-game copy to USB
      • Added Trophies backup to USB
      • Added owner.txt support to override auto-detected settings
      • Improved auto-update check/download
      Fixed

• Solved issue when copying save-games from HDD to USB
      • Solved freeze bug when using Clear local cache
      • UI: Fixed improper titles and messages

v0.6.5

Added
      • Export save-game to .Zip file
      • Copy save-game to USB
      • New Settings option to clear local cache
      • New Settings option to update application data

Fixed
      • Fixed patch when removing Account ID
      • Use internal PS3 fonts to fix issues with extended characters

v0.5.1

Hot fix release.

Fixed

• Fix unzip issue when unpacking online save files

v0.5.0

First public release.
      Added

• Save file listing (+ details)
      • Save file SFO unlocking (remove lock flag)
      • Save file PFD resigning
      • Save file download from Online Database
      • Automatic detection of PSID/Account-ID settings

• Using the application is simple and straight-forward:
      • Move UP/DOWN to select the save-game file you want to patch, and press :but x: . The patch screen will show the available fixes for the file. Select the patches and click Apply.
      • To see the item's details, press :but tri: . It will open the context menu on the screen. Press :but cir: to return to the list.
      • To reload the list, press :but square: .
      • Press left (L1/L2) or right trigger buttons (R1/R2) to move pages up or down.

• No special setup is needed. Just download the latest apollo-ps3.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 3. On first run, the application will detect and setup the required user settings.

• screenshot_main.png screenshot_patches.png screenshot_savelist.png screenshot_settings.png screenshot_about.png screenshot_details.png

• Credits

See the full project's README for more information: https://apollo.psdev.tk/
    feel free to share you comments and ideas! :cool2:

Download link: https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/latest
    As usual, full source code is available on GitHub :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    swordzjj, aakkkyyy, Nano1993 and 39 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Berion
      Berion
      @SoJustMe Did You rebuild database after resigning? Try it. I don't know if Apollo doing it but it is probably necessary (if XMB db also preserve such informations as CP parram).

@GREEDY PESOS Technically it is possible and easy to implement but... needs database with folder and file names for the same title for all regions, across different editions. Impossible to do for one man. With no guarantee it works always (for sure not always). I can only confirm that region conversion works with Uncharted 2 Greatest Hits and premiere PAL version because I did it in the past, when Flatz tools released.
      GREEDY PESOS likes this.
    2. bucanero
      bucanero
      Apollo is not currently doing any database rebuild, so yes the XMB might need a refresh to see the changes.

btw, if you remove the copy-flag from USB files, it shows up without delay because I assume the XMB does not cache any information from removable devices.
    3. Berion
      Berion
      You could probably force console to rebuild database i.e by placing flag (unfortunately I don't know which one) to "dev_hdd0/tmp/mms/" (if memory doesn't fault me @pinky) and then doing soft restart (LV2).

But this also need to warn user that he will loose XMB "folders" and setting up item order. So should be also optional.
    4. sandungas
      sandungas
      The correct way would be to advise to one of the .sprx's that does the database update tasks that... "a new content has been created, please index it", but sadly we dont know how to do that :/
      The hdd database stores some info about savedata btw... but i dont know how many of it matters for apollo tasks (like the detail you mentioned about the copy protection, as far i remember this is not stored in the database)
    5. pinky
      pinky
      @Berion , if you mean the database location, it's dev_hdd0/mms/db . there's a flag that you can create yourself or you can go into the recovery menu to do it.
      Berion likes this.
    6. sandungas
      sandungas
      As example... when you use the official feature to "import from USB" or "export to USB" a savedata you are sending an order to a .sprx to update the database. And that order probably is something generic where only changes the TITLE_ID of the savedata

If we could "capture" that info sent to the .sprx you could trigger it by yourself in apollo indicating the TITLE_ID of other savedata

*Also, i guess it could be posible to create a "virtual" USB device to do some savedata import/export or conversions without the need of having a real USB device connected... just with the purpose of taking advantage of that database updating made when you import/export savedatas to USB
      Algol and bucanero like this.
    7. bucanero
      bucanero
      a theory I want to check to transfer a save from USB to HDD with Apollo (and getting it to show up on the XMB without db rebuild):

since I'm already able to create valid save files using the internal PS3 methods (the apollo settings save, for example), I want to ask the ps3 to create a new save, but this time using the folder-name of the USB save ;) ... that should trigger the database update and all the internal stuff... once that's done, I would over-write all the files from USB to HDD, but the save should be already there on the database.

just to be clear: I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know the results. (theory only)
      Algol and sandungas like this.
    8. sandungas
      sandungas
      Ohhh, actually this should work better if you create the savedata using a PARAM.SFO with the real TITLE_ID but all other attributes generic, like a placeholder (containing info easy to locate later with "fseek"), and after creating the savedata you search for that info in the hdd database (in a similar way i did in the "DB3 crawler" tool) and update the "placeholder" savedata entry with the info from the new PARAM.SFO

All this needs to be made in a single sequence from inside apollo (before exiting apollo)... and at the time you exit, the database already contains the correct info, so the savedata should be displayed normally
      Algol and bucanero like this.
    9. ashura
      ashura
      hello sojustme i recommend you that in that case that does not let you copy from usb on ps3 main menu, on apollo try to use the option that says zip and copy to usb, that one works fine, also worked for me forsave of the evil within that one does not let you copy progress either, best regards
      SoJustMe likes this.
    10. SoJustMe
      SoJustMe
      thank you..

i managed to Copy to usb with Zip then Unzip to Sava file ps3. after that, i managed to Unlock and Resign Save file of Dark Souls on new user i created then copy it.

(Normal Copy give Currupted Data for Dark soul)

BUT when i start the game this shity message comes out while loading the resigned save file inside the game.

(i have not updated the game since back up the game untill now, i tried to fresh copy from user 1 and repeat the process on new user but it gives same message inside the game).

if you could please try this to copy Dark soul save file on new user and check if it works or not and load the save file inside the game or give same message?

EDIT: thanks i have solved the problem

1- copy as Zip file
      2-unzip and move it to save folder inside ps3 folder on USB memory flash
      3- from usb only(select) Remove copyprotection then Apply&resign
      4- copy it in ps3 save data utility .

Hint:
      -the save file from hdd does not change even after applying paches. this is why apply patch after copy to USB.
      - Remove The Owner result to this message in pic witch said diffrent versions.
      -after the save file copy from USB to PS3, the file changed to Lock ( copy porhibited)
      - copy the sqve file directly to USB (without Zip) result in Currupted Data once display the save files in ps3 utility.

@bucanero
      @sandungas

need help here please

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    11. bucanero
      bucanero
      so in the end you solved the issue, right? :)

weird that the .Zip copy worked but a direct copy didn't (if you can, compare the files in the .zip with the one copied directly, I wonder if there's any difference :confused3: )... I guess I need to run more tests

btw, the "remove owner" option is not really needed for any normal use-case, I'd say it's an advanced option. (I actually left out another advanced option to "remove console ID" from a save)
      Those options would probably only make sense if you want to send the save to a friend but want to erase any reference to your account or console.
      DeViL303, Algol and Louis Garry like this.
    12. bucanero
      bucanero
      Apollo Save Tool v0.9.0 has been released:
      https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/tag/v0.9.0

Those with Apollo already installed should be able to get the new .pkg from within the app (if you have the auto-version check enabled)

Added

• Game Genie cheat patch support
      • Updated UI
      • Added Remove Console ID patch
      • Added Licenses backup to .Zip (/dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/exdata/)
      • Added bulk save-game copy to USB
      • Added Trophies backup to USB
      • Added owner.txt support to override auto-detected settings
      • Improved auto-update check/download
      Fixed

• Solved issue when copying save-games from HDD to USB
      • Solved freeze bug when using Clear local cache
      • UI: Fixed improper titles and messages

Notes:

Cheat patches can only be applied to saves on the HDD. Saves on USB will only show options to unlock, remove account/console id, export to zip, and copy.

Right now only Game Genie cheat codes are supported. Cheats that use BSD script format or need a checksum hash (crc, md5, etc) shouldn't be used or you'll end up with an invalid save.
    13. ashura
      ashura
      Hello bucanero i do have a question, do you know which games will be supported or is there a list that we can check to verify the game genie cheat games compatible? Thanks in advance, best regards
      Algol likes this.
    14. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Nice work @bucanero and @Berion Very nice app. Really official/professional looking.

I might have just found a small bug. I went into usb saves and there were none. When I press triangle for "details" it freezes the console. If it makes any difference I do have a FAT32 usb stick in dev_usb001 with no saves on it.

I was on this screen:
      test.jpg
      Berion, bucanero and aldostools like this.
    15. bucanero
      bucanero
      reviewing every patch file would take a lot of time, so there's no list.

In any case, it's quite simple to know when you select a game, and select the "View Code" option on a cheat patch:

Game Genie codes look like:
      Code:
      28000022 0000FFFF
      18000022 000000FF
      4A0000AA AA007FFF
      BSD script patches look like:
      Code:
      search "Shotgun"
      write next A:7FFF
      And any game that needs checksum updates have a code saying something like "Update CRC (required)"

if the game has no "update checksum" patch, and the cheat you select is in the Game Genie format, it should work fine. (for safety, make a backup or export a .Zip before applying cheats)

In any case, I'll add support for BSD script format and checksums in the next version :)
      Algol and DeViL303 like this.
    16. bucanero
      bucanero
      oh, good catch! :encouragement: I'm quite sure the bug is due to a null pointer reference... the app assumes there's a save-game to get information about, but of course empty list = no save.

I'll fix it soon but probably won't make a release until next cycle (v1.0.0) when I include BSD script support+checksums.
      Algol and DeViL303 like this.
    17. Labestiajake
      Labestiajake
      Wow, great work
      bucanero likes this.
    18. remlei
      remlei
      ohh its getting better now, im still awaiting for the "mass save game patching" option to be available. Having 500+save files accumulated over the years patching 1by1 is not fun.
    19. Java Brasil ps3
      Java Brasil ps3
      hi sorry to disturb the save more i'm trying to remove the id and re-sign with my psid Apollo is corrupting on the pendrive and the option to remove psid is only appearing by pendrive and not HD
    20. Java Brasil ps3
      Java Brasil ps3
      The saves when it is passed in Apollo when moving to the PS3 again from the pendrive shows that it is corrupted