PS3 [Update] Apollo Save Tool v1.0.2 released

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

By bucanero on Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  1. 459
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    Update v1.0.2 Released
    Original Introduction: PS3 development has been seeing an upkick lately and developer @bucanero has been one of the developer playing a part. The developer has recently updated Artemis with new support and also released PKGi (PS3) but now the developer shares a great utility that involves PS3 Game Saves called Apollo, built utilizing the Artemis GUI this homebrew capable of running on CFW and PS3HEN will allow you to Patch & Resign your Game Saves / Download Game Saves / Unlock Game Saves all from the convenience of your PS3 console and not PC tools are required. Below you can see the release thread from the developer himself: So i'll let @bucanero take it from here with another great release:
    -STLcardsWS

screenshot_main.png
    It's summer and you're bored; what do you do with that amount of free time? You make "Apollo", a new homebrew app for the PS3! :D

• you might wonder... why is it called Apollo?
      Apollo was the twin brother of Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Since this project was born using the Artemis-GUI codebase, I decided to respect that heritage by calling it Apollo.

So, without further ado, let's present Apollo:

Apollo Save Tool is an application to manage save-game files on the PlayStation 3.
      The apollo-ps3 homebrew app allows to download, unlock, patch and resign save-game files directly on your PS3.

Features:
      • Easy to use: no crypto-key configuration or advanced setup needed.
      • Standalone: no computer required, everything happens on the PS3.
      • Save files listing: quick access to all the save files on USB and the internal PS3 HDD (+ file details)
      • Save SFO unlocking: allows the user to remove the copy-lock flag, enabling transfer of Copying Prohibited save files.
      • Save files patching: supports Bruteforce Save Data and Game Genie cheat patches to enhance your save-games.
      • Save PFD resigning: allows the user to resign save files made by other users and consoles.
      • Save downloading: access to an Online Database of save-game files to download straight to your PlayStation.
      • Automatic settings: auto-detection of PSID and Account-ID settings.

• v1.0.9

Added
      • Support for compressed save-game file patching
      • Added insert, delete, compress, and decompress BSD patch commands
      • Improved save list browsing
      • Improved BSD patch code parsing
      • Reduced package installer size

v1.0.2

Added

• Re-added resign/cheat options to HDD/USB
      • Added decrypt file option
      • Updated UI with custom font

Fixed

• Fixed game listing issue (when name has a \n)
      • Fixed custom CRC calculation bug (BSD patches)

v1.0.0

Added

• Bruteforce Save Data cheat patch support
      • Changed save-game encryption/decryption method
      • Splash screen logo

v0.9.0

Added

• Game Genie cheat patch support
      • Updated UI
      • Added Remove Console ID patch
      • Added Licenses backup to .Zip (/dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/exdata/)
      • Added bulk save-game copy to USB
      • Added Trophies backup to USB
      • Added owner.txt support to override auto-detected settings
      • Improved auto-update check/download
      Fixed

• Solved issue when copying save-games from HDD to USB
      • Solved freeze bug when using Clear local cache
      • UI: Fixed improper titles and messages

v0.6.5

Added
      • Export save-game to .Zip file
      • Copy save-game to USB
      • New Settings option to clear local cache
      • New Settings option to update application data

Fixed
      • Fixed patch when removing Account ID
      • Use internal PS3 fonts to fix issues with extended characters

v0.5.1

Hot fix release.

Fixed

• Fix unzip issue when unpacking online save files

v0.5.0

First public release.
      Added

• Save file listing (+ details)
      • Save file SFO unlocking (remove lock flag)
      • Save file PFD resigning
      • Save file download from Online Database
      • Automatic detection of PSID/Account-ID settings

• Using the application is simple and straight-forward:
      • Move UP/DOWN to select the save-game file you want to patch, and press :but x: . The patch screen will show the available fixes for the file. Select the patches and click Apply.
      • To see the item's details, press :but tri: . It will open the context menu on the screen. Press :but cir: to return to the list.
      • To reload the list, press :but square: .
      • Press left (L1/L2) or right trigger buttons (R1/R2) to move pages up or down.

• No special setup is needed. Just download the latest apollo-ps3.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 3. On first run, the application will detect and setup the required user settings.

• screenshot_main.png screenshot_patches.png screenshot_savelist.png screenshot_settings.png screenshot_about.png screenshot_details.png

• Credits

See the full project's README for more information: https://apollo.psdev.tk/
    feel free to share you comments and ideas! :cool2:

Download link: https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/latest
    As usual, full source code is available on GitHub :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    swordzjj, aakkkyyy, Nano1993 and 39 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

1. SoJustMe
      SoJustMe
      @bucanero

Yes, the text above jars.

report:

-on HDD it does not show resign option only Copy and Cheat
      -Borderland 2 save file of the character , got error when resign -somehow the owner changed but no effect- .(i tried to copy my character on different user , so my little brother have the same character level as me). profile save file resigned succesfully but the charater is not. in game there is always new game not trace for my progress i copied and resigned

i am doing more test..
    2. bucanero
      bucanero
      yes, resigning is currently only available on USB saves

About Borderlands 2 save, are you using v0.9.1 , right? the resign error is shown in Apollo, or you get an issue when you copy the file to the XMB (corrupt save)?
      if it gets copied by the XMB with no issues, then the resign worked but the game might have additional security checks that detect that the save comes from a different user.
      SoJustMe and Algol like this.
    3. Java Brasil ps3
      Java Brasil ps3
      @bucanero It would be like having an option to change the Apollo theme like a theme server to put game themes on the Apollo menu. Changing sounds would be top that super nostalgic top gear song too
    4. Algol
      Algol
      @bucanero :

Comment expliquez-vous que le transfert des SAVEs et des Trophys soient si longs avec "Apollo" alors que pour les mêmes SAVEs et Trophys via mmCM-4.85.1 cela soit au moins 8 à 10 fois plus rapide (clef USB la même) ??? Avez-vous un moyen d'accélérer cela ???

In English via Google-trad :

How do you explain that the transfer of SAVEs and Trophies are so long with "Apollo" when for the same SAVEs and Trophys via mmCM-4.85.1 it is at least 8 to 10 times faster (USB key the same)? ?? Do you have a way to speed this up ???
    5. bucanero
      bucanero
      v1.0.0 has been released:
      https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/tag/v1.0.0

The new feature is the support for Bruteforce Save data (BSD) cheat patches.

Now you can apply cheats from Game Genie and BSD codes, including those cheats that need re-hashing (like crc32, md5, etc) to work properly.

note: only missing item from BSD is the support for compressed save data. (cheats that require [Decompress] first)
      MixeryMaxe and DeViL303 like this.
    6. bucanero
      bucanero
      It would be possible to support themes and customize the GUI, provided that I have time to parameterize the code. A first simple approach could be just having a "UI" folder where the app reads all the .png image files and the .mp3 background music. Then the user could replace any file if desired.

well, code hasn't been optimized; for the moment my focus was on supporting BSD cheat codes. I wouldn't be surprised if copying is slower that any other app. Regarding file transfers, implementing async read/write could be one solution.
      Java Brasil ps3 and Algol like this.
    7. Louis Garry
      Louis Garry
      Ama
      Amazing, thank you.
      bucanero and Java Brasil ps3 like this.
    8. Iustin_Theft-07
      Iustin_Theft-07
      @bucanero Would be nice to be able to change the Title ID/Region of the save file when appling patches:)
      Awesome tool dude!
      bucanero likes this.
    9. ashura
      ashura
      Hello guys i hope that you have a wonderful day i wanted to inquire about the resign saves It is because that this function is only available for usb saves but not for HDD saves, it will be useful because i am having issues trying to apply cheats to a HDD save for example on dead rising 2 after i apply the cheats the savedata got corrupted so i think that there is a way to fix that but will be neccesary to have the resign saves option available for HDD saves in order to try to reasign saves in order to try to prevent to that error to happen
      Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
      bucanero likes this.
    10. Oldmanmoddz
      Oldmanmoddz
      It's a really great tool if ur having confusion u need to have a folder that says ps3 then save data in it then put ur save when u go in mark remove console I'd and the other thing then all u have to do is click resign and apply after that leave them all unchecked and do it again and it worked then move to home folder under save data
      bucanero and Algol like this.
    11. bucanero
      bucanero
      the save shows as "corrupted" on the XMB, or when you load it on the game?

I'll re-add the option in the next version, but actually when you apply cheats using v1.0.0 the save gets resigned too.
      (tech note: I moved back to the custom encrypt/decrypt functions from pfdtools, so when you select a cheat, Apollo will decrypt > patch > encrypt > resign the save.)

it might also be a bug on Apollo... you could try to apply the same cheats using the original Bruteforce Save Data and see if the save loads properly or not.

For reference, I've tested with some games I have around and I didn't have issues applying patches. Here's a list of games I 'cheated' with Apollo and worked properly:

Alpha protocol
      Far cry 3 blood dragon
      Ultimate marvel vs. Capcom 3
      Lollipop chainsaw
      Guilty gear X sign
      ashura and Algol like this.
    12. ashura
      ashura
      hello bucanero actually does show in both on ps3 XMB and in the game, appears that savedata could not be loaded due to that is corrupted, it is also good to know that apollo does that on the moment of applying cheats, additional i tried on bruteforce but it gaves me a different thing jeje actually i managed to add the cheats through bruteforce savedata tool, then after that copy the savedata to usb and then i reassigned savedata then it let me copy to ps3 with no errors and then on the in game, does not appear the savedata corrupted message anymore, jeje so yeah my experiment worked jeje so it will be good to have once again the option available to reassign saves from HDD bucanero jeje thanks a lot
    13. bucanero
      bucanero
      alright, if with Bruteforce Data it worked, then it seems there's a bug in Apollo that is corrupting the save.

since I don't have that game, could you share the original Dead Rising 2 save file that you tried patching, so I can run some tests and fix the bug? (the save file before any patching or getting corrupted)
      also the working save patched by Bruteforce Data would be good to have too. Just upload a .zip and I'll check it, I bet the bug will show up. ( https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/issues )

btw, have you tried applying cheats with Apollo to other games? did you get errors or corruption issues there too?

thanks for the feedback
      ashura and Algol like this.
    14. zeroofall
      zeroofall
      Not really a bug, just a UI suggestion. Long game names seem to cause a overlap in the next line of text and make them unledgable. Perhaps a limit if possible to just a certain amount of characters or allow the name to scroll.

BTW Thanks for all your contributions to the PS3 Scene!!!
      bucanero likes this.
    15. bucanero
      bucanero
      could you provide an example (game title?), maybe a screenshot or a save-game file with a long name so I can check it on my side?

It seems my games don't have such long names so I haven't detected that behaviour during my tests
    16. zeroofall
      zeroofall
      Metal Gear Solid 4 is the one I noticed

Attached Files:

sandungas likes this.
    17. bucanero
      bucanero
      oh I see, thanks for the picture. :encouragement: It should be a quick fix, I'm pretty sure where I need to adjust the code.

edit: fixed and tested, it should be available in the next release
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
      sandungas, Algol and zeroofall like this.
    18. ashura
      ashura
      Hello bucanero sure the original save data was the one that you have uploaded into the online db of apollo jeje and once i get to home i will upload the working modified savedata, best regards
      bucanero likes this.
    19. aldostools
      aldostools
      Dead Rising 2 uses a custom checksum. Make sure that you use the following parameters:

m_Algorithm = CustomCRC
      CustomCRC_BitsOrder = bits32
      CustomCRC_Polynomial = CRC32_EDB88320
      CustomCRC_InitialValue = 0
      CustomCRC_XOR = 0
      CustomCRC_reflect_input = True
      CustomCRC_reflect_output = False
      Algol and bucanero like this.
    20. bucanero
      bucanero
      perfect, I'll check the save file you already shared! :encouragement: I totally forgot to check there! :D

I'll start by checking if Apollo is doing the custom CRC (mentioned by aldos) properly

edit: I did a quick check and it looks like the custom crc is calculated correctly.

@ashura: do you remember which cheats were you applying to the save file?
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
      ashura, aldostools and Algol like this.