PS3 [Update] Apollo Save Tool v1.0.2 released

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

By bucanero on Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  1. 392
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    Update v1.0.2 Released
    Original Introduction: PS3 development has been seeing an upkick lately and developer @bucanero has been one of the developer playing a part. The developer has recently updated Artemis with new support and also released PKGi (PS3) but now the developer shares a great utility that involves PS3 Game Saves called Apollo, built utilizing the Artemis GUI this homebrew capable of running on CFW and PS3HEN will allow you to Patch & Resign your Game Saves / Download Game Saves / Unlock Game Saves all from the convenience of your PS3 console and not PC tools are required. Below you can see the release thread from the developer himself: So i'll let @bucanero take it from here with another great release:
    -STLcardsWS

screenshot_main.png
    It's summer, you're between jobs (a.k.a. unemployed), so what do you do with that amount of free time? You make "Apollo", a new homebrew app for the PS3! :D

• you might wonder... why is it called Apollo?
      Apollo was the twin brother of Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Since this project was born using the Artemis-GUI codebase, I decided to respect that heritage by calling it Apollo.

So, without further ado, let's present Apollo:

Apollo Save Tool is an application to manage save-game files on the PlayStation 3.
      The apollo-ps3 homebrew app allows to download, unlock, patch and resign save-game files directly on your PS3.

Features:
      • Easy to use: no crypto-key configuration or advanced setup needed.
      • Standalone: no computer required, everything happens on the PS3.
      • Save files listing: quick access to all the save files on USB and the internal PS3 HDD (+ file details)
      • Save SFO unlocking: allows the user to remove the copy-lock flag, enabling transfer of Copying Prohibited save files.
      • Save files patching: supports Bruteforce Save Data and Game Genie cheat patches to enhance your save-game.
      • Save PFD resigning: allows the user to resign save files made by other users and consoles.
      • Save downloading: access to an Online Database of save-game files to download straight to your PlayStation.
      • Automatic settings: auto-detection of PSID and Account-ID settings.

• v1.0.2

Added

• Re-added resign/cheat options to HDD/USB
      • Added decrypt file option
      • Updated UI with custom font

Fixed

• Fixed game listing issue (when name has a \n)
      • Fixed custom CRC calculation bug (BSD patches)

v1.0.0

Added

• Bruteforce Save Data cheat patch support
      • Changed save-game encryption/decryption method
      • Splash screen logo

v0.9.0

Added

• Game Genie cheat patch support
      • Updated UI
      • Added Remove Console ID patch
      • Added Licenses backup to .Zip (/dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/exdata/)
      • Added bulk save-game copy to USB
      • Added Trophies backup to USB
      • Added owner.txt support to override auto-detected settings
      • Improved auto-update check/download
      Fixed

• Solved issue when copying save-games from HDD to USB
      • Solved freeze bug when using Clear local cache
      • UI: Fixed improper titles and messages

v0.6.5

Added
      • Export save-game to .Zip file
      • Copy save-game to USB
      • New Settings option to clear local cache
      • New Settings option to update application data

Fixed
      • Fixed patch when removing Account ID
      • Use internal PS3 fonts to fix issues with extended characters

v0.5.1

Hot fix release.

Fixed

• Fix unzip issue when unpacking online save files

v0.5.0

First public release.
      Added

• Save file listing (+ details)
      • Save file SFO unlocking (remove lock flag)
      • Save file PFD resigning
      • Save file download from Online Database
      • Automatic detection of PSID/Account-ID settings

• Using the application is simple and straight-forward:
      • Move UP/DOWN to select the save-game file you want to patch, and press :but x: . The patch screen will show the available fixes for the file. Select the patches and click Apply.
      • To see the item's details, press :but tri: . It will open the context menu on the screen. Press :but cir: to return to the list.
      • To reload the list, press :but square: .
      • Press left (L1/L2) or right trigger buttons (R1/R2) to move pages up or down.

• No special setup is needed. Just download the latest apollo-ps3.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 3. On first run, the application will detect and setup the required user settings.

• screenshot_main.png screenshot_patches.png screenshot_savelist.png screenshot_settings.png screenshot_about.png screenshot_details.png

• Credits

See the full project's README for more information: https://apollo.psdev.tk/
    feel free to share you comments and ideas! :cool2:

Download link: https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/latest
    As usual, full source code is available on GitHub :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ashura
      ashura
      sure bucanero i am applying 2 cheats which those are having all combo cards and max zombie kill rate, and then actually the only one that worked was the one of combo cards, jeje the other one seems not to be working jeje
      bucanero likes this.
    2. JAPANBOY
      JAPANBOY
      Please be corresponding
      The Last of us BCJS-37010
      Skyrim BLJM-60413

I want God mode‼︎
    3. antonioto
      antonioto
      I select a Not Owner save file and choose Apply changes & Resign, then I got: Error! Save file couln't be resigned
      What can I do now? I use Apollo v1.0.0 and CFW is 4.85 Rebug Lite
    4. Nano1993
      Nano1993
      first good job for this tool
      but i need help i downloaded save data for AC4 black flag with max money, how i resign to ps3 to work with my game?
      Thanks.

i downloaded the pkg but it's black screen ?
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
    5. bucanero
      bucanero
      probably the App doesn't have the required secure_id key for that game. (without the key, apollo can't resign the files)

which game /title_id are you trying to resign? you can check on NP0APOLLO/USRDIR/DATA/games.conf if the game is listed there and a key is available.

For example: FIFA 19 is not listed in the config file, so Apollo doesn't have the secure_id key for that game and can't resign it.
      You can acquire the secure Id keys in many ways (bruteforce using pfdtools, CFW, HEN, etc). In HEN you can enable the "secure id" logging, and once you load/save you'll get the key in a log file.
      Algol likes this.
    6. bucanero
      bucanero
      well if you can't run the app then you won't be able to resign any save.

As an alternative, you can try downloading Bruteforce Save Data and resign that save on your computer, then transfer it back to your ps3.
    7. bucanero
      bucanero
      Well, finally I had some time to check and in fact, there was a bug in the custom CRC calculation in Apollo. I've fixed it and now it generates the exact same results as Bruteforce data.

I don't own the game so I couldn't test it further, but I was able to resign it on my USB and transfer the save-game to my ps3 HDD without issues. (The save-file is resigned properly and the ps3 doesn't flag it as corrupt data)

regarding the cheats, I honestly have no idea if everything should work or not, maybe you can ask on the Bruteforce data forums.
      sandungas, Algol and ashura like this.
    8. Nano1993
      Nano1993
      so i updated my ps3 system and apollo works, i downloaded save data i assign and apply it from usb and it says succeful, then i transfter it to hdd but it doasn't appear in tha game?
      can you please tell me the steps i may missed something.
    9. ashura
      ashura
      jeje thanks bucanero jeje no worries actually i tried another game which was binary doaim, this is an excellent game a few know that game however it did have very good cheats that actually only worked with the savegame cheats method not thru artemis jeje i really apreciate it and i will look foward for the next update that will come jeje in order to see which other games can i use in order to have better cheats on my savedata included jeje
      bucanero likes this.
    10. bucanero
      bucanero
      I forgot to mention, but since v0.9.0 you can use an "owner.txt" file to force the app to resign saves with a different console id, account id, user id.
      The owner.txt is a text file with 3 lines, for example:

Code:
      0011223344556677 8899AABBCCDDEEFF
      AABBCCDDEEFF7788

line 1 = PS ID (console id)
      line 2 = Account ID
      line 3 = user id

Just place the "owner.txt" file in:
      /dev_hdd0/game/NP0APOLLO/USRDIR/

... and Apollo will use that information instead of the detected information.

Probably useful if you need to resign files for another console (e.g. a regular PS3 with OFW)
      sandungas, Algol and DeViL303 like this.
    11. bucanero
      bucanero
      I've released Apollo v1.0.2

besides some bug fixing and UI cosmetics, I've removed the prior restriction and now you can resign/patch/cheat save-games both on USB and HDD.

Note that if you remove the copy-lock protection on a HDD save, the XMB won't see the change (it's cached on the database)
      At least until I test some alternatives to update the cached info, I suggest to:
      1. copy the locked save-game to USB
      2. remove the copy-lock on the USB copy
    12. bucanero
      bucanero
      maybe the save you downloaded is for a different region, then your game won't see the save-game even if it's resigned.

e.g., you have a save for BLUSxxxxx and the game you have is BLESxxxxx
      Algol likes this.
    13. ashura
      ashura
      thank you very much bucanero for the new version of apollo this one is really good becuase right now it was fixed the bug of applying the cheats on hdd saves, thanks bucanero
      bucanero likes this.
    14. Ranma
      Ranma
      Hello,I have Ps3 superslim Hen.If I have different saves of the same game in different Ps3 profiles,how can resign or add cheat codes only to a specific one?For example,I have a Gt6 save on "my" profile and another Gt6 save on "backup" profile,and I want resign the save on "my".How can recognise "my" on Apollo Save Tool v1.0.0?
      Thanks.
    15. sandungas
      sandungas
      Just an idea... next thing you could do related with this is to add a new option in apollo for "Target Profile Manager" with the purpose of viewing/creating/deleting/editing that "owner.txt" files
      This would allow to use multiple profiles, so i guess would be needed to indicate the "active profile" at all times inside apollo (to prevent user confusion)
      bucanero likes this.
    16. bucanero
      bucanero
      if you have more than 1 user on your PS3, just open Apollo from the desired user account, then the app will access the save-games from that user.

So, steps:
      1. login to the ps3 with the right user
      2. open Apollo
      3. (optional) check on the About screen, you should see the right User ID there
      4. go to HDD saves
      5. resign/cheat/patch the save you want
      As usual, my suggestion is to make a copy of the save-game before trying cheats or patches.
      Algol likes this.
    17. bucanero
      bucanero
      at least a first "quick" step would be to add a "Profile selector" in the settings menu. Even without the view/create/edit/delete , just scanning for owner.txt files and listing them to select the desired one would be quite useful.

Again, the app can have a lot of improvements but I'm not sure which one is the most useful (or high priority) right now.
      Algol likes this.
    18. JAPANBOY
      JAPANBOY
      Skyrim BLJM-60413
      I want God mode‼︎
    19. sandungas
      sandungas
      In the way i was thinking about it would be displaying 2 lines of info
      -Actual profile = Is the profile used to boot apollo
      -Target profile = It could be any profile

The simple mode is when both profiles matches
      Another mode is when the target profile is a different account in the PS3
      And the most tricky (and restrictive) mode is if the target profile doest exists in the PS3

Dunno, personally i think something like that would be more intuitive for me, but maybe could be a bit confusing for others
      And im not sure how to show that info about profiles to the user in the best way, initially i thought in displaying that info at all times (in most/all apollo screens)

-----------
      Btw, about useful and more popular features, i think it would be handy to have a "bulk" importing
      The goal would be to use it to restore savegames after formatting or replacing the hdd
      You know, that official (and unnofficial too) backup and restore procedures are very problematic, and having a tool that automates them would be something very useful
      Algol likes this.
    20. bucanero
      bucanero
      at least for the moment, all the ID information is shown on the About screen, under the "console details" panel.
      I'd say that resigning for different target IDs is an advanced-user thing and if they are using it, I assume they won't need to see the info in every screen.

The basic-user shouldn't need any special targeting, the automatic setting detection is enough in that case.

A bulk resigning/unlocking should be easy to implement. I'll keep it in mind for the next release.
      To copy the files to the HDD, I still need to figure out a nice way to "update the db" so the saves show up on the XMB. ( I know it can be just copied and then run a db-rebuild, but I'd prefer to avoid that)
      sandungas and Algol like this.