PS VITA / PS TV (UPDATE) Firmware Reinstaller - Need to Re-Install a Fresh Copy of 3.60 Firmware Easily?

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by atreyu187, May 6, 2017.

By atreyu187 on May 6, 2017 at 6:59 PM
  1. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Need to re-install firmware 3.60 (HENkaku exploitable fw) with a fresh clean copy on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV devices? If so this utility developer @SilicaAndPina created in collaboration with @CelesteBlue will make the task much easier. . Want to revert some of your modifications or recover from some corrupted files, this utility may be very useful and as an added bonus there an extra feature you can read more about in the release notes.

-STLcardsWS​

Firmware-Reinstall.png
    • This is an app ( @SilicaAndPina created (in collaboration with @CelesteBlue ) that allows you to very easily Re-Install firmware 3.60

Useful if your firmware gets corrupted. or if you modified it in some way. (like CEX TO REX for example) and want to get the original files back the easiest and most effective way to do this is to Reinstall the firmware
      (Update from 3.60 to 3.60) and thats exactly what this app does!

UPDATE

You must spoof your firmware to be under 3.60 to avoid the app to error out. With spoof above 3.60 you will get a C-3 error and no spoof will get a C-2 error. I tested and got it working spoofing my system to 3.50 first then it worked the first time.

Also as an extra feature. if you run this once you can then reinstall your firmware from safe mode by doing "Update Via PSVita Card" useful if you ever brick your vita but still have access to safemode

Download: github.com/SilicaAndPina
    Mirror 1 - Mediafire
    Mirror 2 - MEGA

Last edited: May 14, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by atreyu187, May 6, 2017.

1. Dirt Weed
      Dirt Weed
      Nice I can use this. I have installed vitaRW and cannot remove it. Thanks!
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Works great if using the same devs CEX2REX as that gave me so many issues on my kids PSTV. The safe mode fail safe alone makes this worth installation. This and his frontend yifan Lu's psvimgtools are pretty useful. Grab it ASAP as I am sure it will be pulled from Github as it contains PSV FW 3.60 PUP inside.
      Last edited: May 7, 2017
      CelesteBlue likes this.
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Has anyone had any luck using this? I know @CelesteBlue has but I get a C-3 error when spoof is enabled and a C-2 error with no spoof. @SilicaAndPina suggested spoofing lower then 3.60 and try but haven't had the time to do so. He is looking for feedback on this as he doesn't have a 3.60 system anymore and has been focused on 3.63+ hacks. I only tried on my OLED Vita though. But any feedback would be welcomed by him, me and the community. Gonna see if I can try to spoof under 3.60 and my 3 VitaTV/PSTV's tonight if I can find the time.
      CelesteBlue likes this.
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      UPDATE!!
      I got the app to work as intended by spoofing the system to firmware 3.50 to avoid the C-2 error without a spoof and the C-3 error spoofing above 3.60.
      CelesteBlue and DeViL303 like this.
    5. CelesteBlue
      CelesteBlue
      good job, when I did the video I was making some tests being with 3.01 spoof, but the day after, after some bad returns, I made some tests and saw as you.
      I was planning to fix it in the 1.0 version, but I had to find how to do.
      I found, but no time yet as I work on many other projects with different devs.
      So wait v1.0 or spoof to <3.60 with HENkaku settings.
      kozarovv likes this.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Pretty sure the issue can be found in Firmware Reinstaller's eboot.bin have 0x80 offset set to 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 2F at least that was the only issue I could see tearing it apart but I am a super n00b at anything code related. So don't hold me to this.
      CelesteBlue likes this.
    7. CelesteBlue
      CelesteBlue
      that's Lua Player Plus eboot.bin compiled by Rinnegatamante.
      atreyu187 likes this.
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Gotcha bud, I only took a quick note on my cell a while back. My PC is down ATM getting a Fresh coat of thermalthermal Fresh coat of thermal paste and a new PSU so I can't really go looking to deep ATM.
      CelesteBlue likes this.
    9. CelesteBlue
      CelesteBlue
      ok good luck.
      atreyu187 likes this.