Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Update from HAN to HEN

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by ElectricFighter, Jul 1, 2019.

1. 2
    ElectricFighter

ElectricFighter Forum Noob

Hi everyone, longtime HAN user here but first time poster. It's been a while now since HEN came out and it has been polished of the first little bugs, so I have a few questions before upgrading.

1) I understood I need to update to 4.84HFW first, do I have to do anything like uninstalling current HEN packages? And do I need to update to 4.84OFW first or can I just directly update with HFW?

2) When HEN first came out there were problems with legit PSN content being broken. Is that fixed now?

3) Do I have to sign pkgs like I did with HAN to load them with HEN?

4) Since HEN and HFW seem to do more radical changes to the system (at least from my understanding) I'm also worried about protecting myself from a possible PSN ban. I've seen that with webMAN-MOD one can spoof the console IDPS, that should cover me from at least a console ban. Is it wise to spoof the IDPS without any ban on the console? Do I need to take other measures to minimize the risk of getting banned?

2. 5,702
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    1- All HAN content still works with HEN. It is suggested to install HFW twice but that is pretty much for those using it to install CFW but it can't hurt.

2-All legit content is fine nothing is broken and hasn't been since 2.0 was released.

3- Resigned content works but it isn't needed as long as you use the rap files to unlock the content. There are something's you need to resign like PS3XPad plugin but 98% of the stuff works out of the box. For the rate things that do not you need to use scetool or E.S.S.S.E to resign to 3.55 keys.

4- No ones gotten banned yet but that isn't to say it will not happen. You can host HAN locally so your resigned content can work just like HAN so if you are comfortable with that. It doesn't have the syscalls HEN has. Or you can use PSN Patch to disable syscalls for extra protection. It's not known if it works as well as it does with CFW but KW's stealth extensions are applied to HEN. You must use ISO files for PS3 games to get this protection levels.

As for IDPS you can use an alternative one right away but still won't help if your main account gets banned. This makes you lose the account across PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. So if you value the account and trophies it's suggested using an alternate account. But if you do get banned on PS3 you can just reactivate the content. Won't have online but you don't lose anything except PSN log in ability.

3. 2
    ElectricFighter

ElectricFighter Forum Noob

Thank you very much for the answers. As for number 4 and IDPS. I'm already using an alternative account, didn't want to risk the main one. Does disabling the syscalls affect HEN functionalities? I didn't dig much in the scene since I have a superslim model, at least until HAN, so I don't really know what's the purpose of CFW syscalls.

Tags: