PS4 Update Game Without PSN?

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by LuanTeles, Oct 21, 2019.

1. 977
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Senior Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Hey guys

As fair as i know, we can't update a game without signing in, unlike the ps3 but..

I'm on 5.05 and a strange thing happened today, i was playing Naruto Storm 4 as usual so i put the console in the rest mode, and returned today, and the system promped a screen THE UPDATE 1.05 FOR THIS APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE AND DOWNLOADED , DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL NOW? (something like that)

but how it downloaded it? o_O

I hit no, because i thought my system has been updated

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. 12,153
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

hmm...I could've sworn that I was able to download updates by only blocking psn servers, but I'm probably wrong. that was before I got a sandisk connect, which I highly recommend. you just need it to install the offline cache. maybe uncheck the "connect to the internet" checkbox in system settings if you're not using one. the connect won't make a connection with that enabled either, but it won't matter. there's some ambiguity about "download software updates" or whatever it says (download and install?). even with that disabled, it may still download them for some reason.

3. 12,153
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

@LuanTeles , check this page out: https://orbismodding.com/

I think that's the same site I'm thinking of. they're official packages, not fake signed, but if you have the legit game on your system, you may be able to download the update, then fake sign it. afaik, pkg installer can install legit pkgs too, but you need the license to decrypt it. I think that site also has the latest updates and which firmware they require. you just need the title id. for some reason, I don't think you can search by game name like you could before. anyway, that would be a way to install update pkgs without psn.