PS3 [Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN Support

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 28, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 28, 2019 at 11:14 AM
  1. 8,931
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

UPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added

Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.

Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.

(A Quick demonstration of multiMAN)

• multiMAN_4.81_CFW_deank.jpg

New in multiMAN v04.85.00:
      • Added Support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85
      • Update 04.85.01 - Official PS3HEN Support Added (Signed files for PS3HEN )
        • Support multiMAN @: paypal.me/webplugins
        • See more info @ multiman.deanbg.com

@aldostools mentions deank also provided recently:

• via deank

Download 04.85.01:

Source: multiMAN online Update
    (thanks to @Zwei & @xiaoyang for the alert)

Support MultiMAN @: paypal.me/webplugins
    See more info @ multiman.deanbg.com

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 28, 2019.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Johnnie, Algol and T.A.U like this.
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I'm curious if he resigned the needed file for HEN support as well. If not it's a simple fix but hope he did as it makes it compatible with both CFW & HEN. Thanks for the update about the update.
      T.A.U, Louis Garry and Filipe Santos like this.
    3. algua
      algua
      deank, thank you! please update your vanilla webman, please!
    4. Casavult
    5. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      multiMAN is back compatible all the way to 3.41. so should be okay (assuming) in that regard
      T.A.U and Algol like this.
    6. Filipe Santos
      Filipe Santos
      Regarding Hen users are you guys recommending using managunz instead of multiman because managunz has a special hen mode?
      I think it should be ok as long multiman wont softbrick hen systems due to its cfw options.
      Will look into managunz.
      Thanks for the update!
    7. slai50
      slai50
      I installed Multiman 4.85 base and Webman mod 4.85 and tried it with a jailbroken PS3 with CFW 4.85 Overflow(standard cex) before the link was taken down and am having some issues. I ripped two images from my original discs(killzone 2 and Call of Duty: World at War) into my internal HDD using the multiman copy function. But when I try to play the games the images do not show up when it boots to the XMB game section. Furthermore, I cannot boot into Webman, it keeps on kicking me back out to the XMB. Any suggestions? Should I try different CFW such as 4.85 SPY COBRA 8.01 or REBUG 4.84?
      jeka26 likes this.
    8. Md Hesam
      Md Hesam
      Can I use this multiMAN v04.85.00 on my ps3 hfw 4.84.2 hen 2.3.1?
    9. Sakurakun5
      Sakurakun5
      Install Rebug
    10. Louay
      Louay
      Yes it say added support for 4.84 CEX/DEX meaning it work and down to 3.41
    11. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Yes, Not sure what is working and what is not working with PS3HEN..
      Basic features should work fine but other features designed for CFW use may not work.
      Use at your risk.

Standard CEX
      ------------------------------
      have mamba activated? if not you can not use a plugin on standard CEX out of the gate like a cobra cfw

Using JB (folder format) games? there can be compatability with some games in folder formats. Best compatability is in ISO format. MAMBA is needed on standard cex or a cobra cfw.

You can install SPY Cobra or you can if Q/A toggled downgrade to rebug 4.84

• multiMAN development has been around CFW
      • 4.85.00 has not made any suggestions about PS3HEN.
      • .ManaGunZ has been updated with a PS3HEN mode. (So far only manager to do so.)
      T.A.U, Algol and Filipe Santos like this.
    12. atreyu187
      atreyu187

NTFS support was broken for HEN till Joonie fixed it. As HEN can't use the 4.21+ keys. Just one file had to be resigned.
      T.A.U and Algol like this.
    13. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      That is normal. webMAN installer just runs and brings you back to the XMB, its an installer for the plugin that runs in the background, its not an application like Multiman.
      T.A.U and STLcardsWS like this.
    14. sbp
      sbp
      Let's hope Deank clarifies regarding HEN and its functionality feature wise, or at least put some checks in in order to prevent soft brick.

Maybe now that ps3 is nearing end of life deank will publish latest source code for Mm, mmcm, sman, etc... For others to create great homebrew as well. Even though users are owed nothing deank has always shined with skill.
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    15. vservis
      vservis
      AND NOW LADIES AND GE........
      all is need is "LOVE" excuse me "REBUG 4.85"
    16. Filipe Santos
      Filipe Santos
      spycobra does the job really well and i wouldnt count on a new rebug that fast specially after sony just released a new update a month ago.

Consider donating some money to the developer of multiman to keep it alive and kicking specially after what he mentioned.
      Louis Garry likes this.
    17. Louis Garry
      Louis Garry
      I think not, enter mm, wait a minute, exit mm, webMAN MOD disappears.
    18. CFW-Us3r
      CFW-Us3r
      This does not seem to detect 4.84 DEX correctly. To be honest, the only change I see is the message asking people to donate.
    19. Filipe Santos
      Filipe Santos
      thanks for that info.
      have you tried multiman 4.84 hen edition to see if that happens?
      if not maybe it's better to use that one until the developer releases a hen edition.