PS3 [Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN Support

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 28, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 28, 2019 at 11:14 AM
  1. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

UPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added

Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.

Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.

(A Quick demonstration of multiMAN)

• multiMAN_4.81_CFW_deank.jpg

New in multiMAN v04.85.00:
      • Added Support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85
      • Update 04.85.01 - Official PS3HEN Support Added (Signed files for PS3HEN )
        • Support multiMAN @: paypal.me/webplugins
        • See more info @ multiman.deanbg.com

@aldostools mentions deank also provided recently:

• via deank

Download 04.85.01:

Source: multiMAN online Update
    (thanks to @Zwei & @xiaoyang for the alert)

Support MultiMAN @: paypal.me/webplugins
    See more info @ multiman.deanbg.com

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Comments

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 28, 2019.

1. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      If someone reports an imporper function or a bug it is not a "complain" it does help to get better performance and compatibility with different models of consoles.
      If it works for you, good, congratulations.
      Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
      Louis Garry likes this.
    2. Filipe Santos
      Filipe Santos
      Thanks man!
      Appreciated!
    3. habib
      habib
      That’s because the multiman dev didn’t look at the recent progress of hen. Just use multiman resigned by joonie.
    4. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      Ill try uninstalling it, resigning it and installing it again
    5. habib
      habib
      Just use the one from joonie. There’s nothing new in this revision anyways for hen
      liquidgykill likes this.
    6. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      ok thanks
    7. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      You were absolutely right, I rolled back to "Unofficial_multiMAN_04.84.00_BASE_(20190528)_[PS3HEN]_fix"
      and IT DID WORK!.
      So there IS something that didnt worked for me with the last official release (im in a ps3 super slim CECH-4201C). I hope it gets fixed but the 4.84 from joonie does works just right.
      Thanks again!
    8. deank
      deank
      Hopefully it is now fixed in 4.85.01 - I just had no time to add the change in the previous update. Let me know if the problem is resolved.

Also Showtime/Movian for MM is updated to 5.0.612 and supports its own upgrade repo so it won't interfere with the 'official' version of Movian.
      remlei, STLcardsWS, T.A.U and 6 others like this.
    9. xiaoyang
      xiaoyang
      I look forward to your release of the multiMAN 4.85.01 repair version.
    10. aldostools
      aldostools
      STLcardsWS and T.A.U like this.
    11. xiaoyang
      xiaoyang
    12. xiaoyang
      xiaoyang
    13. aldostools
      aldostools
      This...
      Algol likes this.
    14. CFW-Us3r
      CFW-Us3r
      Any news as to whether it detects 4.84 DEX correctly now?
    15. habib
      habib
      Ntfs iso.
      The sprx is now resigned to support hen
      T.A.U and Louis Garry like this.
    16. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      I will try it, thanks

Edit: didnt work, I have this message:

ISO TYPE: 32
      ISO PATH(I):[/dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/Gran Turismo 5 XL.iso.ntfs[PS3ISO]]
      ISO PATH(O):[/dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/Gran Turismo 5 XL.iso]
      ISO SEGS: 1

ERROR: 80010002 (EINVAL)

Im in a ps3 super slim CECH-4201C with the last hfw and the last hen, this message appears with all my iso games on a usb hdd, also didnt work with a pendrive.

Nonetheless I apreciate your work on this.
      Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    17. habib
      habib
      Well then... unofficial mm it is
    18. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      I revert to the last unnoficial, that does still works for me at least.
      T.A.U and habib like this.
    19. habib
      habib
      @deank the sprx should be 3.55 signed properly e.g with scetool and proper ecdsa keyset.
    20. Ravenscrag
      Ravenscrag
      If I set TV Overscan , do I will have to set it each time I boot my PS3?

manoverscan.jpg