PS3 (Update) PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.85.1 - PS3Xploit HAN & Flash Tools Restored for 4.85 OFW users

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Joonie, Mar 21, 2019.

By Joonie on Mar 21, 2019 at 6:34 PM
  1. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

UPDATE2 (April 27 2019) nonCFW PS3 MODELS There is now a PS3 HEN that enables HOMEBREW !!!!!!!! >> See Link

The new HEN requires this 4.84 Hybrid Firmware (HFW).
    4.85 has been released here by @Joonie: link

UPDATE1: PS3Xploit 4.84 HFW Flash Writer + IDPS/Flash Dumpers Updated v2.0.1 - (Now install CFW from 4.84) See HERE for details

Huge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.

So, what does all this mean? Now it will be just like it was back in 4.82 before PS3Xploit was "patched"(some ps3xploit tools need updated still) you will be able to install a CFW (on a CFW compatible model) and for those unfortunate user's that does not have a CFW Compatible model (i.e. SuperSlim/late slims) you have will have access to the HAN exploit . So for new user's or ones that updated, here is your second chances thanks to the efforts of the members of PS3Xploit Team and to @Joonie (waved magic wand on files) and prepared this magically release, @habib (for valuable input on this project) and @esc0rtd3w (work in porting ps3xploit tools to 4.84)

It has been an exciting month here at psx-place with so much progress on all fronts of the PS3 . the fuel of this project actually comes from a user simply igniting a spark with an idea as @Doge_Rules did with this thread truly making it a community effort. Updated - to version 4.84.2 (see details below)

-STLcardsWS

HFW_Joonie_ps3Xploit.jpg
    (Note: NOT ALL PS3Xploit tools are updated currently, Ps3Xploit team is currently working on updating those tools. Stay tuned.)

• 4.84.2 HFW (Hybrid Firmware)
      Restores PS3Xploit Flasher/Tools & PS3Xploit HAN for 4.84 OFW user's

Today, we proudly present the very first modified OFW that can be installed on all PS3 models. (NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FULL BLOWN CFW, HOWEVER IT Allows you to run the patched webkit exploit that's ported to 4.84)

Yes, you didn't hear wrong, it can be installed over

• ALL OFW versions on ALL PS3 models
        • ex) OFW 4.83, 4.84 , CECH-3XXX, CECH-4XXX and etc..

We wanted this to be called "HHHFW" since it was Hybrid, Hack-able, HAN ready also inspired by @habib but let's call it HFW since this is Hybrid FW (Well you can call this MFW).

The idea was reminded by some guy who didn't want to be annoying but actually ended up being helpful: @ psx-place.com

Habib had this idea long time ago but the previous attempt was not successful due to lack of interest and preparation.

As you all know, I recently started messing with my PS3 again and this idea was brought back.

So then I went ahead and tried his magical idea.... after a few hours later... Boom!!, now we have HFW that works on all PS3 models (including 3K and 4K) that allows the previously patched exploit by using old webkit from 4.50 that's been used until 4.83. This method is rather hacky than technical, so I would like to leave this method under the radar for now until it gets patched out (this can easily be patched).

What can you do with this HFW 4.84.1/2?
      1. You can use PSN since the FW is the latest.
      2. You can downgrade/Install CFW on your PS3 if your model is downgrade-able/hack-able (excluding CECH-3K and 4K)
      (The same capability as what you had for 4.82 OFW)
      3. You can use HAN and all the tools that worked up to 4.82 with this FW.
      4. You can always go back to the real OFW 4.84 if you wish.​

To all scener's and developers
      • Please update the HAN toolbox or any xml that can support 4.84 if anyone's available.

[​IMG]

UPDATE 3-22-2019 - 4.84.2 Released
      HFW 4.84.2_PS3UPDAT.PUP
      • Bugfix : Fixed the installation issue with regions that use following languages
        English (UK), Turkish (Turkey), and Portugal (Brazil) , Thanks to @citra mulia to report the bug :)
      • upload_2019-3-22_0-1-23.png

• 4.84_icon.jpg
      System Update displaying 4.84.1 HFW
      c3LQ54O.png

PS3Xploit Tools running on 4.84 HFW
      upload_2019-3-21_9-15-20.png
      upload_2019-3-20_22-7-55.png

• DO NOT UPDATE WHEN A NEW OFW FIRMWARE UPDATE IS RELEASED!!!

-STLcardsWS

• Here is a video tutorial by @MrMario2011

Download link (MEGA) : HFW_4.84.2_PS3UPDAT.PUP

MD5 :4247362b54fadd2e4d7c09007f720803
    UPDATE: v4.85.1 has been released

UPDATE (3-24-19): PS3Xploit 4.84 HFW Flash Writer + IDPS/Flash Dumpers Updated v2.0.1 - (Now install CFW from 4.84) See HERE for details

Additional Download/Resources

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019
    Louis Garry, ed89, Kazama and 83 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Joonie, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Sumikachan
      Sumikachan
      Sorry, I forgot to mention that I accidentally updated the console to 4.83 when I had the CFW, but thanks for the reply, that helped a lot.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    2. ersatz
      ersatz
      Hello everyone!
      Just wanted to ask for some help regarding my PS3 situation.
      I own a PS3 CECH4204C model which was updated to version 4.83 before attempting to use HAN.
      I am not a n00b regarding PS3 hacking (doing it since the days of 3.55 FW and earliest tools), and wanted to enable HAN on it. I've downloaded 4.84 original FW.PUP from Sony servers and upgraded from 4.83, then I've installed the modified 4.84.2 HFW file from here and installed it twice just to be sure.
      After that I have put the files for HAN installation from ps3xploit.com, which went by perfectly ( it worked because now I had a new category to install pkg files on my XMB), than I dumped my ACT/IDPS from 2nd try successfully, and final I have tried enabling HAN to install the toolbox.
      And still I am stuck at this step - whatever and however I do it, it always says exploit initialisation failed (I have put the page as my homepage, I have tried clearing everything after each try, restarted ps3 after each try just to be safe) and it always fails.
      So if someone had a stubborn HAN enabler problem as me - can you please give some pointers or other suggestions?

Thank you in advance :)
    3. jolek
      jolek
      I forgot about that, because previously someone was getting error:
      The data is corrupted (8002F169), when want to install lower FW:
      https://www.psx-place.com/threads/new-member.23231/page-3#post-168345.
    4. jamesbond
      jamesbond
      Sorry for the noob question, however still no PS3 Homebrew games (PKG) Install for 4K Models?
    5. NotOnlyEyes
      NotOnlyEyes
      https://www.psx-place.com/threads/operations-ps3xploit-han-offline-for-android.23671/
      sandungas likes this.
    6. Vitor Leão
      Vitor Leão
      Does it have Rsod Bypass? Im stuck with a ps3 on 4.82 OFW with Rsod and i'm waiting for a fix that doesn't need a flasher.
    7. Xinger
      Xinger
      Once on CFW you never need to install OFW or use any xploits ever again. You can just update one CFW to another from the XMB.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting! Could you elaborate?
      I have CFW installed (4.84 rebug Rex)
      What kind of xploits do my cfw eliminate?
    8. Xinger
      Xinger
      This is interesting! Could you elaborate?
      I have CFW installed (4.84 rebug Rex)
      What kind of xploits do my cfw eliminate?[/QUOTE]
    9. Xinger
      Xinger
      [/QUOTE
      @umart666 just brought me up to speed on this, sorry, Im a noob to most of this stuff...
    10. in1975
      in1975
      If anyone is interested, our team understood how to rebuild OFW, how to make HFW, and also make MFW (similar to HFW, only assembled according to the method for the original OFW)
    11. zaheer7890
      zaheer7890
      i followed everything rightly. but getting this error.

HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper

File dumping failed!!
      Error dumping file(s):
      /Dev_usb001/act.dat
      /Dev_usb001/idps.hex

1) i tried changing port.
      2) used different pen drives.
      3) tried exploit web page and also mini web server.
      4.) Tried dummy account for activation.

Dont know why but my USB ROOT PATH shows three options usb000 , usb 001 and also usb 006.
    12. equilibrium3663
      equilibrium3663
      Hi all,

I want to thank the community involved in making this exploit possible and breathing new life to my aging PS3.

I have a Super Slim CECH-4004. I had OFW 4.82 and HAN Toolbox 0.5 installed. It worked for a while until Sony patched the exploit, I did not update my firmware as recommended by this forum.

I came back to the forum recently and found the new exploit HFW 4.84.2 which I have downloaded and installed via the XMB menu. The update installed but the firmware version shows 4.84 and I don't think the HFW installed correctly. I have tried to install it via the Recovery menu multiple times but it seems to fail as it installs to a random % and then says it's complete and boots up the PS3.

Once that's done I try to install HAN 0.7 but it refuses to install via the browser using a USB on the far right port with the HAN support files on the USB.

Is the issue with HAN or the Firmware?
    13. equilibrium3663
      equilibrium3663
      It says HAN is installed but it won't Enable
      IMG_20190417_111434.jpg
      IMG_20190417_111449.jpg
      I have rebooted multiple times
    14. lmn7
      lmn7
      What do you mean by "it won't enable"? If you have package manager on the XMB, it means HAN was installed. HAN Toolbox is a separate XMB extension and is not included with HAN by default.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    15. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      This is normal. you will not see any difference on the XMB. It will just say "4.84" like OFW.
      This is normal too, the progress bar will seem like it skips to the end, don't worry about it. As long as it completes its fine.
      You do not install HAN Toolbox 0.7 via the web browser, you install that with package manager which should be on your XMB now if you have installed the HAN Support files?
      What you need to do is remove HAN Toolbox 0.5, do this in game data utility and then reboot, this will not work on 4.84 HFW. So dont bother with any of the options inside it.

Once you are on 4.84 HFW and have installed the HAN support files, then you need to enable HAN with the web browser by going to this address http://ps3xploit.com/hfw/han/han_enabler.html , set that as homepage, then close and open the browser, then enable HAN on the webpage. Once you have HAN enabled, you can install HAN Toolbox 0.7.1 via package manager.

Then you should be sorted.
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
      equilibrium3663 likes this.
    16. equilibrium3663
      equilibrium3663
      Thank you @DeViL303

Removing the old HAN allowed me to install and enable HAN via the browser, then I managed to install HAN Toolbox 0.7.1 through package manager.

You are a Legend!
      DeViL303 likes this.
    17. Vitor Leão
      Vitor Leão
      That would be great. It would open the possibility to fix consoles with Rsod without the need of a flasher. Could you pls make a HFW/MFW with Rsod Bypass or Rebuild one of the CFW to be a direct install?

It would allow me to fix my Ps3 that is stuck with Rsod on 4.82 OFW with Rsod. And i know that there are many people with that problem too.
    18. Tom Johnson
      Tom Johnson
      Yer sorry it just says (no applicable update data was found)
    19. swaggzzjuniour
      swaggzzjuniour
      jolek the error i get when try to install CFW
      ''The data is corrupted"(8002F957)
    20. in1975
      in1975
      RSOD patch 3.55_Rogero_Downgrader_RSOD (for some consoles)