Update: A bug was fixed with the release of v0.91, If using v0.90 it is recommenced to update to this new update
Ps3 Developer @MixeryMaxe has a new update for PS3Lock with the release of version 0.9 that gives this ps3 plugin a new noob friendly pkg installation and also the developer provides support for recently released 4.80 CFW., Also, this update provides support for all ps3 controller slots (1 - 7) and even to the BD Remote. See all the details about PS3Lock v0.9 and how to use this incredible ps3 plugin from the details provided in the tabs found below:
- About: PS3Lock
- Additional Functions
- Perfect Child Protection
- Advance Settings
- PS3Lock Statistics
- Forgot Password
- Info (dev)
- Known Bugs & Test Info.
PS3Lock v0.9 (PS3 Plugin) by MixeryMaxe
PS3Lock is an authentication-system for CFW capable PlayStation 3. A personal password protects your PS3 against unauthorized access or gives you restricted access. XMB Settings, deleting of content files (apps/homebrews, game-data, video, music and pictures) and system update all can be locked.
NEW -- PS3 Lock v0.9
- Added system update block for CFW 4.80 (thx to ermak86)
- Added support for all pad ports (1-7) and BD-Remote (thx to atreyu187 and stefa11)
- Added polish language (thx to darekspy)
- Added installer-pkg
- After installation, at first boot you will be prompted to define a password (min. 2 digits, max. 10 digits).
- To set the password you can use the following buttons:
- -With "" you can cancel the entry and with "" you can save the password.
- After saving, the PS3 is protected by this password and is required after each restart.
- After 3 incorrect entries the PS3 will shut down automatically.
- Authentication is done in the same way as you save it or via an USB device.
- You have to set up this USB device and this device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive)
- on PS3 startup. Don't forget to enable "USB authentication" in the settings menu.
- XMB password protection
- Password request while recur to XMB from apps, games and BD/DVD .
- PS3Lock-settings password protection
- Password request for PS3Lock settings.
- Lock XMB settings
- XMB settings are locked and PS3 contents can NOT be deleted(apps/games, game-data, video, music and pictures).
- In-Game XMB disabled.
- Block system update
- System update is blocked in category "settings" and while try logging into PSN. (This DOESN'T work in recovery mode, game discs not properly tested) ( (EDIT by PSX-Place.com) take note: Latest Rebug CFWs does have a patched recovery to prevent from accidental updates)
- Hide "GAMEZ" folder
- Hide Games in GAMEZ folder.
- PS3Lock Sleep Timer
- Gives you a time-limited access to the PS3.
- The sleep timer can set to 0:30h, 1:00h, 1:30h, 2:00h, 2:30h, 3:00h.
- After 3 warning messages (10, 5, 1min before the preset time), the PS3 will be shutdown.
- Read "parental control" password
- Shows you the "PS3 parental control" password.
Perfect child protection:
- Restricted mode + PS3Lock sleep timer is the perfect child protection.
- The restricted mode gives limited access to the PS3 without a password and through the sleep timer this mode is time-limited.
- After shutdown through the sleep timer the restricted mode is automatically disabled.
- If restricted mode is disabled you get access to the PS3 only with password.
*1 Restricted mode:
- PS3 password protection:
- Enable/Disable password request after every reboot.
- XMB password protection:
- Enable/Disable password request after closing apps/games.
- PS3Lock Sett. PW protection:
- Enable/Disable password request for PS3Lock settings(USB authentication NOT possible).
- USB authentication:
- Enable/Disable USB authentication. This saves the password entry.
- Restricted mode: *1
- Provides restricted access to the PS3 without a password.
- Buzzer -incorrect PW-:
- Enable/Disable PS3 buzzer if the entry is false.
- 1. Incorrect entry = 1 beep
- 2. Incorrect entry = 2 bepp
- 3. Incorrect entry = 3 beep = PS3 shutdown
- Menu sound:
- nable/Disable Menu sound effects.
With this option enabled, you have the possibility to press the button at the password entry and use
the PS3 in restricted mode.
In restricted mode following things are disabled/hidden:
- GAMEZ folder hidden (advanced settings -> hide GAMEZ -> must be set to "auto")
- XMB settings are locked
- System Update Blocked (advanced settings -> block system update -> must be set to your real CFW
*1 Block system update: - You can block the system update, following CFW are supported:
- PS3Lock (sleep) timer:
- Automatically turn off the PS3 after the defined time.
- 0:30h, 1:00h, 1:30h, 2:00h, 2:30h, 3:00h.
- Hide "GAMEZ" folder:
- - disable = always visilbe
- - hidden = always hidden (renamed to GAMEZx)
- - auto = only hidden if "Resticted mode" is active
- Lock XMB settings:
- Lock XMB settings and prevents from deleting PS3 content(apps/games, game-data, video, music und pictures).
- In-Game XMB disabled.
- - disable = full access to PS3 content and settings
- - enable = temporary locked (after restart disabled)
- - permanent = always locked (locked even after restart)
- Block system update: *1
- Prevent system update in XMB and while trying loggin to PSN.
- - disable = system update is possible
- - enable = temporarily blocked (after restart disabled)
- - permanent = always blocked (even after restart)
- PS3Lock start delay: *2
- PS3Lock start delay after system start (in seconds).
- Language: *3
- Set your language for PS3Lock.
- Set new password:
- Here you can set a new password (min 2 digits, max 10 digits).
- !! CAUTION !! If you use the "USB authentication", you have to set up again the USB device.
In order to block the system update, i use the modified files from XMB Lock from ermak86. Thank you mate NOTHING is changed in dev_flash so this CAN'T cause a brick by incorrect use! If you setup your CFW (the real, NOT the spoofed version) and the option is enabled then PS3Lock redirect the original file "/dev_flash/vsh/module/software_update_plugin.sprx" to "/dev_hdd0/Plugins/PS3Lock/Block_Update/software_update.block_XXX" (XXX your CFW). NOTHING touched in dev_flash!
This option is auto-enabled in "Restricted mode" or you can manually enable/disable in advanced settings.
You can also set the update block to "permanent", then the update block is auto-enabled after each restart
(independent from restricted mode).
Thanks at aldostools for the hint with "sys_map_path()"
- Open the PS3Lock settings -> Advanced settings
- Go to "Block system update"
- Setup your CFW and push SQUARE
*2 PS3Lock start delay:
- For CFWs without epilepsy warning i recommend 0-3 sec, for CFWs with epilepsy warning 6-9 sec. If the menu seems to "frozen" after first password entry then try to open the settings menu (R3+O), if you see the settings menu then try to increase delay time and push L2+R2+L3 for restart.
*3 PS3Lock languages (ps3l_lang.db):
- Since version 0.6 the languages are in an extern file. This language file (ps3l_lang.db) can be edit with normal text editor (i use Notepad++). Don't add or remove the lines! Just edit! There are 12 languages (number 11 and 12 are placeholder for new languages). PS3Lock has a language update function
- Copy "ps3l_lang.db" on any USB device in fat32 format (X:/ps3l_lang.db)
- This USB device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive)
- Open the PS3Lock settings -> Advanced settings (L1)
- Go to "Language" and push SQUARE
In settings screen you can look at the PS3Lock statistics.
There are following infos:
In the statistics screen you have also following options:
- PS3/PS3Lock starts:
- How often the PS3 was launched (with PS3Lock).
- Correct password:
- How often the correct password has been entered.
- Incorrect password:
- How often the incorrect password has been entered.
- USB authentication:
- How often performed an USB authentication.
- Shutdown through PS3Lock:
- How often the PS3 was shutdown by PS3Lock.
- " + " Reset the PS3Lock config file
- " + " Reset all statistics
! Hidden option !
- " + " Show password "Parental Control"
Since version 0.9 there is an easy installer pkg with UI. Thanks aldostools(webMAN updater) and Hermes(TINY3D sample @PSL1GHT).
- Copy "PS3Lock_0.9_Installer_Updater.pkg" on any USB device in fat32 format and install via Install Package Files.
- Start the Installer/Updater and follow the instructions on screen.
If you update this plugin it's recommended to delete "ps3lock_cfg.bin" before restart.
1.(Plugin installation on Cobra CFW)
- - Copy the content from "~hdd0" to "/dev_hdd0".
- - Copy the boot_plugins.txt to "/dev_hdd0"
- - If boot_plugins.txt already exist on /dev_hdd0 then add the following line:
- - Reboot the PS3.
- - Create the flag file "ps3.lock" on any USB device in fat32 format (X:/ps3.lock)
- - This USB device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive)
- - Open the PS3Lock settings
- - Go to "USB authentication" and push SQUARE
- - PS3Lock can also load a background pic from "/dev_hdd0/plugins/PS3Lock/PS3Lock_BG.png" (720x464).
Q: Forgot password, what can i do?1. PS3Lock fail-safe button combo + flag file on USB device.
A: There are several ways to reset the password:
2. With a correctly set up USB device AND "USB authentication" enabled in the settings.
- - Create the flag file "ps3lock.reset" on any USB device in fat32 format (X:/ps3lock.reset).
- - This USB device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive).
- - Start the PS3 and hit "R3 +  + O" on startup.
- - PS3Lock delete Config and the flag file "/dev_usb000/ps3lock.reset" from USB device.
- - PS3Lock now behaves like at the first start, now set up a new password.
3. If you don't have an USB device OR "USB authentication" is disabled.
- - Boot into XMB with this USB device.
- - Delete the PS3Lock config file with multiMAN or other file manager.
- - Reboot your PS3.
- - PS3Lock now behaves like at the first start, now set up a new password.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Enter "3. Restore File System". The "boot_plugins.txt" will be delete, now all plugins are disabled.
- Delete the PS3Lock config file with multiMAN or other file manager. "/dev_hdd0/plugins/PS3Lock/ps3lock_cfg.bin"
- Rebuild the "boot_plugins.txt" on "/dev_hdd0/" and reboot your PS3.
- PS3Lock now behaves like at the first start, now set up a new password.
For lock/unlock XMB settings and "deleting of apps/games" i use a vsh export:
vshmain_4F99DA2B(int) (with 1 and 8 you can lock "settings" column items )
NEW -- PS3 Lock v0.9
- added system update block for CFW 4.80 (thx to ermak86)
- added support for all pad ports (1-7) and BD-Remote (thx to atreyu187 and stefa11)
- added polish language (thx to darekspy)
- added installer-pkg
- added "permanent" lock XMB settings
- bugfix in "permanent" block system update
- hide GAMEZ optimized (can be disabled completely)
- added new background (GIMP-project in src-folder)
- added system update block for CFW 4.78
- remove plugin update function
- small change in control handling. self-explanatory!
- change pluginpath to /dev_hdd0/plugin/PS3Lock/
- bugfix in restricted mode
- added PS3Lock start delay
- set your language in settings, now in extern file
- block software update (thanks to ermak86 for files)
- added ability to show "Parental Control" password
- added plugin update funktion
- re-added restricted mode
- added xmb pw protektion
- added ps3lock settings pw protection
- added sleep timer
- added manually hide/unhide hdd0/GAMEZ folder
- added manually lock/unlock xmb settings and "deleting apps/games"
- confirm password while set a new password
- added fail-safe button combo (password reset)
- re-wrote the whole plugin (now based on VSH Menu)
- added statistics
- added restricted mode
- initial release
- added usb authentication
- - The first start of this plugin could "freeze" your system if your CFW has epilepsy warning enabled But it's not really a freeze. Try to open the PS3Lock settings (R3+O) and go to "Advanced settings -> PS3Lock start delay". Set the timer to 7-8 sec and press L2+R2+L3 for restart the PS3.
- - If you set "Lock XMB settings" to "permanent" then you have to enable the autologin function for any user account (local PS3 user account). If you disable the autologin function you get a damaged XMB (no access to most settings) at every startup. But this error can be fixed easily by start and close any app/game like multiMAN (or any other hdd game).Test InformationCFW Tested :
- Habib 4.46 Cobra
- DARKNET 4.66 Cobra
- Rebug REX 4.75.3
- Rebug LITE 4.76.1
- Rebug REX 4.78.2
- Rebug REX 4.80.1
- CECHC04 , CECH-2504B
- A special thank goes to 3141card, without him this plugin wouldn't be possible.
- A special thank goes also to ermak86 for his files from "XMB Lock" (Block system update).
Also thanks to:
- and all who made backgrounds or translations.
Download: PS3Lock_v0.9_+_SRC PS3Lock_v0.91_+_SRC
Mirror: PSX-Place DLs
Source: PSX-Place.com (Alert from Developer)
By STLcardsWS on May 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM
(Update) PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84.2 - PS3Xploit HAN & Flash Tools Restored for 4.84 OFW usersHuge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.
So, what does all this mean? Nows it will be like it was back in 4.82 before PS3Xploit was "patched" you will be able to install a CFW (on a CFW compatible model) and for those unfortunate user's that does not have a CFW Compatible model (i.e. SuperSlim/late slims) you have will have access to the HAN exploit . So for new user's or ones that updated, here is your second chances thanks to the efforts of the PS3Xploit Team and to @Joonie (waved magic wand on files), @habib (for valuable input on this project) and @esc0rtd3w (work in porting ps3xploit tools to 4.84)Continue reading
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- rishabh agarwal