[UPDATE] RCOMAGE Mod 1.8 - Proper & Automated GIM to PNG conversion, Dump & Compile Files.

Discussion in 'Developer Tools' started by RandomDude, Mar 6, 2019.

1. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

*New 1.8 update released*

This tool is the exact same of v1.1.2 compiled by sandungas except for it has auto gim conversion and it's accurate. The original version or psdevwiki 1.1.2 doesn't have gim > png accurate conversion. If any bugs are found please report it here in the forums. I will try fixing it asap.

Screenshot 1.6:
    Captures.PNG
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Link v1.8
    https://mega.nz/#!VxxACCzD!ZafrIONxlpwKXwD03luKOKJJHH7Bw4iv_0oU-VrL858
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the original rcomage which was ported from psp, the rcomage always dumped the rco's gim's with the default settings. Which was not acceptable by the ps3 and it may cause texture glitches.

This version of rcomage checks the settings with gim to gim conversion & then stores it in a database along with converting into png with the settings found.

Then while compiling it reads the database again and then uses those settings to convert the png back to gim with the correct settings.

This Would Prevent Texture glitches & white boxes that people find when compiling the rcomage with their custom png's.

-NEVER COMPILE FILES WHICH WEREN'T DUMPED BY MY TOOL.

v1.1

-Fixed database error where some files wouldn't convert PNG > GIM properly.

v1.2

- Added a GUI
    - Added a resource folder option & the rco selection option

v1.3

-Fixed header compression to zlib.

v1.4

-Added Ps3dxt1 Conversion.
    -Added Convert GIM > PNG option.
    -Added delete database traces option.
    -Added Info Button.
    -Added VSMX Decode Option (PSP)

v1.5

-Added GimConvC if all else hashes fails. (Will Improve chances of conversion by a lot.)

v1.6

-Fixed a bug in which it showed unable to create directory/dir already created
    -Fixed a bug in which multiple compiling's on same xml's produced a gim error.
    -Fixed a bug where multiple dumps wouldn't achieve correct Gim settings.
    -Cleaned the console output a little bit for better error readings.

v1.7

-Added custom Database Which allows extremely fast dumps and compile rate.
    -Trimmed code as much as I possibly could.
    -Small UI changes
    -Added GimConvD into GPCT.

v1.8

-Fixed Database reading error where some files (very rare) would be read as .png
    -Fixed Recreation of Database in case of any error.

This wouldn't be possible without @sandungas.
    Thank you so much for the help and support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any Help/Bug report can be posted, will help out everyone.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    esc0rtd3w, Zar, dazzaXx and 4 others like this.
  2. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

@sandungas seems like one file in custom_render_plugin.rco still does not meet hashes of -ps3rgba8888, -ps3dxt5, -ps3dxt3...

also tex_speech_ballon.gim in the explore_category_friend.rco

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 3,667
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Something is not working in your app
    Code:
    C:\Portables\RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916\GimConv>GimConv.exe tex_ps3logo.gim -o tex_ps3logo_dxt3.gim -ps3dxt3
    load "tex_ps3logo.gim"
    save "./tex_ps3logo_dxt3.gim"

C:\Portables\RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916\GimConv>GimConv.exe tex_scelogo.gim -o tex_scelogo_dxt3.gim -ps3dxt3
    load "tex_scelogo.gim"
    save "./tex_scelogo_dxt3.gim"

C:\Portables\RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916\GimConv>GimConv.exe tex_speech_balloon.gim -o tex_speech_balloon_dxt5.gim -ps3dxt5
    load "tex_speech_balloon.gim"
    save "./tex_speech_balloon_dxt5.gim"

All them identical (original versus rebuilt) when compared in HxD

4. 3,667
    sandungas

Btw, i moved this thread (and your other thread) to the subforum "PS3 tools" -> "developer tools"
    Originally you made them in the "General PS3 Discussion" subforum but there is a lot of actitity in it and your tools eventually will drop to the bottom of the pit, so the "developer tools" subforum is a better place for them :)

RandomDude and DeViL303 like this.
  5. 4,660
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Nice work @RandomDude , will be checking this out soon.

If youre looking for ideas for future version, drag and drop function, drop onto the exe either A) rco file, to auto dump to folder with same name as rco created, or B) drag rco xml to exe compile back to rco, would be really nice. :)

RandomDude likes this.
  6. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

Yes I've noticed that's why I took down the download link. I am working on fixing it...

Was thinking about that, maybe even use the same rcomage gui...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    DeViL303 likes this.
  7. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

You Have to use the files provided In the zip file.. You just took my tool and added in your rcomage which won't work.

8. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

It has been fully released. Bugs were fixed & for simplicity's sake dumping rco's 2 times in a row won't affect the database from now. (althought it is not advised)

9. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

@sandungas Trophy_tex_grade_silver.gim inside explore_category_psn.rco also has a different setting

Seems like a lot of files have different settings than ps3rgba8888,ps3dxt5 & ps3dxt3

10. 3,667
    sandungas

I was not using your tool to make that check, i posted that to show you that the "rcomage psdevwiki mod" is working fine
    Your tool is based on the modifyed gimconv.exe and gimconv.cfg i did, i took "preventive meassures" to support up to the 14 GIM "image formats" supported by the gim format
    By now we know the PS3 official firmware includes up to 3... but are 14 in total
    My biggest worry is to keep an eye at the posible problems you could find when using it, and the posible new GIM formats you could find (differing from the 3 we know are used) when running your tool in a automated way

Same stuff, the files are identical (original versus rebuilt), trophy_tex_grade_silver.gim can be rebuilt with the option -ps3dxt5
    Code:
    C:\Portables\RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916\GimConv>GimConv.exe trophy_tex_grade_silver.gim -o trophy_tex_grade_silver_dxt5.gim -ps3dxt5
    load "trophy_tex_grade_silver.gim"
    save "./trophy_tex_grade_silver_dxt5.gim"

The "RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916" is working fine, so the problem is in your app

RandomDude likes this.
  11. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

What!?, my tool doesn't touch gimconv.exe or gimconv.cfg.
    My tool only uses it's own set of tools which trigger the tools Rcomage, GImConv, GSF.
    I didn't make any changes to gimconv or rcomage...

I'm using the gimconv from psdevwiki mod. I didn't touch any of the gimconv or rcomage files.

12. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

Lemme describe what I just did @sandungas

I extracted your psdevwiki rcomage and then I made the GPCT tool which locates the file converts them and stores them in the database.
    Then i made the rcomage mod which dumps the rco and then calls the gpct tool which then converts the gim/png in real time.

That's it. No changes were made to rcomage source code or the GimConv. It's weird you're getting that error. Let me check with the original gimconv if that error appears...

Edit: Seems like you're right...

13. 3,667
    sandungas

The options -ps3rgba8888, -ps3dxt5 and -ps3dxt3 only exists in the gimconv.cfg included in the "RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916"
    The gimconv.cfg included in the standard rcomage doesnt have that options, neither the official gimconv.cfg released by sony
    Also, the default gimconv.exe included in the "RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916" have a patch which only purpose is to allow to have a perfect hash match when doing the bruteforce GIM-to-GIM conversions (without that patch the GIM files with a "fileinfo" footer" are not going to match)

You are reporting to me that the options -ps3rgba8888, -ps3dxt5 and -ps3dxt3 doesnt works, and im showing to you that works fine by using the "RCOmage psdevwiki MOD v20180916" in command line
    In other words... im not having any error

RandomDude likes this.
  14. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

I understood that, there is some problem with gsfrcomage as only in custom_render_plugin it stops responding, I have no clue why this happens because in gpct tool it directly allows the conversion and checks setting properly in GSFRCOMAGE (caller tool) it stops responding...

Thank you for reporting the bug. I wouldn't have found it out myself. Working on it asap.

15. 3,667
    sandungas

I think is related with the fact you are extracting all GIM files from all RCO files in the same folder (or you are creating a single "gim settings" database for all the GIM files of a PS3 firmware "by filename" only)

That could be problematic because there are several RCO files containing GIM files with the same name... but have different size or different GIM settings
    The point is... if you extract GIM files overriting other GIM files... then you are losing the settings of one of them (incase was different)
    I guess is related with the sequence of actions you are doing, maybe you are finding the GIM settings and at a later step overwriting the GIM (so the settings you recorded are not proper for the new GIM ?)

Dunno... but is something like that, as i shown the files where you was having problems was either -ps3dxt3 or -ps3dxt5 so are following the standards we knew already and they "should" be identifyed by your tool as well as the other GIM files with the same format

16. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

I've fixed the bug thanks to @sandungas.

V1.1 BUG FIXES :

Small database reading error & nothing major. Some files would dump fine whereas others wouldn't read the database properly.

1.2 Might come in the next week & it will/may use a custom GUI rather than a console.

sandungas and DeViL303 like this.
  17. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

It was just a simple database error lol... I've fixed it.
    Thanks for Helping!

DeViL303 and sandungas like this.
  18. 3,667
    sandungas

Nice, keep the good work :encouragement:
    And dont hesitate to report any weird thing you found to me, i have the feeling you (or your tool) is going to find some GIM variant eventually :)

As mentioned before, i was preventive and prepared up to 14 options for all the formats supported by GIM
    Code:
    GimConv.cfg (added options)

PS3 RGBA image formats
        -ps3rgba5650
        -ps3rgba5551
        -ps3rgba4444
        -ps3rgba8888 (1st most common GIM settings in PS3 firmwares)
        PS3 INDEXED image formats
        -ps3index4
        -ps3index8
        -ps3index16
        -ps3index32
        PS3 DXT image formats
        -ps3dxt1
        -ps3dxt3 (3rd most common GIM settings in PS3 firmwares)
        -ps3dxt5 (2nd most common GIM settings in PS3 firmwares)
        -ps3dxt1ext
        -ps3dxt3ext
        -ps3dxt5ext

So... this 14 options covers all the posible variants, if a new GIM variant is found is going to be one of them :)

For the GIM-to-GIM bruteforce identification process is not enought by telling the image format (one of that 14), we need to get a perfect hash match. Is a bit what happens with the trick used with the "fileinfo" (i had to imagine how to deal with the fileinfo to get a perfect hash match in the GIM-to-GIM conversions). So i guess eventually we are going to find a GIM where is needed to do something "new" to identify it

DeViL303 and RandomDude like this.
  19. 241
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

@sandungas

I don't get the concept of why rcomage running on command line cannot accept the directory.

For ex:
    rcomage.exe dump C:\Users\Windows 10\Desktop\Custom_render_plugin.rco C:\users\Windows 10\Desktop\crp.xml --images images --text text

It says cannot find directory c:\users\windows 10 ....
    ^^ This was the only reason I didn't allow choose a directory location earlier on v1.0

Also If anyone has rcomage gui source code Please link it below. It would help a ton.

Edit: Nvm fixed it, if the file dir has a space in between you must add " " to the start and end of dir like "C:\Users\Windows 10" Rather than just C:\Users\Windows 10

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  20. 1,618
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    I used to get this all the time on Window 10. Until i started to use the old windows dll files on it. Plus several other annoying glitches with RCO mage on Win10 that other's don't get lol.

RandomDude likes this.