Update to 3.30?

Discussion in 'PlayStation TV (Vita TV)' started by protivakid, Mar 30, 2016.

1. 40
    protivakid

protivakid Member

A game I want requires FW 3.30 for my PSTV. Any idea what will break if I update to only that version? I saw QCMA was updated to work with it last year. Will TN-V, TN-X, or the eml whitelist hack no longer work?

2. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

tnx will no longer work and you will need a new exploit game for tnv 3.20 is golden firmware for hacks on pstv (at least at the moment) not sure but you will also loose "package installer" if it work on pstv...

3. 1,362
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

3.36 wouldn't be a bad firmware for you to go to. You will lose pkg installer and tnx, but the flow has the ps1 bubble installer now. You will still have em hacks and cfw on the pap side. I beleive numblast was one of the exploitable games on that firmware. There is a nice tutorial here in the vita section for manually updating to a certain firmware. If you get stuck use the callout tag system and ask for [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION] they are very knowledgeable when it comes to vita and pstv. Goodluck

4. 11,933
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

tn-x won't work on 3.30. the eml trick will. as for tn-v, u can just transfer over the custom bubble via the eml trick to any game, and it will work. exploitable games r no longer needed with the eml trick.

5. 40
    protivakid

protivakid Member

If PSOne Loader compatibility is ever figured out for the PSTV then TN-X won't be an issue right? Since to my knowledge PSOne Loader and TN-X use the same built-in Vita PS1 emulator?

6. 11,933
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yes. there's probably little chance that total noob (TN) will make a tn-x build for later firmware. someone leaked his stuff, so he quit the scene a while back. PSOne loader may be ur only hope when it comes to ps1 games. personally, I don't care for ps1 stuff much since I have a hacked ps2 and ps3. ;)