PS4 [Update v1.01} Duck Hunt - Remake (by Lapy): Celebrating 35 Years of Duck Hunt

Discussion in 'PS4 Homebrew' started by STLcardsWS, May 28, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on May 28, 2019 at 8:43 PM
  1. 8,725
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Update: PS Vita / PlayStation TV version released - Update 2 - v1.01 Released (MultiPlayer Support)
    The PS4 Homebrew landscape is looking better with each passing week, while the scene started off sluggish we are starting to see momentum in a variety of ways. Along with various other developer's @Lapy is doing a huge part to bring us some great homebrew games. This time around the dev wanted to remake an iconic classic in Duck Hunt. Which is a great addition to the PS4 Homebrew library as the Nintendo NES/Famicom Classic has not been playable on most emulators (especially on consoles) due to the Zapper Gun mechanics. However in this remake powered by Unity-3D the motion controls are done on the DualShock 4, bring back a great classic to your modern TVs with ease. I am sure many of you have great memories of this game or if not its worth a look as this was routinely packed along on the same cart as Super Mario Bros. back in the NES days. The only question now, Could we be seeing the "Clay Shooter Mode" in the future, like we see in the classic version?

D7sXz9eXkAU5FYp.png
    Image created by @x_force_505

• Celebrating 35 years of Duck Hunt w/ new Remake from Lapy Games

Controls:
      • View On-Screen Instructions

Changelogs:

Downloads

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    ntodek, Infiltraitor and esc0rtd3w like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 Homebrew' started by STLcardsWS, May 28, 2019.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Hopefully this is better then the Vita version with the same name as this LOL
    2. joe musashi
      joe musashi
      nice work but i want u to do ps3 version can u
    3. Infiltraitor
      Infiltraitor
      I like how this game utilize the DS4 like a light gun. Much like how I wish my DS3 controller can do the same on Time Crisis 4 (actually I am holding it that way during cut scenes). This would be the first homebrew I'll play once I can get my hands on a PS4.

As for the game, it looks amazing and sounded like the original.
    4. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      I remember back when i was a kid, playing this on a Nintendo Clone with the CRT, because popularity of the 90s.

Seeing this again, gave me the flashbacks...thoes poor ducks [emoji23]

Seeing this implemented on the PlayStation4 with the DUALSHOCK4 Motion-Control its a stroke of genius, but if Move Controlers are supported, then ill make myself a custom AR frame, to hunt some ducks [emoji1787]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    5. MasterTurkey