PS3 [UPDATED 3-3-19] webMAN MOD 1.47.09 - 4.84 CFW (CEX) Support Added

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 17, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 17, 2019 at 11:15 AM
  1. 8,331
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

webMAN MOD has received an update after developer @aldostools provided details and code that needed to be compiled for the new update,. Since developer aldostools doesn't have a ps3 environment setup currently for compiling. He requested someone to make the compile for him and our very own @kozarovv step in and compiled the latest update for webMAN MOD that should provide proper 4.84 CFW (CEX) support for the popular plugin.

WebMAN MOD is a plugin (by @aldostools) which is a fork of the master project from @deank's webMAN (or sometimes unofficially called webMAN "vanilla") and while deank version is equipped with plenty of great features the "MOD" version takes it a bit farther and adds some new functionality not found in the original project, If you would like to learn more about the webMAN MOD plugin there is no better place then to checkout the official forum here in the psx-place forums with tons of information to get the most out of this handy plugin for CFW enabled PS3's with background plugin functionality (A Cobra CFW or a Standard CFW with MAMBA installed and equipped).

webMAN-MOD.jpg
    Checkout other 4.84 related releases in this thread here.

• Changelog:
      • Added support for 4.84 (CEX) CFW.

Downloads:
      UPDATE (March-3-19) NEW LINK (Corrected an Issues now fully supporting 4.84 CEX):
      https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=310

Compiled code that @aldostools provided above,I didn't tested any of those pkg as i'm still on 4.82.​

Feature Overview

webMAN "vanilla features
      " (
      Original Project by deank, webMAN MOD also containes these features)
      • * FTP server with remote control functions (shutdown/restart)
      • * WWW server with remote control functions (scroll down for the complete list of shortcuts)
      • * Support for loading and browsing of [local] PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1/PS2/PSP games in ISO format with cover display
      • * NETISO support for network loading and browsing of PS3 games in ISO and folder format, * DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1 and PSP games
      • * NTFS support for PS3 and PS1 games in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format and DVD Video in ISO format
      • * Dynamic Fan Control and in-game temperature monitoring
      • * PAD shortcuts
      • * Keep USB device awake
      • * Mount last game or AUTOBOOT.ISO to system startup
      • * Support direct access to NTFS devices through web & ftp (1.45 / 1.45.11)
      • * XMB integration XMB proxy (1.46 / 1.46.00)
      • * Integrated prepNTFS

webMAN MOD additional features (by Aldostools)
      • * Easy installer/updater
      • * VSH Menu integration (hold SELECT to show the menu)
      • * sLaunch GUI integration (hold START or R2+L2 on XMB to show the GUI)
      • * New folder icons (by Brunolee & Berion)
      • * It can mount PS2 Classics games on PS2 Classic Launcher (.BIN.ENC)
      • * It can auto-mount any custom folder or ISO. Official only can mount AUTOBOOT.ISO
      • * Title ID can be displayed on XMB menu
      • * Covers are shown using the Title ID on the file name of the ISO. Official needs to mount the game to show the covers.
      • * It can rip a game from disc to hdd0 or copy from hdd0 to usb000 or from usb00x to hdd0.
      • * FTP server includes new SITE commands to allow copy/paste files locally, unmount game, toggle external gamedata, turn on/off dev_blind, change file attributes
      • * Integrated external gameDATA
      • * Web Debugger (remote peek/poke/find bytes)
      • * Support for automatic or manual removal of CFW syscalls and spoof console id (IDPS/PSID)
      • * Translated to 23 languages
      • * Extended support up to 5 remote network servers
      • * Several shortcuts to toggle Cobra, swap Rebug files, mount net0/ or net1/, show IDPS/PSID, etc.
      • * Support for user defined combos
      • * Enable screen capture on CFW that don't has the feature.
      • * Various improvements on File Manager (links to navigate faster, mount ISO, mount net0/ or net1/, preview images, copy/paste/delete files & folders)
      • * MIN+ memory profile (same as MIN but uses 512K and 2.5X more buffer for PS3 games)
      • * MAX+ memory profile (same as MAX 1280K for PS3 games, others buffer is reduced, eg: 2X less buffer for ftp and 4X for DVD etc...)
      • * Copy operations use shadow copy on hdd0 for faster copy
      • * Scan for games on the stealth folder "/video"
      • * Support last_game.txt / autoboot on nonCobra edition
      • * "Offline" mode (blocks some PSN/tracking servers). Game updates still work in this mode. (v1.33.03)
      • * XMBM+ integration when grouping of XMB content is disabled (v1.33.03)
      • * Extended Content Profile Grouping (v1.33.07)
      • * PS3 Manager API Support (PS3MAPI)
      • * Integrated Mysis video_rec plugin and get klicensee
      • * Support for .ntfs[BDFILE] (fake ISO created by IRISMAN)
      • * Support to mount NTFS games using raw_iso.sprx (rawseciso by Estwald)
      • * Support for auto-fix games that require higher FW version (4.20 and later)
      • * Optional Video subfolder to "Bluray™ and DVD" folder (Display RetroXMB videos, videos on USB devices and Data Disc icon)
      • * "slider" webGUI (mobile friendly).
      • * Extended system information (Title ID, APP Version, IDPS/PSID, CFW version, last played game)
      • * Display of Play time & startup time to SELECT+START and /cpursx.ps3 (Use SELECT+START+R2 to display Game ID, Title, play time and more in-Game info)
      • * Include a virtual pad feature, you can control your console via http://pad.aldostools.org on web browser or with webPAD software (windows only)
      • * dev_bdvd/PS3_UPDATE now is redirected when the plugin is loaded (and when a game is mounted) [This is intended to prevent an accidental update if a game disc is inserted in the drive]
      • * Added /play.ps3 to launch XMB Functions (e.g: /play.ps3?col=network&seg=seg_premo) this will start Remote Play server from XMB.
      • * Once a game is mounted via html, if you click on the displayed icon the game will be launched on the PS3. This is nice to start the game once it's mounted from your mobile This option uses the new command /play.ps3
      • * Support for auto-play any supported ISO, game folder or auto-open an URL link
      • * Support for change BD/DVD region
      • * NETISO server on PS3 (ISO only)
      • * Support for local web chat
      • * Support for edit small text files
      • * Download files & install PKG remotely or with shortcut

• wmm_2.png

Official info/Support Forum:

Also a recent guide to checkout (by @jacobsson ):

UPDATE (March-3-19) NEW LINK (Corrected an Issues now fully supporting 4.84 CEX):
    https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=310

Source
    : psx-place.com
    Additional info about this plugin can be found here:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 17, 2019.

1. RandomDude
      RandomDude
      NO, the ps3 uses first gen sata controllers which only support upto 1.5 Gbps.
      Just buy a 7200rpm HDD.
      aldostools likes this.
    2. aldostools
      aldostools
      Currently there is not option to turn this feature off. I can add that option to /setup.ps3

If the game already has a CONFIG file, the existing CONFIG file is not overwritten. In other words, the auto search for CONFIG not performed.

If ManaGunZ and wMM updater are *not* installed, the CONFIG is not created either because it doesn't have a database where to search.

BTW the lite edition doesn't include the "auto CONFIG" feature.
      Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
      DeViL303 likes this.
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Cool, i have ton of custom configs, that i don't want to have overwritten (got backup anyway).
      I think this can be useful.

Thanks again, and nice work!
      edit:
      I have another idea :) Third location for config search, let say dev_hdd0/game/PS2_CONF/
      This way community can made config updaters, etc. Just an idea.

Edit2: Hmm, but this will work the best if this gonna be first location it search.
      DeViL303 and aldostools like this.
    4. aldostools
      aldostools
      That is easy to add :playful: I'll make these suggested changes when I return to my home.
      DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Awesome! :)
      DeViL303 likes this.
    6. aldostools
      aldostools
      I have updated the link with the suggested changes... This time I included the SRC too ;)
      Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fwcqnb

Added new setting: "Auto CONFIG" in /setup.ps3 (next to the option PLAYSTATION®2, in the section "Scan for content")

Now webMAN looks for the CONFIG file in the following paths (in this order) when the PS2 ISO is mounted and the "Auto CONFIG" is enabled (only if the PS2 ISO doesn't have a CONFIG file already):

/dev_hdd0/game/PS2CONFIG/<gameid>.CONFIG

/dev_hdd0/game/PS2CONFIG/CONFIG/CUSTOM/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/PS2CONFIG/CONFIG/NET/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/PS2CONFIG/CONFIG/GX/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/PS2CONFIG/CONFIG/SOFT/<gameid>.CONFIG

/dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/CONFIG/CUSTOM/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/CONFIG/NET/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/CONFIG/GX/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/CONFIG/SOFT/<gameid>.CONFIG

/dev_hdd0/game/UPDWEBMOD/CONFIG/CUSTOM/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/UPDWEBMOD/CONFIG/NET/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/UPDWEBMOD/CONFIG/GX/<gameid>.CONFIG
      /dev_hdd0/game/UPDWEBMOD/CONFIG/SOFT/<gameid>.CONFIG
      MixeryMaxe, ZeroOne, DeViL303 and 5 others like this.
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      STLcardsWS and aldostools like this.
    8. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      I have a probably silly question, the iso has to be named like BLES66666 for example, or wMM and Managunz have a way to identify the BL code automatically and find the correct Config file?
    9. aldostools
      aldostools
      Unlike PS3 games which game ids are stored in PARAM.SFO and in a constant address in the PS3 ISO (0x810), to detect the game id of a PS2 it is necessary to parse the root directory of the DVD.

When the PS2 ISO is mounted, webMAN scans the root directory of the DVD image looking for a file with a name like "SLES_999.99" or "SCUS_999.99" (and some others) to use it as the game id.

So, you don't have to name the PS2 ISO in any special way for this feature ;)
      MixeryMaxe, DeViL303, T.A.U and 4 others like this.
    10. Zwei
      Zwei
      @aldostools
      With this version of webman
      webMAN-MOD_1.47.12

games and ps2 and ps1 it works on external hd in NTFS?
    11. aldostools
      aldostools
      Only PS1 and PS3 games in ISO work directly from external storage in NTFS format.

PSP and PS2 are listed in the XMB menu, but they are copied first to internal HDD when they are mounted.
      Once there is a copy in the internal HDD, the internal copy is used without having to copy it again.

BD and DVD isos (movies, music, pictures, etc.) also work directly from NTFS.

Large packages files (PKG) can be installed from NTFS once its fake ISO is mounted.
      Movies (AVI, MP4, divx) also can be played from XMB player. For MKV you need Movian.
    12. DEX357
      DEX357
      Auto config cool function my old idea from a year ago for cobra :P it would also be useful to automatically copy all config to /dev_hdd0/game/PS2CONFIG/CONFIG. I now testing this feature. There is still a lack of the Instal RAPs and EDATs function in mm. @aldostools I saw on the forum she was mentioned a few times.
      T.A.U and aldostools like this.
    13. DEX357
      DEX357
      T.A.U likes this.
    14. aldostools
      aldostools
      kozarovv, citra mulia and T.A.U like this.
    15. DEX357
      DEX357
      I use psnpatch for rap files but it would be nice to have such a function in WMM if it is possible at all, but if there is a lot of work with it, then there is no point for add such a function.
    16. zeroofall
      zeroofall

The HDD is divided into 2 partitions. The 1st partition is a 80GB FAT partition with 6 Games stored in the GAMES folder and 58 PSP games stored in PSPISO folder. The 2nd Partition is NTFS that fills up most of the HDD. Games on the NTFS partition are ISOs and stored in the PS3ISO and PSXISO folders. Everything is viewable via computer, IRISMAN, ManaGunZ, and mmCM and can be launched from those apps. I made sure I installed the full version webMAN MOD 1.47.11 (L1 according to the app title)

The settings in setup.ps3 don't appear to me to show any reason why that second partition is not being scanned. /dev_ntfs is checked and I upped the plugin memory usage to max.

/dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp appears to have pulled all the SFO and PNG files from the HDD including the ones stored on the NTFS partition but still is not showing the games in the XMB or the web browser.

Would deleting any of the wmconfig/wmtemp or selecting rebuild or recovery under the MEM Setup be something to get passed this issue?

The drive itself is completely unchanged from when I had it in perfectly working condition before my failed update. Everything worked and launched fine before. It was disconnected when I attempted the update that led to the corrupted system so I feel as though I can rule out that being a issue. As I said everything worked great before, I don't understand what could be causing this misconfiguration.

Thanks for all your contributions BTW :). When I did have webman running It was the only launcher I preferred to use and loved the way it looked with all the covers loaded.
    17. Ali888
      Ali888
      Thanks so much aldostools :)
      aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
    18. aldostools
      aldostools
      Try checking all devices, including /dev_ntfs. Also check all content types (including PS3 and PS1).

Try refreshing the XML used to list the games on XMB using the web command /refresh.ps3 or SELECT+L3. Reboot to be sure that the XMB is not using the cached XML.

Also try verifying if the NTFS games are listed on the Internet browser (PS3 or PC), using the web command /index.ps3 or /games.ps3

When webMAN scans for content, it reads the NTFS from /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp
      Thus, if that folder contains the .ntfs[* files, they should be listed on the XMB when you do a refresh.

You can try using prepNTFS if you want to refresh tmp/wmtmp folder. It uses the same NTFS library used by IRISMAN. The full edition of webMAN uses a version modified for sprx, so it can have some differences.

I don't think they would help. Maybe deleting wmconfig and rebooting could do something different. The rebuild option is used to rebuild the XMB database and recovery is to enter into recovery mode (the ritual holding the power button).
    19. zeroofall
      zeroofall
      I've moved a couple PSX and PS3 ISOs onto a 32GB NTFS flashdrive I had laying around and gave that a go and it worked just as intended, so your code is working fine.

Bguerville mentions having a problematic HDD that seems to be having the same issue in this thread.
      (spam filter)/threads/prep-ntfs-and-reading-ntfs-drives.12289/

I'm going to backup the drive and give it a fresh format as another user points out initially solves his problem and allows it to be read. Although he does say it does break again later on. Wish me luck. Backup only has around 10-15 hours to go... lol