(Update R2 released) Developer @OsirisX is back with release 2 of the PS4 port of RetroArch , this unofficial port (based on v1.8.1 of the main project) now contains 37 libretro cores adding an additional 12 since the initial release, those cores include the arcade core FBA & also a Sega Saturn Yabause (curious how that compares to the standalone from znullptr), while N64 emulation still needs some work the parallel_64 core included in v1 has seen a new companion and n64 offering in the addition of the Mupen64 core. The new n64 core does offer some small speed improvements from parallei_64 and may still need some improvements to come in the future hopefully (please share your results/feedback below, which games are working for you?).. Also a bug other's and myself experienced has been addressed, the issue being (in r1) where we could not launch any content in other locations, such as in playlist has now been fixed in the r2 release. That is a welcomed bug to be squashed as now playslist/collections/favorites ect.. should work fine. The PS4 homebrew scene looks in alot better position then it did weeks ago. You have to really stop and look the PS4 now has 37 different things it can now run that was not possible a couple weeks ago. Stay tuned as this is port is sure to mature even more with time and likely become an official release sooner or later for the RetroArch project. The libretro team has already expressed support..
(Original Article r1) RetroArch for the PS4 was in development around this time last year, if you recall. Various developer's such as frangarcj & bigboss were showing the initial progress and private builds of the port's early progress and then development seem to come to a slow-down without much news surrounding it. In the meantime the PS4 community followed the emergence of a new PS2 port of RetroArch as some ps2 homebrew can be played via emulation and in the 5.05 ps4 via a PS2 Classic convert, This gave a small taste of RetroArch emulation in a limited capacity on the PS4. A native PS4 port was and has been in high demand, now developer @OsirisX has answered the call and has delivered an unofficial release of RetroArch PS4 (v1.8.1-R1) to become the latest PS4 Homebrew. We have seen a few ps4 homebrew releases but this is huge news for the PS4 community, For those of you who may not know the developer. This person has been in the scene for a long time and has been responsible for various projects across platforms, some of our reader's may recall one project on the PS3 from this dev ( PS3xPAD (cfw plugin)..)
The initial release of this port contains 25 libretro cores with more coming in future updates, the included cores ranging from experimental N64 emulation, MAME, PS1, DosBoX, NES, Genesis/Mega Drive, 32x and other libretro core's that will emulate many retro console now on your PS4!!!. For more information about this port checkout the release notes from the developer attached below, along with some extra bits of info we have added as well. Please share your experiences in the comments below. What is working and not working?
View tab marked Update below for R2 details
This is a native PS4 port of RetroArch. It is based off v1.8.1.
Only a handful of cores are ported for now but more will come at a later date!
( Video's by @Grim Doe )
You will need a jailbroken PS4 running 5.05 fw to install and use this port.
Ported cores list:
- 2048_libretro.self - 2048 core
- dosbox_libretro.self - DOSbox 0.74, MS-DOS Emulator
- desmume2015_libretro.self - Nintendo DS [NDS]
- fceumm_libretro.self - FCEUmm, Nintendo Entertainment System [NES]
- gearboy_libretro.self - Gearboy, Game Boy [DMG + Color]
- genesis_plus_gx_libretro.self - Genesis Plus GX, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive & Sega CD & Sega Master System
- mame2000_libretro.self - MAME 0.37b5, Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
- mame2003_libretro.self - MAME 0.72, Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
- mame2003_plus_libretro.self - MAME 0.72+, Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
- mednafen_gba_libretro.self - MednaFen GBA, Game Boy Advance [GBA]
- mednafen_lynx_libretro.self - MednaFen Lynx, Atari Lynx
- mednafen_ngp_libretro.self - MednaFen NeoPop, Neo-Geo Pocket [Color]
- mednafen_snes_libretro.self - MednaFen SNES, Super Nintendo [SNES]
- mednafen_vb_libretro.self - MednaFen VB, Virtual Boy
- mednafen_wswan_libretro.self - MednaFen WonderSwan, Bandai WonderSwan [+ Color]
- mgba_libretro.self - mGBA, Game Boy Advance [GBA]
- parallel_n64_libretro.self - Nintendo 64 (Experimental) [N64]
- pcsx_rearmed_libretro.self - PCSX ReARMed, PlayStation 1 [PS1]
- picodrive_libretro.self - PicoDrive, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive & Sega CD & Sega 32X
- quicknes_libretro.self - QuickNES, Nintendo Entertainment System [NES]
- snes9x2002_libretro.self - Snes9X 2002, Super Nintendo [SNES]
- snes9x2005_libretro.self - Snes9x 2005, Super Nintendo [SNES]
- snes9x2005_plus_libretro.self - Snes9x 2005 Plus, Super Nintendo [SNES]
- snes9x2010_libretro.self - Snes9x 2010, Super Nintendo [SNES]
- snes9x_libretro.self - Snes9x, Super Nintendo [SNES]
- See UPDATE tab for cores added in the r2 update
UPDATE: r2 release:
- Fixed launching games from playlists
- Added more cores including mupen64plus (N64), yabause (Sega Saturn), etc. Check below for full list
- Note: There is just small speed improvement with mupen64 compared with parallel.Newly added cores since r1:
- desmume_libretro.self - Nintendo DS [NDS]
- fbalpha2012_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 v0.2.97.29, Arcade Machine Emulator [Various]
- fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 CPS1 v0.2.97.28, Capcom Play System [CPS1]
- fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 CPS2 v0.2.97.28, Capcom Play System II [CPS2]
- fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 CPS3 v0.2.97.29, Capcom Play System II [CPS3]
- fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 NeoGeo v0.2.97.29, SNK Neo-Geo AES/MVS
- fmsx_libretro.self - fMSX, MSX 1/2 Emulator
- mednafen_pcfx_libretro.self - Mednafen PC-FX, NEC PC-FX
- mednafen_supergrafx_libretro.self - Mednafen SuperGrafx, NEC PC Engine SuperGrafx
- mupen64plus_libretro.self - Nintendo 64 [N64]
- mupen64plus_next_libretro.self - Nintendo 64 [N64]
- yabause_libretro.self - Yabause, Sega Saturn
Release Notes (provided by port developer): (updated for R2)
1. Games can either be loaded from hdd or usb.
2. The RetroArch system folder is located in /data/retroarch/system. Any necessary bios files need to be placed there.
3. There is a small bug where sometimes games won't load after closing it. If this happens, try re-loading the core and load the game again.
4. N64 emulator seems to run fastest with rice gfx plugin. Use mupen64plus for best N64 emulation performance
5. Shaders should be working. Try loading them from usb if you're experiencing issues and don't forget to press apply after loading.
6. Launching games from playlists should now be working in r2.
7. USE PS4 Hen 2.1.1+ "there are some required patches in later Hen versions that need to be applied." (quote 1)
Source (code) will be pushed to main branch eventually but will be slow to ensure nothing breaks!Additional Note's (provided by psx-place):
1.Tip: How to toogle Menu while in gameplay. default is set to Touchscreen (push) + Option button or refereed to "Start + Select" in Setting>>Input>>Menu toggle Gamepad Combo where there is many options.
2. Tip: Under the above option you can also switch X/O button behavior as well.
Setting>>Input>>Menu Swap Ok & Cancel buttons
3.Bug: Automatic Core detection/switching is not supported currently on this port.. You will have to manually switch your cores before launching roms. When you have a core loaded it will suggest it can play any rom as the detection is broken fixed in r2
4. Bug: Launching Roms from playlist or history or basically any location other then manually finding the file will result in RetroArch just reloading and not launch the rom. fixed in R2
5. Submitted Bug Report: (via @Vegeta ) - Shader's not working (see details) UPDATE (r2) See r2 revised dev Notes above regarding shaders
6.) Tip: Forcing Analog controls: Settings>>Input>>>>User "X" binds>>>>User "X" Analog to digital type: Then you can choose left or right stick for dpad controls (note dpad controls will still work as well)
- Video's Courtesy of @Grim Doe on a PS4 PRO using version "r1"
R2 N64 & Saturn Test
Additional "R2" Gameplay
Acknowledgments/Thanks (via @OsirisX)
- Flatz for figuring out OpenGL on PS4
- Frangarcj for the initial RetroArch PS4 port
- Big Boss for liborbis
- RetroArch (PS4_r1)
- RetroArch (PS4-r2)
Release Thread @: gbatemp.net
Recent PS4 Homebrew Releases:
PS4 (Updated) RetroArch (unofficial PS4- R2) Now includes 37 libretro cores (Yabause / Mupen64 addded)
By STLcardsWS on Dec 27, 2019 at 6:32 PM
[UPDATE 4] PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitUpdate (4) Now supporting 4.86 Fully & Issue fixed with NAND console's in rare situations
You may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
[UPDATE-4.86] PS3HEN v3.0.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.86.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (04-02-2020): Version 3.0.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v3 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 3.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
4.86.1 REBUG LITE EDITION + REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.04 MULTI RELEASEDIt has been a busy week and especially for the PS3, First we had introduction of bguerville PS3 Toolset (which introduce a new ps3 Exploit along with some powerful tools). Then we had 4.86 Official Firmware dropped (no exploits patched) Then developer @Joonie of Team Rebug was quick to release an updated HybridFirmWare (for PS3HEN user's when an update to PS3HEN arrives for those nonCFW models) and now the developer follows that with the release of 4.86.1 REBUG LITE Edition, supplying us with one of the best firmware as the first option for 4.86 Custom Firmware Choices. This CFW comes equipped Cobra 8.2 payload, this payload provides various features some of those highlights include background running plugins, burnt optical media support as well as ISO Support are a few of the many Cobra features included in v8.2. The release details found below detail the various features & patches found in this CFW release. Also it's worth checking out at the download location (link below) the additional info and ":how to" information pertaining to use of REBUG LITE's CFW functionality. Note: that currently as of writing this some homebrew still needs to catch up fully for 4.86 support to on par with 4.85 and previous FW's . So it's not advised to rush in quite yet, if some bugs discourage you,. Until then, keep a watch HERE as those updates roll through, since there was no kernel changes to the 4.86 update most homebrew should still be functional on 4.86 with no update but some could have minor/moderate issues.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: