(UPDATED (October 7 2018) see "Update v1.2" TAB in article for new Major Improvements with Weapon System & more)
(Original article via September 29) >> The Grand Theft Auto San Andreas experience on the Vita? Yes, you have read that right, GTA-SA to Unity (dubbed Unity-SA SAunity). While not a complete port of the game, many aspects of the Open World Game (that debuted on the PS2) Classic are being added with some Proof-Of-Concept media (Screenshots & Video) shared of this project. The Vita build is still in development and needs some work yet but the project is coming along and hopefully we see this progress, there is no VPK for installing on your exploited PS Vita / PlayStation TV devices (yet as it still in development), however the source code has been published on Github for anyone to contribute. Stay tuned as this is a very interesting project to hit the platform.
San Andreas Unity
We're porting GTA: San Andreas to Unity!This won't be a complete re-implementation of the game, but we're hoping to build something similar to Multi Theft Auto with assets streamed from an existing installation of San Andreas.
When running for the first time, the game will ask you for path to GTA installation, and will store that path in config.user.json. If you ever need to change the path, you can just edit this file.
- open the project
- open main scene located at Assets/Scenes/Main.unity
- press Play button
Press Escape while in game to open pause menu. You'll see there a lot of utilities, and among them, there is a window which shows all controls.
Here is an extensive list of what should be implemented.
Can help us to develop this ? In that case, join us on discord so we can discuss about it.
- Animations must be loaded/played by index – because different anim definition groups (man, woman, etc) use different anim names ( walk_civi, woman_walknorm, respectively).
- Weapons. Aiming with weapons – aim animation. - See weapons.md
- Rigid body character
- Load map in editor
- Async geometry loading - currently, geometry is loaded synchronously, which seems like the main performance bottleneck
- Make everything networked
- **Map - better info area ; input mouse position is not always correct ; see Map.md ; **
- Teleport : when ground is too far away (like on mountains), geometry around it will not be loaded, and raycast will not succeed ; when position is too low, player gets constantly respawned ; adapt all other teleport code ;
- What to do before making a release: change starting pos ? ;
- Validate path to GTA ?
- Anims must be played by their name
- Vehicles window: it's too slow - use pages ; display additional info ;
- Exceptions are thrown for some ped models - model ids: WMYST, 0, special peds at the end,
- Create custom inspector for ped - it will display info from ped definition
- Pin windows - pinned windows are visible even when pause menu is not
- Remove editor scripts for destroying player model
- Remove unneeded assets
- Bug when ped gets down to low heights (trying to move him back to starting location, and causing shaking)
- Work on a menu like MTA:SA (F1)
- Dev profiles for the keyboard & mouse controls - ??
- Health, stats (stamina, stength), money & armor system - no need for this until weapons are implemented
- Two driving camera modes (aim to front and free look)
- Multiple car cameras: exterior (3 distance switches), interior & cinematic
- AI System for Peds
- Peds (and worker peds) - ??
- Import: AI paths, character spawn info, item pickups,
- Cars & fuel stations can explode
- Other vehicles: airplanes, helicopters, bikes, boats
- Wheel explosion (we have to convert colliders, from a capsule collider generate a mesh collider with the shape of a capsule)
- In-game input manager
- Repair cars with key
- CLI parameter for Console app to know where to connect (an IP)
- Collapse message logs
- Read sounds from GTA SA Streams: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~creideiki/radio-free-san-andreas/
- Make a paragraph for those categories: https://i.gyazo.com/07490f1d389fb3c4d6363e8d9810c0c1.png - ??
- Implement map zoom (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10694397/how-to-zoom-in-using-mouse-position-on-that-image)
Effects & Enhancements
- Jump, swim & fall animations (fall maybe reemplaced with rigidbody physics, when there is a big jump)
- Water effects (Swim, bouyancy, get darker and blurry the deeper you get)
- Work on props (lampposts, fences, etc)
- Decal system for Weapons
- Burnout trace
- Vehicle damage
- Dust and water particles with vehicles (cars travelling through dirt and boats, respectively)
- Stars, clouds and enviroment enhances
- Speed effect
- Weather system
- Enhance car lights, turning, doors and braking
Bugs to fix
- Why is the sky always black ? - check quality settings
- car lights can't be turned off
- blinkers are not working correctly
- NRE is thrown when no scene is opened
- Delete profile devs
- Read all radarxx.txd that are available
- Have to fix this problem, modifying somehow Assembly Importer GUI to add to mark or something like that is saved to avoid it's compilation (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454006273751515163/455029337821806592/unknown.png) - It's fixed, but now the inspector looks ugly - ??
- Weird circular shadow appears when drving and the car passes next to a building that projects a shadow (low quality)
- Car moves when the player is still getting inside it
- Auto-zoom with big vehicles
- Some cars have its suppension too low to allow them to move
- Cars sometimes spawn under other cars, which causes those cars to jump
- Make cars spawn in their zone
- When vehicles are damaged, light goes weird
- Once vehicles are despawned they don't re-spawn
- In some cases damages to vehicles aren't performed at first collision
- Colors for debug messages in console
- HTML (from logger) indent is not perfect
- Console Application is not launching on build (CLI was checked and works properly)
- Sometimes in old gpus, all goes black, like for example here (https://i.gyazo.com/b3a682b86ab0808ca132bad803194cab.mp4) the way of fixing this is running Unity Editor under --force-glcore and going to Assets > Reimport all
- Cars stop when they are falling:
- Lag when instantiating new lights
- Curent socket system only allows messages of 8KBs
- Files with .log extension is printed in hexadecimal on Sublime Text (change extension)
- The scripts must read infinite radarXX.txd textures
- Implement polar rotation system for camera
Must be reviewed
- Check Profiler to see what is taking performance
- If you regenerate scripts while running, Unity Editor crashes (patch it?)
- Running with --force-glcore makes Unity Editor slower when near objects have to be rendered
- Car break light system doesn't work fine ?
- HUGE REFACTOR (compiling Assembly into DLLs will solve most problems) - what problems ??
- Minimap size should depend on screen resolution
UPDATE v1.2 (Oct. 7 2018) -- Major changes:
- Aiming with AIMWITHARM weapons
- Fixed parsing weapons data
- Weapons can have ammo
- Damage system
- Reworked settings
- Many improvements and bug fixes
Additional Project Links
PS VITA / PS TV (UPDATED to v1.2) - A new project (Unity-SA) porting GTA: San Andreas to Unity
By STLcardsWS on Sep 29, 2018 at 9:47 AM
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.0 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-27-2019): Version 2.3.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
[UPDATE -v1.02] Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesUpdate: Version 1.02 Released Adds Game Mode C (Gang Mode) for PS4 / PSVita / Windows
Following the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- thet htoo aung