Updating PS4 to 5.05

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by Phil, Jul 23, 2018.

1. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

today I'm going to update to 5.05 but would like to know what the latest and easiest way to block further system updates when its connected to the internet once on 5.05, I have good pc if that helps but will wait for a pros advice as am quite a noob with the ps4, @pinky what do you say I've seen a few tutorials from you on here and you seem to know your stuff what would you recommend

2. 13,036
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I'm about to try being completely offline with the sandisk connect. from what I understand, it will broadcast its own network which you can connect to. drop the exploit files on to it, type in the ip of the device in the browser, and there you go. I've not tried it yet. I'm still waiting on the device.

another option is to block updates from your pc. my ps4 tutorial should block all of them to the point to where it will error if you try to sign in to update. there may be a dns you can use as well.

another way I know of is it use the update blocker payload. that will create two folders in the update folder. when the system tries to download an update, it will error. imo, this one is risky since you won't know if it's working 'til the update fails or you look via ftp for the folders.

Phil likes this.
  3. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

apriciated for that will let yous know how things go

4. 13,036
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

you might want to do the second two for game updates, then move on to the first one to be completely offline. you can check the min firmware for the latest updates here: https://ps4database.io/ you can download updates from that site as well, but they're not fake signed. if you're getting the game by other means <wink, wink> other than dumping the games with the app dumper, you might want to find the update fake signed as well, 'cause a legit update won't work with a fake signed game. I've dumped all of my games and only street fighter v has the latest update higher than 5.05. the update folder for it, at least on my system, contains two update pkgs, so updates may not overwrite each other. I'm not sure on that one. both updates are the same size though (over 9GBs apiece), so I don't really know.

5. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

nice one for this @pinky I know the ps3 and wiiu inside out now (wiiu thanks to you if I recall) but I'm a total noob with the ps4, looking forward to see what I can do with it tho more looking forward to homebrew as its released as opposed to games, there's not many games I don't own except the newer ones which correct me if im wrong, cant be played yet on 5.05

also seen unreleased 5.55 exploits floating about do you think these will be release when ofw 6.00 comes out

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  6. 13,036
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

they may be waiting for the eol of the system. or waiting for a new firmware to drop. or waiting for a new exploit to be found in case it's patched. my guess is that it's one of those three possibilities.

Phil likes this.
  7. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

@pinky I have a 3tb hdd full of purchased games from my other ofw console, is there a way to back these up on my 5.05 console, my account aint on the 5.05 for obvs reasons which the games are tied to

8. 13,036
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

not that I know of. the games would have to be decryptable which would require the account and system they were purchased on. afaik, there's no way around this.

Phil likes this.
  9. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

maybe in the future as wouldn't mind my library backed up, how would I go about fake signing a game to work on the console from pkg format if possible

10. 13,036
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

to make a fake signed pkg - you must dump the game with app dumper (gives percentages 'til completion by default every minute but can be altered; then, the system will shut down also by default which can be altered). then, you create a gp4 with gengp4. the gengp4 will act as a cue file for every file in the game. lastly, you open up fake pkg generator, link that to the gp4, and build the pkg. you might get warnings but ignore them. the only thing you need to worry about is errors.