PS3HEN USB drive fix

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by OtukpoNinja, Jul 9, 2019.

1. 2
    OtukpoNinja

OtukpoNinja Forum Noob

Good day all, I created an account just to ask this question, i have checked practically the whole web but no solution so far, this is my last bus stop, i am having an issue with my jailbroken ps3, i use the ps3 to play ps2 iso backups games making use of multiman and the rebug firmware, but i have noticed that i cant make use of the usb ports while playing ps2 backups, am trying to add codebreaker codes using day1 files via the usb ports but it is not just working.
    below are the two things that do not work with only PS2 backups

first is the usb ports
    second the wireless internet.

is there any fix for these, expecially the usb ports and lastly is it possible to make a visual usb drive for ps2 iso just as Memory cards a created.

Thanks in Advance, you guys are doing a great job for the Gaming Society.

2. 1,533
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

See this link for an explanation of what you're experiencing.
    In other words, functions of the firmware on LVL2 (the 'main OS' if you will) are unloaded when the LVL1 PS2 emulator is running. This explains why you're unable to use USB or WiFi when you're playing a PS2 backup, and since it's self-contained and acts like an operating system itself, I don't believe there's a fix for it as it's simply the internal workings of the PS3.
    Not entirely sure what you mean, but virtual PS2 memory cards need to be assigned to slots from the XMB before a PS2 backup is launched, since you cannot do so once the game is running using the PS button as you can with PS1 backups. Hope this clears a couple of things up. :)

jcorrea likes this.
  3. 2
    OtukpoNinja

OtukpoNinja Forum Noob

Thanks For the clarification
    Back to Adding Codes Manually