Vita Advice

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by xtoad, Feb 22, 2018.

1. 11
    xtoad

xtoad Member

Hey all!

I need some input... My (HENkaku hacked) vita is currently activated and on my main PSN account... I pretty much exclusively use it for emulators, homebrew and adrenaline (replacing my 3 old PSP's). I have bought all the games I wanted to play (most on my PSN account). I am not super interested in online Vita stuff. I think I have read enough that seems to suggest while getting banned for a hacked vita is possible, it is not likely if pirating and online gaming are not attempted (please correct me if I am wrong).

So my question is: In the current state of Vita hacking, and to eliminate any risk of getting banned (Happened before. Sucks. Not eager to go through it again and lose my library), should I deactivate, go Enso and be done with it?

I don't lose anything except the possibility of getting banned, right? If I were a more nefarious individual, I could even download and use backups of my purchased games, correct?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to being told 'search is your friend'...

2. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

If You logged into SEN on hacked console it is possible that You has been checked by bots and will be ban in future. There is no way to prevent it today or whatever in future on any of the devices. However Sony still didn't ban anyone for hacked Vita but they ban i.e a guy who used few years ago not proper user name which is not proper with today EULA, so... If You don't get ban in near future it doesn't mean You will not be ban after i.e 10 years. ;)

If You deactivate device, You will no longer be able to log in into SEN from this device and You will lost all activations data (maybe licenses too). Better solution is doing it from www but from there, You can deactivate all consoles stick to this account. And I don't see a sense doing it because they not only banning consoles but accounts. In case of ban You will only save the console. If You still want deactivate and doing this from console level, remember to making backup of all files related to Your account (find topic about Vita Backup and XML samples, based on them You will know what needed stuff is (because current releases doesn't backup all data so You must do this by hand using file manager)).

xtoad likes this.
  3. 11
    xtoad

xtoad Member

Hey thanks for the reply!

So you are suggesting that it doesn't matter, at this point, whether I deactivate or not if I have already ben on SEN with a hacked vita?

I should at least stay logged out of PSN through Vita settings right?

4. 11,167
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

it won't matter if you pirated or not. sony will still ban you if they detect cfw and cite piracy as the reason, because according to them, anyone with cfw is pirating software left and right.

5. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

If You already sign/connect to SEN on hacked console, then yeah it doesn't matter.
    But don't do this again. ;) Less activity, the better.

And as Pinky said, for Sony You broke license just by hacking console. It doesn't matter if You using pirated games or not. If they wish, they ban You and You can do nothing with it. That's why is important to not *ever* sign into SEN and don't blocking Sony domains on hacked devices. From my observations, Sony happy banning peoples playing online. If You don't playing online and have many purchases, it's probably in current policy, they spare You.