PS VITA / PS TV VITA/PSTV - Retroarch (Nightly Releases) now available

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 14, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 14, 2015 at 9:11 PM
  1. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

As we recently reported of a VITA / PSTV port of RetroArch that was under development from the official team. Since the time of that annoucement there has been significant progress on the project in the last couple of weeks. The team has now announced they have started Nightly Releases for this new port for RetroArch (frontend) and it's libretro core (emulators). The Nightly Releases are consider TESTING builds [break]sss[/break] as they are auto compiled at the end of each day hints the term "Nightly Releases" and some auto-compiled releases could cause procblems at times while in devlopment. So if you are easily discourage when you run into bugs, then you should await for when this port makes an official release.

RetroArch-Vita.JPG

Download: VITA Nightly Releases

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 14, 2015.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Best news I heard all day!! The Vita scene is brite and lively ATM hoping to get a chance to report on some stuff this evening as I have a ton of tasty info. If not tomorrow for sure as I have the day off.
    2. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      What about The ps3 port? Its been 2 months since the new version was released and there are no news of the ps3 version...
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Good things come to those who wait unless you want to compile the source. It's on github but the errors haven't all been worked out. Coding isn't an easy task especially when some of the team is missing.
    4. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      This is awesome news guys. I am so excited to see how far this will go and how many emulators it will encompass. Great job to the team involved with this port and release many many thanks. Cant wait to see this come to fruition for its full potential.
    5. JediKnight007
      JediKnight007
      Man, the Vita RetroArch port has only be worked on about a month or two, and we got it (albeit a testing version) before the PS3 version, which has been worked on for over a year.

There was a post on the Libretro forums that said the crash-on-exit bug had been fixed, and the release would be in a few days, here's the link..

Where is RetroArch 1.2 for the PS3?

At least there's a PS3 version coming - last time I checked, Xbox 360 development had stopped due to a lack of hardware.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      What makes the Vita/PSTV port worthwhile to me is the DynaRec, emulators lime N64 won't need a total overhaul like the PS3 with is PPC artitecture.
    7. Phil
      Phil
      I have a pstv running 3.52 is it possible to run this on that and if so could you point me to a tutorial to show me how. Thanks in advance
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Yes but you must use the PSP variant but you still cant use thst not yet. 3.52 blocks all forms of Native Vita homebrew so you are out kf luck there. And even then to use the PSP exploit and RetroARCH version you must wait on qwikrazors bubble method to remove the 1mb data restriction. You must get an exploit for your region. US Pool Hall Pro, EU Puzzle Scape, JP Rockman Rockman and do not update past 3.52 if a new update comes out until you have the exploit and bubble installed. I will write up a guide once this comes out.