Vita Shell and the imc partition

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Jul 30, 2017.

1. 11,587
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

does vita shell support this yet? I heard that it does, but I have no option for it on my pstv. I'm running 1.62 btw. thanks!

edit: apparently, it doesn't show up if u have no memory card inserted even if u mount ur usb drive as ux0? is that right?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. 11,587
    pinky

alright, I found the option. it's in the same window as mounting usb as ux0/uma0. however, the option is greyed out on my pstv. does anyone know y that is?

3. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You can't mount imc0 without real memory card inserted.

pinky likes this.
  4. 11,587
    pinky

that's what I figured. the latest vita shell update came out after I became memory card less, so it's always been greyed out for me. thanks for the response, kozy. I just need some reassurance that what I was thinking was correct.

5. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Looking at code I think this is bug, and imc0 should be grayed out only in case if is already mounted or when don't exist. But for some reason is grayed also without mc.

pinky likes this.
  6. 11,587
    pinky

I figured it must be some sort of bug since it doesn't make sense to have it greyed out while mounting usb as ux0. I see someone on gbatemp has this same issue, but I don't know if he's memory card less. I never had a memory card when usb mounting as ux0 became a thing. it's somewhat dangerous to be memory card less though unless u have a cma backup of ur games minus the usb drive being mounted, because rebuilding the database deletes everything. that's what was forced on me by enso. I'm not sure if usb mounting is possible for a rebuilding of the database though as I had already fixed my issue before the new usbmc. sorry, I got a bit off track there. I've encountered several bugs with enso and a few bugs with vita shell/usbmc, so I've been very frustrated with it.

edit: I think I've got all my problems fixed, minus this, including @Berion 's theme. I know that imc wasn't working before I installed enso as well, so it's never worked for me.

7. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Yeah my first meet with enso also wasn't smooth to be honest. But now is getting better and better. :) Things starting to work, and with @CelesteBlue compression fix all plugins work again. :) Enso is starting to work like i want it. :)

8. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

How large is imc0? Is there also duplicated stuff from ur0/ux0? I really hate this total mess and dreaming about clean partition for my needs, even tiny to just keep everything from been trashed by system every time when it's mounted. ;p

@pinky What kind of problem? I believe it's not problem with Phalaris but with skinning system and relinking design. Problem will disappear if someone find a way to build vita skin package and a way to install it without messing with dev shell and so on. ;)

9. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    imc0 is that ux0 when you have no card. 1GB.

Berion likes this.
  10. 11,587
    pinky

it wasn't an issue with the theme. what happened is that I had to reformat the internal memory card in order to use it, which seems to be a bug when uninstalling enso. I think that might also be the cause of the mbr mismatch error when reinstalling enso. I ignored the error since it was just a pstv, and everything is working correctly. anyway, since I had to reformat the internal memory card, ur theme wasn't being detected since the app.db pointed to a location (the customtheme folder) that no longer existed. I've since corrected it since ur theme was on my flash drive, so it's linked to that ux0. ;)

11. 11,587
    pinky

yeah, I encountered several issues. now, everything is working as it should aside from that bug with vita shell. I just need to do my vita next. I still have a memory card for that system, so it won't be a pain if I have to rebuild the database. I did backup my memory card with qcma a few months ago just in case something were to ever go wrong. :) plus, the sd2vita driver works from the get go. I don't have my sd2vita card yet though, so I'm not in a rush to install enso on my vita. I spent hours last night trying to get usbmc to work without knowing that it didn't work with the pstv until today. I thought that was the original purpose of the driver? does that mean u can mount a usb drive as ux0 with the vita? kinda awkward 'cause isn't the usb port facing u whenever u play a game?

12. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Very important is to backup tm0:npdrm/act.dat before using enso

Yes. 3g adapter is basically usb. That's purpose.

pinky likes this.
  13. 11,587
    pinky

I'll remember to do that next time I'm on my pstv.

I see. good to know!

I feel that there should've been warnings about some bugs when initially installing or uninstalling enso. whenever I tried an app.db that I ripped from a qcma backup, it wouldn't work. it would consistently say that the database was corrupted. maybe there r more checks with the metadata? I even tried adding the appmeta folder since I backed that up for both my pstv's and vita's. that didn't work either, so I'm surprised that a "full" qcma backup worked at all. I did try uploading all of the ur0 content on to my system hoping that would work as well. it didn't work either. that was for a different backup than the one I used, but it was just the usb acting as ux0. that was the only difference, so all content was backed up. I even backed up each individual game just in case something were to happen. I'm sure glad I did. :)

14. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

@kozarovv Great, it's three times more than I need.

It's not only activation data. There are 5 activation files + settings + profile.
    Istny pierdolnik. ;]

kozarovv likes this.