A new project called Vita3k is in the early stages and is an Experimental PS Vita Emulators for Windows and MacOS. Currently commercial games does not run but various homebrew has been running such as Quake & VitaTester (among some other other utilities). This emulator has a long road ahead but has already progressed nicely as well. Will "Vita3k" be to the Vita, what PPSSPP was to PSP emulation, time will only tell. Also if you would like contribute to the project you can find the source code hosted @ github, you can find that link at bottom of the article:. (Thanks to @kozarovv for this news alert)
Vita3K is an experimental PlayStation Vita emulator for Windows and macOS.
Why is it needed?
- With the PlayStation Vita approaching end-of-life, there has never been a more important time to preserve compatibility with the existing PS Vita software library.
- Given that the PS4 doesn't run PS Vita software (or even PS3 or PSP software for that matter), we can't rely on Sony to maintain compatibility with PS Vita software in the future. We need to step up and build that compatibility ourselves.
- Audio support
- First release (Windows, macOS, source code)
- Continuous Integration to build releases automatically
- Support .psv (game card backup) file format
- Ongoing work to improve and expand compatibility
- Ongoing work to improve performance
Feature wish list
- Network play
- High resolution rendering
- Custom shaders
- The emulator currently runs a few homebrew programs in .vpk format. No commercial games are playable. vitaQuake by Rinnegatamante &,VitaTester by SMOKE5
- The emulator does not yet have a front end. Please specify the path to a .vpk file as the first command line argument.
Bugs and issues
- The project is at an early stage, so please be sensitive to that when opening new issues. Expect crashes, glitches, low compatibility and poor performance.
- Thanks go out to people who offered advice or otherwise made this project possible, such as Davee, korruptor, Rinnegatamante, ScHlAuChi, Simon Kilroy, TheFlow, xerpi, xyz, Yifan Lu and many others.
- If you would like to show your appreciation or even help fund development, the project has a Patreon page.
- The purpose of the emulator is not to enable illegal activity.
- PlayStation and PS Vita are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. The emulator is not related to or endorsed by Sony, or derived from confidential materials belonging to Sony.
Vita3K is licensed under the GPLv2 license. This is largely dictated by external dependencies, most notably Unicorn.
CMake is used to generate Visual Studio and Xcode project files. It is assumed that you have CMake installed and on your path. Other dependencies are provided as Git submodules or as prebuilt binaries.
Windows (Visual Studio)
- Run gen.bat to create a build-windows directory and generate a Visual Studio solution in there.
- Open the Vita3K.sln solution.
- Set the startup project to emulator.
- Run gen.sh to create a build-macos directory and generate an Xcode project in there.
- Open the Vita3K.xcodeproj project.
- When prompted to create schemes, create one for the emulator target only. The project builds many targets, so it will make your life easier if you create schemes as needed.
PS VITA / PS TV Vita3K - A new Playstation Vita emulator in development !!
By kozarovv on Jan 28, 2018 at 7:44 AM
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- oscar ramos
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett