Here is new utility that is a welcome sight to the PS Vita / PlayStation TV community as developer Arkanite releases VitaPad++ (which do not get confused with VitaPad which is a completely different app with different functions). This text-editor with tons of functionality is a handy tool but developer has packed alot of additional functionality and features that makes this such a great utility even for developers who might want to edit / review and source code on the go, There is already great features but also see the roadmap and it should serve as a great addition to he Henkaku Library of homebrew . Additional details of this latest GekiHEN Contest Entry, note as of writing this news we have 1 day and about 12 hours (counter in our forum) until the deadline for submitted entries.
VitaPad++ (by Arkanite)
VitaPad++ is a portable notepad and source code editor for the Playstation Vita.This project initially started as a simple text editor and has grown to support such features as:
- Line numbering.
- Multi language syntax highlighting.
- On-screen Developer keyboard.
- Tab indexing.
- Full touch support.
- Multi file handling.
- File manager.
- Auto-view positioning.
- and more.
VitaPadd++ can also be set as a standard notepad editor and has a range of configurations to personalize as you like.
You can keep track of development and the features road map over at the Git repository.
- SELECT - Open/Close Menu.
- CROSS - Show/Hide Keyboard.
- SQUARE - (In Editor) Backspace.
- CIRCLE - (In Menu) Back navigate.
- L.TRIGGER - Previous file.
- R.TRIGGER - Next file.
- D-PAD - (In Editor) Line navigation.
- FRONT TOUCH - Full interaction, incl auto-keyboard calling and document scrolling.
v0.3 - BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Add - dialog on incompatible files.
- Add - DPad hold seeking (all directions).
- Add - circle btn to back cycle through setting menu.
- Add - dialog on max files open.
- Add - syntax auto load on known file extension (saving/loading).
- Add - settings option - set auto Tabbing (off/single/double).
- Add - US Dev keyboard (incl TAB).
- Add - automatic Keyboard calling on touch.
- Add - Multiple open files (max of 4 "currently").
- Add - <-- Line bookmarking.
- Add - File browser.
- Add - Basic hold text selection (no interaction yet).
- Fix - layout width issue on file switching.
- Fix - 'last browse dir' not saved when closing file manager.
- Fix - unwanted scroll on keyboard interaction.
- Fix - caret positioning issue while menu open.
- Fix - files not loaded if filename contains special characters.
- Sub - removed native keyboard.
v0.2- BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - Basic touch support (line indexing, column indexing & scroll)
- Add - Syntax highlighting (C, C++, Java)
- Add - File save/close.
- Add - Settings menu (with a massive 1 option)
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Fix - DPad navigation can go outside max line count.
ver 0.5 - 0.6
- Find/Replace/Mark feature.
- Style Configurator (user defined syntax & UI colours).
- File auto-caching and auto save.
- Selection interaction (cut/copy/past/delete/apply upper-case/apply lower-case).
- Keyboard update (fn/pgUp/pgDn/Home/End/Insert/Delete/Numpad).
- Print Screen (screenshots).
- URL and email interaction.
- Syntax VitaSDK and common libraries.
- Font face and size selection (Editor and UI).
- Performance improvements and code cleanup.
- Git support.
- Spell checker.
- User defined 'safe'/'unsafe' modes.
- Code autocomplete.
- Compare files feature (split screen).
- Custom keyboard skinning.
- vitasdk developers : for the sdk
- all contributors behind libvita2d
Download: VitaPad++ (v0.3)Source: GekiHEN.xyz
PS VITA / PS TV VitaPad++ v0.3 (by Arkanite) - A New & Impressive Text Editor (& More) for Henkaku
By STLcardsWS on Mar 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM
BGFTP v1.0 (by GrapheneCt): Background FTP server for transfering file to your VitaDeveloper GrapheneCt has released BGFTP, a new FTP server that works in the background. It does not matter if your in-game or sleep mode or hanging around the Live Area, The FTP transfers are always working while the developer says this will not impact any performance of the running task, but does add a warning that transfer can be slowed down since they are running on Reserved System Cores and will be knocked to low priority on those reserves, but nonetheless a great way to transfer files from your PC (or other devices servicing as a FTP server) to either your homebrew enabled PS Vita or the PlayStation TV (aka vita tv)..Continue reading
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: