Here is new utility that is a welcome sight to the PS Vita / PlayStation TV community as developer Arkanite releases VitaPad++ (which do not get confused with VitaPad which is a completely different app with different functions). This text-editor with tons of functionality is a handy tool but developer has packed alot of additional functionality and features that makes this such a great utility even for developers who might want to edit / review and source code on the go, There is already great features but also see the roadmap and it should serve as a great addition to he Henkaku Library of homebrew . Additional details of this latest GekiHEN Contest Entry, note as of writing this news we have 1 day and about 12 hours (counter in our forum) until the deadline for submitted entries.
VitaPad++ (by Arkanite)
VitaPad++ is a portable notepad and source code editor for the Playstation Vita.This project initially started as a simple text editor and has grown to support such features as:
- Line numbering.
- Multi language syntax highlighting.
- On-screen Developer keyboard.
- Tab indexing.
- Full touch support.
- Multi file handling.
- File manager.
- Auto-view positioning.
- and more.
VitaPadd++ can also be set as a standard notepad editor and has a range of configurations to personalize as you like.
You can keep track of development and the features road map over at the Git repository.
- SELECT - Open/Close Menu.
- CROSS - Show/Hide Keyboard.
- SQUARE - (In Editor) Backspace.
- CIRCLE - (In Menu) Back navigate.
- L.TRIGGER - Previous file.
- R.TRIGGER - Next file.
- D-PAD - (In Editor) Line navigation.
- FRONT TOUCH - Full interaction, incl auto-keyboard calling and document scrolling.
v0.3 - BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Add - dialog on incompatible files.
- Add - DPad hold seeking (all directions).
- Add - circle btn to back cycle through setting menu.
- Add - dialog on max files open.
- Add - syntax auto load on known file extension (saving/loading).
- Add - settings option - set auto Tabbing (off/single/double).
- Add - US Dev keyboard (incl TAB).
- Add - automatic Keyboard calling on touch.
- Add - Multiple open files (max of 4 "currently").
- Add - <-- Line bookmarking.
- Add - File browser.
- Add - Basic hold text selection (no interaction yet).
- Fix - layout width issue on file switching.
- Fix - 'last browse dir' not saved when closing file manager.
- Fix - unwanted scroll on keyboard interaction.
- Fix - caret positioning issue while menu open.
- Fix - files not loaded if filename contains special characters.
- Sub - removed native keyboard.
v0.2- BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - Basic touch support (line indexing, column indexing & scroll)
- Add - Syntax highlighting (C, C++, Java)
- Add - File save/close.
- Add - Settings menu (with a massive 1 option)
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Fix - DPad navigation can go outside max line count.
ver 0.5 - 0.6
- Find/Replace/Mark feature.
- Style Configurator (user defined syntax & UI colours).
- File auto-caching and auto save.
- Selection interaction (cut/copy/past/delete/apply upper-case/apply lower-case).
- Keyboard update (fn/pgUp/pgDn/Home/End/Insert/Delete/Numpad).
- Print Screen (screenshots).
- URL and email interaction.
- Syntax VitaSDK and common libraries.
- Font face and size selection (Editor and UI).
- Performance improvements and code cleanup.
- Git support.
- Spell checker.
- User defined 'safe'/'unsafe' modes.
- Code autocomplete.
- Compare files feature (split screen).
- Custom keyboard skinning.
- vitasdk developers : for the sdk
- all contributors behind libvita2d
Download: VitaPad++ (v0.3)Source: GekiHEN.xyz
PS VITA / PS TV VitaPad++ v0.3 (by Arkanite) - A New & Impressive Text Editor (& More) for Henkaku
By STLcardsWS on Mar 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM
[Update July 21th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (July 21) - Now the 19th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - May 2019 Progress Report - 1337 pl4y4bl3 ~ 1337 1n64m3 :)That can't be an accident. Following up after the impressive Progress Report last Month, where we learned that over >40% of all PS3 Game Titles are now fully "Playable", today the great Team behind the PS3 Emulator RPCS3 showcases their newest Progress Report for May 2019 with another milestone. If you are a long follower of their great Project or maybe you are even enjoying your PS3 Game Titles on your PC right now (because "why not"?), you will be already familiar with the fact that most of the Game Titles tested on RPCS3 will at least boot up, but then you will experience Graphical Glitches, huge Slow-Downs or even you aren't able to play a Game Title to the End, which is sad (Damn you "Narco Terror" and "The Expendables 2: Videogame" why you still aren't bootable? :P). This is why in the past, the "Ingame" Status comprised most Game Titles in every Compatibility List. But for the first Time since it's Initial Release, the "Playable" Category ties the first place together with the "Ingame" Category with both 1337 Game Titles each. This means whatever Game Title you choose to play via RPCS3, there is a 43.71% Chance that it will be at least "Ingame". That's impressive don't you think? Oh, and sorry for the leetspeak at the Title. I mean come on, we are talking about 1337 Game Titles fully "Playable".Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-27-2019): Version 2.3.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: