It was a couple of weeks ago when developer Rinnegatamante tweeted about the progress of VitaQuake II with Hardware Acceleration (vs previous Software rendering). We have seen the dev already do this with VitaQuake and we are seeing other projects support VitaGL which is providing Hardware rendering of various Homebrew's. Another great Vita project powered by VitaGL recently was VitaXash3D which allows you to play Half-Life on your Vita & PlayStation TV (VitaTV). Hardware Acceleration will improve the graphical and gameplay experience and also make new things playable that were not once able to, like half-life. but now Quake II get the attention and from v1.5+ the Vita port will be with HW Acceleration. This should be one of the best looking version by a long shot, so give it a test run and enjoy some soundtracks as the dev has also fixed MP3 Support (Soundtrack Support), See full changes below.
vitaQuakeII v.1.5 available for download, now with hardware acceleration!!!Changelog:
- Switched from software rendering to hardware accelerated rendering ith vitaGL.
- Moved from mixed 480x272/960x544 resolution to full native 960x544 resolution.
- Fixed native screenshot feature (Scr_Screenshot). Now works as intended.
- Added a "limit framerate" voice in Options menu to cap framerate to 30.
- Added a "show fps" voice in Video menu to show framerate while playing.
- Fixed mp3 support for CDAudio soundtrack. Now works as intended.
- Added "render shadows" voice in Video menu to enable/disable entities shadows rendering.
- Improved right analog aiming sensibility (thanks to rsn8887/ShroomKing).
vitaQuakeII is a port of Quake II for PSVITA. At the moment vitaQuakeII has unique features like dualshock rumbling when player get hit and an internal render rescaler. It supports also double analogs for comfortable gameplay, online and locale multiplayer with featured servers, soundtracks support, sounds support and a lot more stuffs
- Native 960x544 resolution!
- Hardware acceleration thanks to vitaGL
- Sound and Soundtrack support
- Support for shareware and full versions of Quake
- Native support to both PSVITA analogs
- Unique features like dualshock rumbling, fps counter, ...
- Variable camera sensibility for right analog in option menu
- Multiplayer with support for both locale and online games with featured online servers
- Left Analog = Move player
- DPad UP = Use item
- DPad Left/Right = Select item
- DPAD Down = Drop item
- Right Analog = Move camera
- X = Jump
- O = Crouch
- R Trigger / Square = Shoot
- Triangle = Change Weapon
- L Trigger = Run
- Select = Show Mission (Singleplayer) / Scores (Multiplayer)
- - Place the quake2 folder in ux0:/data
- vitaQuakeII offers 5 different pre-selected servers in the serverlist from different places (Australia, Russia, France, USA): 4 are deatmatch servers, one is a co-op server.
Current available pre-selected servers:
- DeVelox (Deatmatch 8 players FRANCE)
- QW.org.pl (Deatmatch 8 players POLAND)
- ISP WEBA (Deatmatch 16 players RUSSIA)
- tastypleen.net:classic (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- desync.com (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- planetmnh.16mb.com (Co-op 14 players AUSTRALIA)
What the Data files actually include:
- Quake II demo data files. (Note: full version must be obtained yourself)
- Complete soundtrack in .ogg format.
- Several multiplayer maps used by pre-selected servers.
- - idSoftware for winQuake engine.
- - MasterFeizz for Quake2Ctr source i used as base for the port.
- - xerpi for vita2dlib.
- - gnmmarechal and bhunterzor for testing the homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV VitaQuakeII v1.5 - Hardware Acceleration now added by Rinnegatamante
By STLcardsWS on Mar 10, 2018 at 10:19 AM
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
[Update x2] RetroArch (PS2) Preview (includes 2 cores) - Introducing New Nigthly PS2 ReleasesUpdate (2x): Reports are coming in this PS2 Homebrew is also working on PS3 HAN & PS4 (5.05).
With progress making headway on the upcoming PS4 port of RetroArch from a group of developer's, Another developer (fjtrujy) started progress on a PlayStation 2 (PS2) port several months back (view previous progress) and now has a port that progressed enough for a public soft release, Now available in the new RetroArch PS2 Nighties for anyone interested in downloading and trying out the multi-system emulator on your homebrew capable PS2 hardware. @fjtrujy warns that many things need implemented yet and many pending issue remain and only these early release contains two cores currently 2048 and QuickNES. Which is likely to grow and a good gauge to base what is expected for the PS2 port, Would be to view the PSP as that should be a good baseline of what to expect and the PS2 may be able to handy more then the PSP likely.Continue reading
2018 - Year in Review: "Kernel Exploits, New Cryptographic Failures and a (tiny) new Console" [Poll]2018 is over and it was a very interesting Year, not only for you as a Gamer, but also for PSX-Place. We saw many Releases across all platforms, like several Kernel- and Web Exploits for the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Vita caught a strong year as well, especially back in December, but also the PS3 was still very popular with many updated Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.82 for instance. We also saw some newcomers like the PlayStation Classic, where everyone knows how bad Sony designed it and why we (the Homebrew-Community) has to fix it. But in case you missed something, this Article will give you an overview what happend so far in 2018 for the whole PlayStation-family. And to round things up, there is a small Poll you can find down below where you can vote for your favourite Console of last year. Every Vote is welcome.
But what will 2019 bring to you? It's still early to say but maybe Sony will satisfy the all Gamer who asks for a "PS5". But the PS4 is still a powerful machine don't you think? Maybe we will see a new Kernel Exploit for a higher System Firmware with the hope that it will lead into a proper Homebrew Community. But however the end result will be, we hope that you will stay faithful to our Community, so you won't miss any action in 2019. And speaking of that, we wish everyone a Happy New Year 2019 and may your dreams/wishes come true.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName