It was a couple of weeks ago when developer Rinnegatamante tweeted about the progress of VitaQuake II with Hardware Acceleration (vs previous Software rendering). We have seen the dev already do this with VitaQuake and we are seeing other projects support VitaGL which is providing Hardware rendering of various Homebrew's. Another great Vita project powered by VitaGL recently was VitaXash3D which allows you to play Half-Life on your Vita & PlayStation TV (VitaTV). Hardware Acceleration will improve the graphical and gameplay experience and also make new things playable that were not once able to, like half-life. but now Quake II get the attention and from v1.5+ the Vita port will be with HW Acceleration. This should be one of the best looking version by a long shot, so give it a test run and enjoy some soundtracks as the dev has also fixed MP3 Support (Soundtrack Support), See full changes below.
vitaQuakeII v.1.5 available for download, now with hardware acceleration!!!Changelog:
- Switched from software rendering to hardware accelerated rendering ith vitaGL.
- Moved from mixed 480x272/960x544 resolution to full native 960x544 resolution.
- Fixed native screenshot feature (Scr_Screenshot). Now works as intended.
- Added a "limit framerate" voice in Options menu to cap framerate to 30.
- Added a "show fps" voice in Video menu to show framerate while playing.
- Fixed mp3 support for CDAudio soundtrack. Now works as intended.
- Added "render shadows" voice in Video menu to enable/disable entities shadows rendering.
- Improved right analog aiming sensibility (thanks to rsn8887/ShroomKing).
vitaQuakeII is a port of Quake II for PSVITA. At the moment vitaQuakeII has unique features like dualshock rumbling when player get hit and an internal render rescaler. It supports also double analogs for comfortable gameplay, online and locale multiplayer with featured servers, soundtracks support, sounds support and a lot more stuffs
- Native 960x544 resolution!
- Hardware acceleration thanks to vitaGL
- Sound and Soundtrack support
- Support for shareware and full versions of Quake
- Native support to both PSVITA analogs
- Unique features like dualshock rumbling, fps counter, ...
- Variable camera sensibility for right analog in option menu
- Multiplayer with support for both locale and online games with featured online servers
- Left Analog = Move player
- DPad UP = Use item
- DPad Left/Right = Select item
- DPAD Down = Drop item
- Right Analog = Move camera
- X = Jump
- O = Crouch
- R Trigger / Square = Shoot
- Triangle = Change Weapon
- L Trigger = Run
- Select = Show Mission (Singleplayer) / Scores (Multiplayer)
- - Place the quake2 folder in ux0:/data
- vitaQuakeII offers 5 different pre-selected servers in the serverlist from different places (Australia, Russia, France, USA): 4 are deatmatch servers, one is a co-op server.
Current available pre-selected servers:
- DeVelox (Deatmatch 8 players FRANCE)
- QW.org.pl (Deatmatch 8 players POLAND)
- ISP WEBA (Deatmatch 16 players RUSSIA)
- tastypleen.net:classic (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- desync.com (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- planetmnh.16mb.com (Co-op 14 players AUSTRALIA)
What the Data files actually include:
- Quake II demo data files. (Note: full version must be obtained yourself)
- Complete soundtrack in .ogg format.
- Several multiplayer maps used by pre-selected servers.
- - idSoftware for winQuake engine.
- - MasterFeizz for Quake2Ctr source i used as base for the port.
- - xerpi for vita2dlib.
- - gnmmarechal and bhunterzor for testing the homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV VitaQuakeII v1.5 - Hardware Acceleration now added by Rinnegatamante
By STLcardsWS on Mar 10, 2018 at 10:19 AM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: