Rinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:
v.0.9 available for download introducing experimental Urban Terror support! Urban Terror core is still experimental and the game itself requires A LOT of resources (standard Urban Terror executable requires 500 MBs on PC while on Vita i managed to get a max of 305 MB for vitaQuakeIII). Expect graphical glitches and crashes with it but you can start trying it from this version.
- - Added data files downloader when game data files are missing.
- - Updated to latest vitaGL commit.
- - Optimized renderer (both speed and memory usage wise).
- - Added dynamic libraries support to OpenArena core (drastic performance boost).
- - Fixed several issues related to dynarec that might cause app crashes.
- - Fixed a memory leak in dynamic libraries unloader.
- - Made r_noportals a configurable setting (Development purpose, DO NOT TOUCH THIS yet).
- - Added a check that prevents screen to power off.
- - Fixed an issue in skyboxes rendering that might have caused messed up sky rendering in some maps.
- - Now loading mods/missionpacks from inside the application works as expected.
- - Enabled the background rendering on main menu.
- - Added (experimental) Urban Terror support.
vitaQuakeIII is a port of Quake 3: Arena and Quake 3: Team Arena based on ioquake3 engine.
It's still in current BETA stage so expect bugs and unstable framerate but as of now it's already enjoyable for playing. I suggest NOT TO MESS UP with Setup menu since the release will have an already tweaked config file that should offer a good framerate without downgrading too much graphics. If you want to change some settings, edit q3config file inside baseq3 folder.
How to use lower resolutions:
To use lower resolutions to improve framerate more, edit in q3config file the r_mode parameter to:
0 = 480x272
1 = 640x368
2 = 720x408
3 = 960x544
DPad or Left Analog = Move character
Right Analog/Touchscreen = Move Camera
L = Aim
R = Shoot
Cross = Jump
Square = Crouch
Circle = Use Item
Triangle = Change in use weapon
Start = Pause
Select = Show Score
How to use full game files:
- To use full game files, you'll need data files updated to latest patch available.
- Place pk3 files from baseq3 folder to ux0:data/ioq3/baseq3 folder for standard game and pk3 files from missionpack folder to ux0:data/ioq3/missionpack folder for Quake 3: Team Arena.
Regarding OpenArena core:
OpenArena core is highly experimental (even more than Team Arena one) so expect issues on larger scale:
1) It doesn't have dynamic libraries support for QVMs: This means game will have in general lower performances and will use dynarec.
2) Related to dynarec, it is unstable which means you have to expect crashes. You can solve this issue by forcing interpreter instead of dynarec (To do so, edit vm_ui, vm_game and vm_cgame values in ux0:data/openarena/baseoa/q3config.cfg from 0 to 1) but interpreter is A LOT slower than dynarec.
3) By default the core runs at 480x272 resolution. Framerate's already kinda bad but playable on relatively small maps. Increasing it to 960x544 is possible (look up to this post) but not recommended.
4) OpenArena core doesn't use OpenArena engine but still ioquake3 engine. This means some stuffs (especially in the renderer) are missing (eg. the particles renderer).
- Framerate is unstable, especially in Team Arena and OpenArena
- Character model is not properly rendered in Setup submenus
- 3D Icons in the in game HUD get covered from walls sometimes and from player weapon
- Attempting to launch Team Arena in game from Quake III causes a crash (use the Livearea icon)
- ioq3 developers for ioquake3 engine
- fgsfds for helping me implementing dynamic linking for shared libraries
- rsn8887 for the improved analogs sensitivity system
- Ch3lin for the Livearea assets
- All my Patreon supporters:
- Tain Sueiras
- The Vita3K project
- Count Duckula
- Daniel Krusenbaum
- Elwood Blues
- Thomas Würgler
- Eduardo Minguez
- Artūrs Lubāns
- Samuel Batista
- Troy Murray
- Jared Breland
- Lars Zondervan
- Gelson SilvaImportant Note
The Data Files contain the demo version of Quake III already setup to be played, a tweaked q3config file and shared libraries for both Quake III and Quake III: Team Arena. OpenArena full data files are also included.
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support added
By STLcardsWS on Jan 12, 2020 at 10:18 AM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: