Developer TheFlow updated his VitaShell to version 0.7 adding henkaku support and new features like background FTP and more. Also no longer needed stuff like signing PBOOT.PBP file was removed. HENkaku's molecularShell is also based on VitaShell so for now VitaShell v 0.7 is most up to date "shell" for PS Vita and PSTV.
VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file manager, package installer, built-in FTP and much more. Is absolute must have for every homebrew enabled PS Vita/PSTV.
VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file manager, package installer, built-in FTP and much more. This homebrew was an entry of the Revitalize PS Vita homebrew competition and won the first prize. HENkaku's molecularShell is also based on VitaShell.
- Ported to HENkaku (support for renaming/creating folders and for analog stick for fast movement).
- Added custom dialogs.
- Added graphics by Freakler.
- Added possibility to use FTP in background.
- I/O operations can now be cancelled.
- Removed misc stuff, shader compiler, homebrew loading, PBOOT.PBP signing, network host.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Team Molecule for HENkaku
- xerpi for ftpvitalib and vita2dlib
- wololo for the Revitalize contest
- Everybody who contributed on vitasdk
- Fixed size string of files, again.
- Optimized I/O operations regarding speed.
- Increased homebrew force-exit compatbility and stability.
- Added network host mountpoint.
- Added ability to compile shader programs (use the _v.cg suffix for vertexes and _f.cg for fragments).
- Finished photo viewer. Use the right analog stick to zoom in/out. Left analog stick to move. L/R to rotate and X/O to change display mode.
- Updated to newest vita2dlib which fixed many bugs with images.
- Improved 'New folder' by extending to 'New folder (X)', where 'X' is an increasing number.
- Improved message dialog texts.
- Limited filenames so it doesn't overlap with the size/folder text.
- Fixed infinite loop when copying the src to its subfolder by an error result.
- Fixed FTP client crashes and added support for Turboclient Android.
- Fixed alphabetical sorting, finally.
- Added experimental feature: Holding START to force exit homebrews.
- Added battery symbol by Ruben_Wolf.
- Switched to official PGF font.
- Changed triangle-menu animation to ease-out.
- Improved mark all/unmark all feature.
- Fixed percentage precision in progress bar.
- Fixed small bug in move operation.
- Added translation support. See translation_readme.txt for more details.
- Added move ability (only possible within same partition).
- Added tabulator support in text viewer.
- Removed 'Paste', 'Delete', 'Rename' and 'New folder' in read-only partitions.
- Fixed size string of files over 1GB.
- Fixed alphabetical sorting.
- Fixed battery percent bug being -1% on PSM Dev Assistant.
- Added ability to sign PSP homebrews.
- Added sleep prevention when using FTP, deleting and copying files.
- Added a scrollbar.
- Added date and time to info bar.
- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
- Added some cosmetic changes.
- Fixed crash when deleting marked entries.
- Copied entries now still rest in clipboard after pasting them.
- The application now cleans itself before launching homebrews.
PS VITA / PS TV VitaShell 0.7 released!
By kozarovv on Aug 6, 2016 at 7:11 AM
ReDream (DreamCast Emulator) Early Stages of porting to VITA & PSTV (RetroArch) from RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante whom we recently interviewed in the Power Supply Series and who has ported a Nintendo 64 emulator to the PS Vita / PS TV recently with the release of Deadalus x64. Has another emulation project that many will be excited for as this shapes up, especially after seeing the great progress of d x64's n64 emulation so far to this point. Now ReDream (A Sega Dreamcast Emulator) is being ported to the PS Vita as a libretro core running on RetroArch (Vita), so far its early progress, However, it looks like potential could be untapped from a developer who has some experience with the platform and emulation porting.. So far its rendering of graphics are in the early stages, so stay tuned for more progress reports from the developer..
Until then tell us in the comments below what is your favorite Dreamcast Game or memories from SEGA last hardware adventure.Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.38 - 4.86 CFW (CEX) / HEN Support + Picture Viewer + several fixes from developer ZarFollowing the previous update of ManaGunz, homebrew developer and creator @Zar of the project has updated the popular ps3 homebrew to version 1.38, this update provides full 4.86 support (CFW CEX + HEN). Also in this update an added feature for viewing pictures (PictureViewer) in various formats that include DDS / GTF / BMP / WEBP / TIFF / GIM / TGA and other's as well. This update also provides several fixes; now in the file manager within ManaGunZ the scroll bar is now visible, also a fix to a language bug has been provided. See all the changes in this latest update in a popular AIO homebrew manager. multiMAN and IRISMAN are great choices as well for the PS3 but ManaGunZ is a popular choice as well. All 3 apps give a very diiferent approach and unique experience and also exclusive features.
Developer @Zar still have plans for the project and some features in development did not make the cut in this version but could seen possiably in a future update as the developer states with this release here in the psx-place forums that " The features I was working on, like dump BR, are disabled because I didn't finish yet.". So that is something that hopefully we see from this hobbyist developer when time allows. Until then checkout what the developer has brought us in v1.38 below in the included changelogContinue reading
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: