PS VITA / PS TV VitaShell 1.43 by TheFlow released

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Nov 29, 2016.

By kozarovv on Nov 29, 2016 at 9:40 AM
  1. 7,685
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Developer TheFlow updated his well known Vitashell application to version 1.43. If you somehow still don't know that, Vitashell is absolute must have for every Vita/PSTV user with Henkaku and/or taiHENkaku installed. Most important change in this release is added taiHEN config.txt reload option previously available only in latest molecularShell release introduced with fifth beta release of taiHENkaku. With this, taiHEN configuration can be updated without rebooting PSV/PSTV.

bg.png

• Release Notes (via twitter)

An update for VitaShell has been released which added taiHEN config sync and fixed a little bug. Open molecularShell in taiHEN to update.

Changelog 1.43

• Added taiHEN config.txt reload option available in molecularShell.
      • Changed default HENkaku spoofed version to 3.63.
      • Fixed bug where you couldn't exit the application.

Important note from developer: It won't be automatically updated if you're under < v1.42. Update it manually then.

Download: PSX-PLACE / Github
    Source(s): Twitter / Github

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Nov 29, 2016.

1. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      Molecular Shell is still on 1.42, how do you update molecular shell to 1.43. I delete bubble and tried reinstalling from both taiHen and Henkaku. Yes i install vitashell.vpk from molecular shell using TaiHen. Weird???
    2. pinky
      pinky
      r u referring to molecular shell or vita shell? they're both tied together. it should ask if u want to update from within molecular/vita shell unless the option is disabled. press start to see if that option is disabled.
      doctorwho05 likes this.
    3. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      LOL i thought that was for OFW autoaupdate disabling, so just enable that in vitashell and it autoupdates just vitashell/molecular
      pinky likes this.
    4. pinky
      pinky
      I'm pretty sure that's for updating the app itself. it's usually enabled by default. was that ur issue?
      kozarovv and doctorwho05 like this.
    5. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      Yup that was it thx
      kozarovv likes this.
    6. pinky
      pinky
      I'm glad u got it working. :) the best way to block actual system software updates is to use a proxy. if only we could determine all update servers... I've started making a list in my tutorial for that very thing, but it's not complete. a proxy will block the servers while the internet would remain intact. :)
      kozarovv likes this.
    7. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      I need to put a PSTV in IDU-Mode to install PSP Demo and was wondering the safest way
    8. pinky
      pinky
      I believe the best way is via the registry. u might ask @atreyu187 that question.
      doctorwho05 likes this.
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      They all carry t same risk just my guide uses registry tool as it can lessen the needed apps. Vita Toolbox v0.2 is quiet easy. Just disable internet prior to enabling. That it be ready to cancel the update, don't leave it unattended.
      doctorwho05 likes this.
    10. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      I think i'll just unplug my Modem from my Router during IDU-Mode transfers, That way No chance of anything happening. E.T. can't call home :)

P.S. I get VERY Parnoid about accidentlly updating, they really made the Vita tethered to Sony servers. Checking every license like a little Digital Cop LOL. DRM gone Mad
    11. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Will make sure you are using Vita show from his GitHub as the one that molecularshell downloads does not give you full access to the file system.
    12. pinky
      pinky
      that's kinda like me and u - I give u full access to my body for the right price. ;)

that's one thing I don't understand about molecularshell - y limit file system access? u've gotta use vita shell just to install adrenaline, for example, and that doesn't really involve dangerous areas of the system.
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I think it's just to set it apart from VitaShell. TheFlow isn't part of the team and I am sure they don't want to make his app become irrelevant. Their shell is more geared towards just homebrew. Even the Mai folder is inaccessible to steer away from piracy
    14. pinky
      pinky
      yeah, I was unable to access the pspemu folder with molecularshell when I was installing adrenaline. I still haven't installed maitool on my pstv. do u know what would happen if u transferred a game (decrypted) from the vita to ur pc through cma, then back to say the pstv - would it work or would it be encrypted again?