UPDATE v1.61 (03/18/2017): Small update to provide several fixes
(03/17/2017): The much anticipated release of VitaShell v1.60 that contains USB Mass Storage Support for the PlayStationTV (PSTV) aka VitaTV has been released. Also announced is the winner of the VitaShell Theme Competition, with the new theme available in this update. This update provides some additional tweaks and cleanup as PSTV user's will no longer have to see the battery indicator going forward from v1.60. This AIO File Manager for the Vita & PSTV continues to pack in creditable functionality for HENkaku users on Vita firmware 3.60. The full details of this update and also a history of logs has been provided along with some additional details from creator and developer of VitaShell, TheFlow.
New VitaShell: Electron by Acemad (Competition Winner)
Update (03/18/2017) - VitaShell 1.61 Changelog
- Fixed database corruption crash by inheriting 'calendar', 'mms' and 'mtp' when mounting USB ux0:.
- Fixed bug where insufficent memory dialog appeared on uma0:.
- Fixed bug where pressing triangle crashed if unsafe mode was disabled.
VitaShell v1.60 Changelog (03/17/2017):
- Added ability to mount uma0: and ability to use uma0: as ux0:.
- Added ability to mount game card as usb device.
- Added possibility to refresh the livearea.
- Added scrolling text for long filenames.
- Added 'Sort by' option to context menu (R trigger combo removed).
- Added 'Electron' theme by Acemad, the winner of the VitaShell theme contest.
- Added theme selector.
- Improved property dialog animation.
- Fixed text editor bugs.
- Fixed bug where USB cable wasn't recognized.
- Fixed bug where VitaShell left to livearea after deleting the updater.
- Removed battery icon in status bar for PSTV.
- File statistics are now inherited when copying.
- I/O operations speed will now be showed in KB/s.
- Made control smoother.
How to use an USB flash drive as Memory Card on a PS TV
- Format your USB flash drive as exFAT or FAT32.
- Launch VitaShell and press /\ in the 'home' section.
- Select 'Mount uma0:' and attach your USB flash drive. You can now copy stuff from/to your USB stick.
- Once 'uma0:' is listed under the partitions, press /\ again and choose 'Mount USB ux0:'.
- Your USB flash drive is now acting as a Memory Card.
- To sync all your apps on your USB flash drive, press /\ and choose 'Refresh livearea'. This will NOT refresh PSP games.
- If you wish to revert the patch, press /\ and select 'Umount USB ux0:'.
Contest Winner: New VitaShell Theme (by Acemad)
This theme was submitted in the official competition thread over at wololo.net, checkout other themes and submissions within that thread linkvia Acemad
History of VitaShell Changes:
- Fixed bug where 'Please wait...' was shown instead of a specifc USB message.
- Fixed VPK installation crash.
- Fixed bug where 'theme.txt' was always resetted.
- Updated to newest libftpvita.
- Added USB mass storage transfer support.
- Added RAR archive support (by Mayoshiroi).
- Added coredump viewer.
- Added taiHEN config.txt reload option available in molecularShell.
- Changed default HENkaku spoofed version to 3.63.
- Fixed bug where you couldn't exit the application.
- Added a brand new settings menu which is accessible by pressing START (design by WesleyPolicena).
This adds the ability to disable auto-update and power options have been added where you can
reboot, enter standby or turn off your device.
- Fixed local date being incorrect.
- The name 'molecularShell' will now be displayed if it's runned as molecularShell, otherwise 'VitaShell'.
This will help differentiating the two applications, as molecularShell is from now on a safe homebrew
and doesn't have the full range of features like VitaShell. Additionally in molecularShell you can see
the HENkaku settings section which are hidden in VitaShell (note that both still share the same eboot.bin,
only the flag is different).
- Added ability to sort files and folders by size and date. Press R to switch sort method.
- Added the long desired 'Properties' feature. You can also check whether an eboot.bin is safe or not.
- Added group RW permissions on files and folders when moving.
Safe homebrews like RetroArch will now recognize files and folders
that you have moved from 'ux0:video'.
- Added scanning for dangerous functions in packages.
- Added possibility to choose compression level.
- Fixed time information in zip archives.
- Touching the screen on dialogs would abort the process, fixed.
- Added ability to compress files and folders into a zip archive.
- Added scanning for unsafe fself's and imports.
- Added lrc support for audio player by Mayoshiroi.
- Added partition used/total size information, thanks to littlebalup.
- Added 'Install folder' by soarqin.
- Added ability to export photo and music files ('More' -> 'Export media').
- Added battery percentage to system information (thanks to littlebalup).
- Added toolbox where more features will have place, by theorywrong (press START).
- Improved stability for file browser delete operation.
- Pressing L in the music player will now restart the song if the song is not at the beginning.
- VitaShell will now remove the unused updater bubble after successful updating.
- Added cover.jpg and folder.jpg as alternative cover image.
- Fixed ID3 tag parsing.
- Play and pause icons where swapped, fixed.
- FTP does now show 'Please wait...' until it has been connected to Wi-Fi.
- Added ability to install update files as .vpk (for Vitamin).
- Added patch to make .vpk installation appearing as full version instead of test version.
- Added text editor by BigBoot (WIP).
- Added 'More' entry to the context menu.
- Added 'Install all' feature to install all packages available in the folder (by ribbid987).
- Added 'Calculate SHA1' feature by xerpia64.
- Added support for ftp promoting for https://github.com/soywiz/vitaorganizer.
- Fixed 'Move' operation. Now it does integrate into folders and replace files.
- Dropped GENERAL_COLOR, now all colors are adjustable.
- Added audio player with .MP3 and .OGG support (Press /\ to turn off the display while listening to music. Graphics by Valle).
- Added changelog to the VitaShell bubble (press /\ or hold the bubble of VitaShell in the livearea).
- Added ability to resume to the directory you've last visted before exiting VitaShell).
- Leaving to livearea or suspending the device does no longer corrupt an IO process anymore (while copying things you can now leave VitaShell and resume).
- Improved text editor and added search feature to context menu (press /).
- Fixed bug where copying to different partitions didn't work.
- Fixed network update bug.
- Added automatic network update. VitaShell will now notify you when there's a new update.
You'll then be able to download it within the VitaShell application and it will update both
molecularShell and VitaShell to the newest verison.
- Added text and audio file icon by littlebalup.
- Updated to latest libftpvita which fixed file size string > 2GB and added APPE command.
- Added possibility to use specific background for file browser, hex editor, text editor, photo viewer.
- Added files and folder icons by littlebalup.
- Added charging battery icon by ribbid987.
- Added sfo reader by theorywrong.
- Added translation support for turkish (english_gb uses the same id as turkish, fix it Sony!).
- Updated to latest libftpvita which fixed file size string > 2GB and added APPE command.
- Fixed bug where copied files and folders of archives didn't stay on clipboard.
- Allow auto screen-off.
- System information trigger combo changed to START instead of L+R+START.
System information can now also be translated, thanks to littlebalup.
- Added dialog box animation and aligned dialog box y to make it look better.
- Fixed wrong time string for files and folders. Thanks to persona5.
- Fixed INSTALL_WARNING text crash.
- Added default files creating.
- Added customization possibility for ftp icon, battery, dialog and context menu.
- Added random wallpaper feature.
- Changed location of themes to 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME'.
- Fixed russian and korean language support.
- Added support for >2GB zip archives (dropped support for 7zip and rar though).
- Added cache system for zipfs (faster file reading when browsing in zip archives).
- Added possibility to customize the application's UI.
- Added possibility to translate the application.
- Fixed 12h time conversion.
- Ported to HENkaku (support for renaming/creating folders and for analog stick for fast movement).
- Added custom dialogs.
- Added graphics by Freakler.
- Added possibility to use FTP in background.
- I/O operations can now be cancelled.
- Removed misc stuff, shader compiler, homebrew loading, PBOOT.PBP signing, network host.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Fixed size string of files, again.
- Optimized I/O operations regarding speed.
- Increased homebrew force-exit compatbility and stability.
- Added network host mountpoint.
- Added ability to compile shader programs (use the _v.cg suffix for vertexes and _f.cg for fragments).
- Finished photo viewer. Use the right analog stick to zoom in/out. Left analog stick to move. L/R to rotate and X/O to change display mode.
- Updated to newest vita2dlib which fixed many bugs with images.
- Improved 'New folder' by extending to 'New folder (X)', where 'X' is an increasing number.
- Improved message dialog texts.
- Limited filenames so it doesn't overlap with the size/folder text.
- Fixed infinite loop when copying the src to its subfolder by an error result.
- Fixed FTP client crashes and added support for Turboclient Android.
- Fixed alphabetical sorting, finally.
- Added experimental feature: Holding START to force exit homebrews.
- Added battery symbol by Ruben_Wolf.
- Switched to official PGF font.
- Changed triangle-menu animation to ease-out.
- Improved mark all/unmark all feature.
- Fixed percentage precision in progress bar.
- Fixed small bug in move operation.
- Added translation support. See translation_readme.txt for more details.
- Added move ability (only possible within same partition).
- Added tabulator support in text viewer.
- Removed 'Paste', 'Delete', 'Rename' and 'New folder' in read-only partitions.
- Fixed size string of files over 1GB.
- Fixed alphabetical sorting.
- Fixed battery percent bug being -1% on PSM Dev Assistant.
- Added ability to sign PSP homebrews.
- Added sleep prevention when using FTP, deleting and copying files.
- Added a scrollbar.
- Added date and time to info bar.
- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
- Added some cosmetic changes.
- Fixed crash when deleting marked entries.
- Copied entries now still rest in clipboard after pasting them.
- The application now cleans itself before launching homebrews.
PS VITA / PS TV VitaShell v1.60 - USB Storage Support for PSTV user's & New Theme in this anticipated update!!!
By STLcardsWS on Mar 18, 2017 at 12:03 AM
The PS2 Fortuna Project (Homebrew Launcher) & N64 Emulation highlights a big week in PS2 development
The PlayStation 2 Scene is still going strong as we head into 2020 and as the great grandchild of the PS5 is on the horizon in the near future, the ps2 continues to prove it's has been a still a powerhouse in the homebrew/development community. This week alone we have seen several developments in the community that are quite spectacular to see released. First we seen a glimpse of potential N64 emulation on the PS2 and then yet another new exploit for the PS2 (not to be confused with this recent method involving a demo disc) that will enable homebrew on your PS2.Continue reading
Code Execution on Blu-ray Drives from both PS3 & PS4 --- #36C3 Talk to be presented by @oct0xorThe Stages from CCC are always a very good entrypoint to present the newest and latest in Hacking and Security, especially for Video Game Consoles as seen in the past. In fact, last year in 2018, you can probably remember how much Talks we saw for both the PS4 and the PSVita (just in Case you missed it [I dare you if you actually did ] or you want to watch all Important Streams in Re-Live again - click here). So of course, as it's for this year, many Developers are welcome to join the Stages for this years #36C3 Event to present their newest Achievements such as in Security, Hardware & Making, Ethics, Society & Politics, CCC [internal], Entertainment, Science, Art & Culture and Resilience & Sustainability - as you are always used to it. So while the Preparations from both the Event Organizers and all Developers at full blast, today known Developer @oct0xor announced that he will be also participate on the Stage with a PlayStation-related Talk, where he will "shed a light on internals and security of Sony PlayStation Blu-ray disc drives" together with Topics of "Firmware Dumping", "Reverse Engineering" and getting "Code Execution" for their respective Blu-ray Drives on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! This is definitely worth to follow, especially since this Topic always kinda lacked in the Community, due to showing less Interest to the Blu-ray Drives.
Picture from the Internals of an PS4 BD Drive (first Generation). It is (probably) just an coincidence that the mechanics looks like two people kissing each other...Continue reading
Super Mario War v1.8_r4 - New Enchantments + Ps3HEN (signed) by blckbearSuper Mario War was ported to PlayStation 3 (PS3) Custom Firmware originally by lahrymose, the installation back then required a pkg install and then data files to be placed on root of the PS3 HDD. Recently psx-place user @blckbear_ had released two revisions (r3 / r4) which has negated the need for the data files and only the pkg needs installed now. Also this pkg is signed and works with not only CFW but also PS3HEN. Plus blkbear_ also has added several other subtle enchantments for your viewing pleasure..
What is Super Mario War? It's a fan created homebrew game that is a tribute to Nintendo and some of its iconic characters. its a grueling multiplayer (up to 4) stomp fest while navigating various obstacles to squish your opponent(s) , The hunter becomes the prey very quickly in this addicting party game, Below we have attached a video demonstration of Super Mario War gameplay in action on a PS3 Console (note: video is v1.8_r2 )Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: