Vita Developer fgsfdsfgs who brought the engine (open source variant) that powers the classic Half-Life, has dropped "Release 3" of vitaXash3D, this version comes various progressions. Some of those improvements will be seen performance, along with new features that brings touch support and also new mods included "out of box" come with this releas. The developer is also warning that saves from Release 1 and 2 may not be compatible with this version. All details of this update can be seen in the info provide:
Make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and read the README before asking anything.
WARNING: This release is probably incompatible with savegames from Release 1 and Release 2. If the game crashes after you die or when you load a save, delete your old saves.
- somewhat better performance;
- now uses dynamic game libraries instead of hardlinked HLSDK;
- basic touch support.
- If you already had Release 2 installed, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section).
- If you already had Release 1 installed with the full version of Half-Life before this, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section)
- If you already had Release 1 installed with Half-Life Uplink, remove the whole xash3d folder and reinstall everything from scratch.
Mods supported out-of-the-box: data.zip for this release includes game libraries for the following games/mods:
To install a game/mod, copy its data folder (bshift for Blue Shift, gearbox for Opposing Force) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ without replacing files.
Any Half-Life mods that don't use custom code (no cl_dlls or dlls in the mod folder, e.g. USS Darkstar) are also supported. Most other mods that do have custom code (e.g. Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic) require porting of their game libraries to the Vita, however some work fine without their DLLs (They Hunger 1, CAGED, Afraid of Monsters).
- Copy the valve directory from your Half-Life installation (preferably the Steam version, but WON or stuff like Day One probably works as well) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ on your Vita. If you don't have access to a Half-Life installation, you can use the data files from the free demo version of HL, Half-Life Uplink. In that case, just extract this archive to ux0:/ on your Vita.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK.
- Run it. If you only have Uplink installed, make sure that you select Half-Life Uplink in the launcher.
vitaXash3D - A port of Xash3D-FWGS to the PSVita.Running
Warning This port is still a work in progress. Expect graphics and sound glitches, crashes and gameplay oddities.
- Copy the desired game directory (e.g. valve for Half-Life) to ux0:/data/xash3d/.
- Obtain appropriate game libraries (cl_dlls/client.suprx and dlls/server.suprx) and copy them to the game directory. See below for list of game libraries ported to the Vita.
- Copy the build/data directory to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK obtained after building the port.
- Run it.
- The console log is saved to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log when debug mode is enabled.
- If you don't have any GoldSrc games, you can use the data files from Half-Life Uplink, HL's free demo version. To do so, just extract this archive to ux0:/ instead of doing step 1 from the guide above.
- Keep in mind that the game can hang for a long time when saving or autosaving (see issue #7), so don't kill it if it suddenly hangs when you enter a map or cross a checkpoint. You can disable autosaves in the "Game options" menu or with sv_autosave 0.
- Multiplayer seems to work, but it hasn't been tested much. You can connect to any Xash3D server as long as it is compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running the same mod as you on Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366.
- The mod launcher detects all directories you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d/, including valve, except directories that have names starting with a dot.
- Installing mods works the same as with PC Half-Life: you just have to copy the mod directory (e. g. darkstar) into ux0:/data/xash3d/. Keep in mind that you'll also need Vita ports of the mod's game libraries, if it has any. For available ports, see list below.
- If you're trying to run a mod that has no game libraries, Xash will try to fall back to the HL ones, so it's best that you have them installed at all times.
- If you don't have the full version of HL and are using the Uplink archive linked above, multiplayer and other mods won't work. If you have the full version of HL, you can also install Uplink as a mod by copying only the uplink folder from the same archive.
Available game libraries
- Half-Life (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Blue Shift (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Opposing Force (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS and game DLL source code;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Download & Source: github.com/fgsfdsfgs
PS VITA / PS TV vitaXash3D [Release 3] - Touch Support / Improved Performance / Included Mods
By STLcardsWS on Mar 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM
[Released - PS3 StoreHaxx 4.83] A PSID / IDPS Dumping Method for 4.83 by PS3Xploit TeamUPDATE - PS3 StoreHaxx now been released (See included link)
PlayStation Store App with ALL functionality removed! It has been modified to only display the Unique Console ID (IDPS & PSID) and nothing else.
Coming Soon (original Article): As the PS3Xploit team continues the journey in an effort to bring PS3Xploit Tools and Hacks from 4.82 firmware to 4.83, a mission that is in development currently from @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w. During the research the team has stumbled upon a trick they decided to share very soon with everyone that entails the dumping of IDPS / PSID on 4.83 and lower and also is compatible with both Official Firmware & Custom Firmware along with any model PS3 Console. There is no exploit within this "release", this is only a funny poc to show that the Store app has untapped potential BUT this release DOES NOT bring us any closer to CFW installations from OFW 4.83 or the ability to use etHANol (aka HAN) hacks whatsoever. The team is currently still working on those other tasks and while there has been progress in their research for 4.83, it's a long journey and there are No Guarantees or Estimated Time of Arrivals.Continue reading
[10x Update Jan. 20] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe10x UPDATE (January 20) - Now the 10th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett