Vita Developer fgsfdsfgs who brought the engine (open source variant) that powers the classic Half-Life, has dropped "Release 3" of vitaXash3D, this version comes various progressions. Some of those improvements will be seen performance, along with new features that brings touch support and also new mods included "out of box" come with this releas. The developer is also warning that saves from Release 1 and 2 may not be compatible with this version. All details of this update can be seen in the info provide:
Make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and read the README before asking anything.
WARNING: This release is probably incompatible with savegames from Release 1 and Release 2. If the game crashes after you die or when you load a save, delete your old saves.
- somewhat better performance;
- now uses dynamic game libraries instead of hardlinked HLSDK;
- basic touch support.
- If you already had Release 2 installed, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section).
- If you already had Release 1 installed with the full version of Half-Life before this, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section)
- If you already had Release 1 installed with Half-Life Uplink, remove the whole xash3d folder and reinstall everything from scratch.
Mods supported out-of-the-box: data.zip for this release includes game libraries for the following games/mods:
To install a game/mod, copy its data folder (bshift for Blue Shift, gearbox for Opposing Force) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ without replacing files.
Any Half-Life mods that don't use custom code (no cl_dlls or dlls in the mod folder, e.g. USS Darkstar) are also supported. Most other mods that do have custom code (e.g. Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic) require porting of their game libraries to the Vita, however some work fine without their DLLs (They Hunger 1, CAGED, Afraid of Monsters).
- Copy the valve directory from your Half-Life installation (preferably the Steam version, but WON or stuff like Day One probably works as well) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ on your Vita. If you don't have access to a Half-Life installation, you can use the data files from the free demo version of HL, Half-Life Uplink. In that case, just extract this archive to ux0:/ on your Vita.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK.
- Run it. If you only have Uplink installed, make sure that you select Half-Life Uplink in the launcher.
vitaXash3D - A port of Xash3D-FWGS to the PSVita.Running
Warning This port is still a work in progress. Expect graphics and sound glitches, crashes and gameplay oddities.
- Copy the desired game directory (e.g. valve for Half-Life) to ux0:/data/xash3d/.
- Obtain appropriate game libraries (cl_dlls/client.suprx and dlls/server.suprx) and copy them to the game directory. See below for list of game libraries ported to the Vita.
- Copy the build/data directory to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK obtained after building the port.
- Run it.
- The console log is saved to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log when debug mode is enabled.
- If you don't have any GoldSrc games, you can use the data files from Half-Life Uplink, HL's free demo version. To do so, just extract this archive to ux0:/ instead of doing step 1 from the guide above.
- Keep in mind that the game can hang for a long time when saving or autosaving (see issue #7), so don't kill it if it suddenly hangs when you enter a map or cross a checkpoint. You can disable autosaves in the "Game options" menu or with sv_autosave 0.
- Multiplayer seems to work, but it hasn't been tested much. You can connect to any Xash3D server as long as it is compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running the same mod as you on Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366.
- The mod launcher detects all directories you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d/, including valve, except directories that have names starting with a dot.
- Installing mods works the same as with PC Half-Life: you just have to copy the mod directory (e. g. darkstar) into ux0:/data/xash3d/. Keep in mind that you'll also need Vita ports of the mod's game libraries, if it has any. For available ports, see list below.
- If you're trying to run a mod that has no game libraries, Xash will try to fall back to the HL ones, so it's best that you have them installed at all times.
- If you don't have the full version of HL and are using the Uplink archive linked above, multiplayer and other mods won't work. If you have the full version of HL, you can also install Uplink as a mod by copying only the uplink folder from the same archive.
Available game libraries
- Half-Life (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Blue Shift (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Opposing Force (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS and game DLL source code;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Download & Source: github.com/fgsfdsfgs
PS VITA / PS TV vitaXash3D [Release 3] - Touch Support / Improved Performance / Included Mods
By STLcardsWS on Mar 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM
(Update) PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84.2 - PS3Xploit HAN & Flash Tools Restored for 4.84 OFW usersHuge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.
So, what does all this mean? Now Its just like it was back in 4.82 before PS3Xploit was patched you will be able to install a CFW (on a CFW compatible model) and for those unfortunate user's that does not have a CFW Compatible model (i.e. SuperSlim/late slims) you have will have access to the HAN exploit . So for new user's or ones that updated, here is your second chances thanks to the efforts of the PS3Xploit Team and to @Joonie (waved magic wand on files), @habib (for valuable input on this project) and @esc0rtd3w (work in porting ps3xploit tools to 4.84) and the PS3XploitContinue reading
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: