Vita Developer fgsfdsfgs who brought the engine (open source variant) that powers the classic Half-Life, has dropped "Release 3" of vitaXash3D, this version comes various progressions. Some of those improvements will be seen performance, along with new features that brings touch support and also new mods included "out of box" come with this releas. The developer is also warning that saves from Release 1 and 2 may not be compatible with this version. All details of this update can be seen in the info provide:
Make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and read the README before asking anything.
WARNING: This release is probably incompatible with savegames from Release 1 and Release 2. If the game crashes after you die or when you load a save, delete your old saves.
- somewhat better performance;
- now uses dynamic game libraries instead of hardlinked HLSDK;
- basic touch support.
- If you already had Release 2 installed, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section).
- If you already had Release 1 installed with the full version of Half-Life before this, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section)
- If you already had Release 1 installed with Half-Life Uplink, remove the whole xash3d folder and reinstall everything from scratch.
Mods supported out-of-the-box: data.zip for this release includes game libraries for the following games/mods:
To install a game/mod, copy its data folder (bshift for Blue Shift, gearbox for Opposing Force) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ without replacing files.
Any Half-Life mods that don't use custom code (no cl_dlls or dlls in the mod folder, e.g. USS Darkstar) are also supported. Most other mods that do have custom code (e.g. Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic) require porting of their game libraries to the Vita, however some work fine without their DLLs (They Hunger 1, CAGED, Afraid of Monsters).
- Copy the valve directory from your Half-Life installation (preferably the Steam version, but WON or stuff like Day One probably works as well) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ on your Vita. If you don't have access to a Half-Life installation, you can use the data files from the free demo version of HL, Half-Life Uplink. In that case, just extract this archive to ux0:/ on your Vita.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK.
- Run it. If you only have Uplink installed, make sure that you select Half-Life Uplink in the launcher.
vitaXash3D - A port of Xash3D-FWGS to the PSVita.Running
Warning This port is still a work in progress. Expect graphics and sound glitches, crashes and gameplay oddities.
- Copy the desired game directory (e.g. valve for Half-Life) to ux0:/data/xash3d/.
- Obtain appropriate game libraries (cl_dlls/client.suprx and dlls/server.suprx) and copy them to the game directory. See below for list of game libraries ported to the Vita.
- Copy the build/data directory to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK obtained after building the port.
- Run it.
- The console log is saved to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log when debug mode is enabled.
- If you don't have any GoldSrc games, you can use the data files from Half-Life Uplink, HL's free demo version. To do so, just extract this archive to ux0:/ instead of doing step 1 from the guide above.
- Keep in mind that the game can hang for a long time when saving or autosaving (see issue #7), so don't kill it if it suddenly hangs when you enter a map or cross a checkpoint. You can disable autosaves in the "Game options" menu or with sv_autosave 0.
- Multiplayer seems to work, but it hasn't been tested much. You can connect to any Xash3D server as long as it is compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running the same mod as you on Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366.
- The mod launcher detects all directories you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d/, including valve, except directories that have names starting with a dot.
- Installing mods works the same as with PC Half-Life: you just have to copy the mod directory (e. g. darkstar) into ux0:/data/xash3d/. Keep in mind that you'll also need Vita ports of the mod's game libraries, if it has any. For available ports, see list below.
- If you're trying to run a mod that has no game libraries, Xash will try to fall back to the HL ones, so it's best that you have them installed at all times.
- If you don't have the full version of HL and are using the Uplink archive linked above, multiplayer and other mods won't work. If you have the full version of HL, you can also install Uplink as a mod by copying only the uplink folder from the same archive.
Available game libraries
- Half-Life (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Blue Shift (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Opposing Force (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS and game DLL source code;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Download & Source: github.com/fgsfdsfgs
PS VITA / PS TV vitaXash3D [Release 3] - Touch Support / Improved Performance / Included Mods
By STLcardsWS on Mar 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesFollowing the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.23 (by Aldostools) - Improving the Ps3HEN experience & moreCheck it out more PS3 Homebrew, this time around developer @aldostools is back with some updates to webMAN MOD improving the plugin experience for both CFW and Ps3HEN user;s in the latest update labeled as version v1.47.23. In this update there has been a fix to some blackscreen issues on homebrew that was being launched during the Content Scanning process, Also keys have been fixed and adjusted for Ps3HEN for the add-on pkg/rom launcher feature of wMM. The webMAN MOD installer and updater has new and updated detection mechanism in place for Ps3HEN. These are just some of the new features in this update but the developer has been busy with several updates in the recent, so be sure to checkout the previous changelogs if you have not been keeping up to date on this PS3 Plugin that is a must have for many Ps3 Owner's on either Custom firmware or Ps3HEN.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: