We seen a Homebrew Media Player finally appear on the VITA / PSTV but another really impressive project this time around by developer fgsfds called vitaXash3D has popped up this past week as well, In the recent months we have seen vitaQuake use Hardware-Accelerated rendering (VitaGL) which has greatly improved the graphical experience and soon to be vitaQuake 2 (details), but now a new engine has arrived as it appears on the Vita for the first time The Open Source Engine (Xash3d-FWGS Engine) that aims to improve the original GoldSrc Engine, which is the engine that powers those iconic Retro Shooters Half-Life & Counter-Stike, unfortunately at this time Counter-Strike is not supported with this port, but perhaps that changes in the future... However Half-Life (if you own the game) & many mods are performing very well on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV), so this is really cool project and a great shooter that was really ahead of its time when it originally was released. Any Half-Life Fans here at psx-place, if not and are a fan of first person shooters you have to check this out it pioneered many elements still used today games, then the many mods really expand the playablity.
Video by YouTuber Stranno
This is a Vita port of the Xash3D-FWGS engine, which is a FOSS recreation of the GoldSrc engine on which games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike run. Currently the port only supports Half-Life, custom Half-Life maps and mods that don't have custom game code (this means complex mods like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift don't work correctly yet).
- Hardware-accelerated rendering at native resolution via vitaGL;
- Multiplayer, both over LAN and online (untested);
- Mod support via integrated launcher (only works with mods that don't need custom game DLLs, like USS Darkstar);
- Runs most versions of Half-Life 1, including Steam, WON and Uplink versions.
- Download >>> (latest release):
- If you have a previous release of vitaXash3D installed with the full version of Half-Life, download the new data.zip (from latest release) and extract it to ux0:/ again, replacing everything.
- If you have Release 1 installed with Uplink, you'll have to delete the xash3d folder and reinstall from scratch.
- Install the VPK.
- If you have a full version of Half-Life installed, copy the valve directory from it to ux0:/data/xash3d on your Vita.
If you don't have a copy of Half-Life, download this archive containing the Half-Life Uplink demo and extract it to ux0:/.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/. Replace everything if prompted.
- LEFT ANALOG: move player
- RIGHT ANALOG: move camera
- LTRIGGER: primary fire when in game, turn on onscreen keyboard when in console
- RTRIGGER: secondary fire
- CROSS: use, select menu option
- SQUARE: reload
- CIRCLE: jump
- TRIANGLE: duck
- LEFT, RIGHT: change weapon
- UP: last used weapon
- DOWN: flashlight
- START: open/close menu
- SELECT: open/close console (only works in-game)
Controls can be customized in the options menu.
- The integrated mod selector detects all folders you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d as mods and lists them for selection.
- To install a mod, just copy its folder (e. g. darkstar for USS Darkstar) to ux0:/data/xash3d, just like you would for PC Half-Life.
Read this before asking questions:
- The port is still very much a work in progress. Performance is subpar and there are numerous issues I've yet to fix. FPS is usually between 15 and 60, depending on the amount of stuff onscreen.
- To enable debugging features and ability to open console in the menu, run the game in debug mode by pressing TRIANGLE instead of CROSS in the mod launcher. This will also write the console log to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log.
- If you're having trouble aiming, try turning on Autoaim in Configuration -> Controls -> Adv controls and/or lowering analog sensitivity for Pitch and Yaw in Configuration -> Gamepad. You can also invert any axis on either analog in the same menu by ticking the appropriate Invert checkbox. Pitch and yaw seem to be swapped for some reason, though.
- Saving takes a really long time, sometimes up to two minutes, loading is also slow, but not as much. This is a known issue and I'm working on fixing it. When the game hangs at a random point or when you enter a new map, it's probably autosaving, so wait until it finishes. If you want, you can disable autosaves in Configuration -> Game options.
- Multiplayer works with any Xash3D server as long as it's compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running vanilla Half-Life on either Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366, otherwise it will probably crash during connection. Hosting a server on your Vita and joining it also should work, at least over LAN.
- The game will download any maps and resources you don't have when you join a server automatically, as long as you enable Allow download in Configuration -> Game options.
- Playing multiplayer and running other mods requires the full version of Half-Life.
- You can install Uplink as a mod alongside the full version by copying just the uplink folder from the Uplink archive linked above.
- If your question is not answered in this section, check the README and the issues list on Github first.
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Latest Download @: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D/releases
Source Code: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D
Release Thread/Discussion: wololo.net
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaXash3D - Run Half-Life on Vita (port of Xcash3d-FWGS Engine)
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 10:21 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: