We seen a Homebrew Media Player finally appear on the VITA / PSTV but another really impressive project this time around by developer fgsfds called vitaXash3D has popped up this past week as well, In the recent months we have seen vitaQuake use Hardware-Accelerated rendering (VitaGL) which has greatly improved the graphical experience and soon to be vitaQuake 2 (details), but now a new engine has arrived as it appears on the Vita for the first time The Open Source Engine (Xash3d-FWGS Engine) that aims to improve the original GoldSrc Engine, which is the engine that powers those iconic Retro Shooters Half-Life & Counter-Stike, unfortunately at this time Counter-Strike is not supported with this port, but perhaps that changes in the future... However Half-Life (if you own the game) & many mods are performing very well on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV), so this is really cool project and a great shooter that was really ahead of its time when it originally was released. Any Half-Life Fans here at psx-place, if not and are a fan of first person shooters you have to check this out it pioneered many elements still used today games, then the many mods really expand the playablity.
Video by YouTuber Stranno
This is a Vita port of the Xash3D-FWGS engine, which is a FOSS recreation of the GoldSrc engine on which games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike run. Currently the port only supports Half-Life, custom Half-Life maps and mods that don't have custom game code (this means complex mods like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift don't work correctly yet).
- Hardware-accelerated rendering at native resolution via vitaGL;
- Multiplayer, both over LAN and online (untested);
- Mod support via integrated launcher (only works with mods that don't need custom game DLLs, like USS Darkstar);
- Runs most versions of Half-Life 1, including Steam, WON and Uplink versions.
- Download >>> (latest release):
- If you have a previous release of vitaXash3D installed with the full version of Half-Life, download the new data.zip (from latest release) and extract it to ux0:/ again, replacing everything.
- If you have Release 1 installed with Uplink, you'll have to delete the xash3d folder and reinstall from scratch.
- Install the VPK.
- If you have a full version of Half-Life installed, copy the valve directory from it to ux0:/data/xash3d on your Vita.
If you don't have a copy of Half-Life, download this archive containing the Half-Life Uplink demo and extract it to ux0:/.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/. Replace everything if prompted.
- LEFT ANALOG: move player
- RIGHT ANALOG: move camera
- LTRIGGER: primary fire when in game, turn on onscreen keyboard when in console
- RTRIGGER: secondary fire
- CROSS: use, select menu option
- SQUARE: reload
- CIRCLE: jump
- TRIANGLE: duck
- LEFT, RIGHT: change weapon
- UP: last used weapon
- DOWN: flashlight
- START: open/close menu
- SELECT: open/close console (only works in-game)
Controls can be customized in the options menu.
- The integrated mod selector detects all folders you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d as mods and lists them for selection.
- To install a mod, just copy its folder (e. g. darkstar for USS Darkstar) to ux0:/data/xash3d, just like you would for PC Half-Life.
Read this before asking questions:
- The port is still very much a work in progress. Performance is subpar and there are numerous issues I've yet to fix. FPS is usually between 15 and 60, depending on the amount of stuff onscreen.
- To enable debugging features and ability to open console in the menu, run the game in debug mode by pressing TRIANGLE instead of CROSS in the mod launcher. This will also write the console log to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log.
- If you're having trouble aiming, try turning on Autoaim in Configuration -> Controls -> Adv controls and/or lowering analog sensitivity for Pitch and Yaw in Configuration -> Gamepad. You can also invert any axis on either analog in the same menu by ticking the appropriate Invert checkbox. Pitch and yaw seem to be swapped for some reason, though.
- Saving takes a really long time, sometimes up to two minutes, loading is also slow, but not as much. This is a known issue and I'm working on fixing it. When the game hangs at a random point or when you enter a new map, it's probably autosaving, so wait until it finishes. If you want, you can disable autosaves in Configuration -> Game options.
- Multiplayer works with any Xash3D server as long as it's compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running vanilla Half-Life on either Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366, otherwise it will probably crash during connection. Hosting a server on your Vita and joining it also should work, at least over LAN.
- The game will download any maps and resources you don't have when you join a server automatically, as long as you enable Allow download in Configuration -> Game options.
- Playing multiplayer and running other mods requires the full version of Half-Life.
- You can install Uplink as a mod alongside the full version by copying just the uplink folder from the Uplink archive linked above.
- If your question is not answered in this section, check the README and the issues list on Github first.
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Latest Download @: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D/releases
Source Code: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D
Release Thread/Discussion: wololo.net
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaXash3D - Run Half-Life on Vita (port of Xcash3d-FWGS Engine)
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 10:21 PM
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.0 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-25-2019): Version 2.3.0 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
[UPDATE -v1.02] Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesUpdate: Version 1.02 Released Adds Game Mode C (Gang Mode) for PS4 / PSVita / Windows
Following the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Ron James Bowling