We seen a Homebrew Media Player finally appear on the VITA / PSTV but another really impressive project this time around by developer fgsfds called vitaXash3D has popped up this past week as well, In the recent months we have seen vitaQuake use Hardware-Accelerated rendering (VitaGL) which has greatly improved the graphical experience and soon to be vitaQuake 2 (details), but now a new engine has arrived as it appears on the Vita for the first time The Open Source Engine (Xash3d-FWGS Engine) that aims to improve the original GoldSrc Engine, which is the engine that powers those iconic Retro Shooters Half-Life & Counter-Stike, unfortunately at this time Counter-Strike is not supported with this port, but perhaps that changes in the future... However Half-Life (if you own the game) & many mods are performing very well on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV), so this is really cool project and a great shooter that was really ahead of its time when it originally was released. Any Half-Life Fans here at psx-place, if not and are a fan of first person shooters you have to check this out it pioneered many elements still used today games, then the many mods really expand the playablity.
Video by YouTuber Stranno
This is a Vita port of the Xash3D-FWGS engine, which is a FOSS recreation of the GoldSrc engine on which games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike run. Currently the port only supports Half-Life, custom Half-Life maps and mods that don't have custom game code (this means complex mods like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift don't work correctly yet).
- Hardware-accelerated rendering at native resolution via vitaGL;
- Multiplayer, both over LAN and online (untested);
- Mod support via integrated launcher (only works with mods that don't need custom game DLLs, like USS Darkstar);
- Runs most versions of Half-Life 1, including Steam, WON and Uplink versions.
- Download >>> (latest release):
- If you have a previous release of vitaXash3D installed with the full version of Half-Life, download the new data.zip (from latest release) and extract it to ux0:/ again, replacing everything.
- If you have Release 1 installed with Uplink, you'll have to delete the xash3d folder and reinstall from scratch.
- Install the VPK.
- If you have a full version of Half-Life installed, copy the valve directory from it to ux0:/data/xash3d on your Vita.
If you don't have a copy of Half-Life, download this archive containing the Half-Life Uplink demo and extract it to ux0:/.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/. Replace everything if prompted.
- LEFT ANALOG: move player
- RIGHT ANALOG: move camera
- LTRIGGER: primary fire when in game, turn on onscreen keyboard when in console
- RTRIGGER: secondary fire
- CROSS: use, select menu option
- SQUARE: reload
- CIRCLE: jump
- TRIANGLE: duck
- LEFT, RIGHT: change weapon
- UP: last used weapon
- DOWN: flashlight
- START: open/close menu
- SELECT: open/close console (only works in-game)
Controls can be customized in the options menu.
- The integrated mod selector detects all folders you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d as mods and lists them for selection.
- To install a mod, just copy its folder (e. g. darkstar for USS Darkstar) to ux0:/data/xash3d, just like you would for PC Half-Life.
Read this before asking questions:
- The port is still very much a work in progress. Performance is subpar and there are numerous issues I've yet to fix. FPS is usually between 15 and 60, depending on the amount of stuff onscreen.
- To enable debugging features and ability to open console in the menu, run the game in debug mode by pressing TRIANGLE instead of CROSS in the mod launcher. This will also write the console log to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log.
- If you're having trouble aiming, try turning on Autoaim in Configuration -> Controls -> Adv controls and/or lowering analog sensitivity for Pitch and Yaw in Configuration -> Gamepad. You can also invert any axis on either analog in the same menu by ticking the appropriate Invert checkbox. Pitch and yaw seem to be swapped for some reason, though.
- Saving takes a really long time, sometimes up to two minutes, loading is also slow, but not as much. This is a known issue and I'm working on fixing it. When the game hangs at a random point or when you enter a new map, it's probably autosaving, so wait until it finishes. If you want, you can disable autosaves in Configuration -> Game options.
- Multiplayer works with any Xash3D server as long as it's compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running vanilla Half-Life on either Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366, otherwise it will probably crash during connection. Hosting a server on your Vita and joining it also should work, at least over LAN.
- The game will download any maps and resources you don't have when you join a server automatically, as long as you enable Allow download in Configuration -> Game options.
- Playing multiplayer and running other mods requires the full version of Half-Life.
- You can install Uplink as a mod alongside the full version by copying just the uplink folder from the Uplink archive linked above.
- If your question is not answered in this section, check the README and the issues list on Github first.
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Latest Download @: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D/releases
Source Code: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D
Release Thread/Discussion: wololo.net
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaXash3D - Run Half-Life on Vita (port of Xcash3d-FWGS Engine)
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 10:21 PM
webMAN MOD 1.47.12: New Auto PS2 Config / Support for boot_init.txt (like a "autoexec.bat" script)It appears that developer @aldostools is back in full force currently as we have seen the dev add new support with 4.83/4.84 DEX Support for webMAN MOD. While also Incorporating a few new features into the popular plugin as well. This powerful little plugin contains tons of functionality (feature list below), With this new release of v1.47.12, we now see a couple of fun new features have that have been introduced to the plugin as well.
For nonBC consoles owners, that use the webMAN MOD plugin to load and mount PS2 ISO will be pleased to know that developer Aldostools has added improved support for PS2 Configs with new automation and detection of PS2 Config files, like what we see in @Zar's ManaGunZ backup manager. Also another fun feature with some potential for various uses has been been support for boot_inif.txt, This feature is an automation feature (like a "autoexec.bat" script) that includes support for various commands outlined (see tab below). Some uses Aldostools has outlined have included the ability to backup important files at system boot like Game Saves, Registry Backup, Logs, ect,,, Swap Files, Remap multiple files/folders at startup, System clenup and/or initialization on every boot. For additional details about these newly added features please revert to the corresponding tabs below.Continue reading
PASTA 4.84 DEX CFW v1.0 (by Joonie) - For Debugging Stations / Converted Retail Consoles
It's pretty much inspired by @Rancid-o 's PS3iTA except this does not come with "CFW Setup" homebrew neither "Package Manager". I know the demographic is very little for this type of CFW but I could image this this would be still useful for those who do not want COBRA neither REBUG.
The features are pretty basic.For PSN, you will either have to use CCAPI or webMAN to spoof IDPS if your unit is converted retailContinue reading
4.84.1 REBUG REX (w/ Cobra v8.01 + Rebug Toolbox v2.03.01) Released (+ DECR LE version)Team REBUG just recently released 4.84 REBUG LITE Edition just the other day. Now,since that time the team has aquired all the resources needed for the creation of 4.84.1 REBUG REX Custom firmware . Now that the testing phase has concluded, the team has now released 4.84 REX version of their famed Custom Firmware for the PS3. What makes REX different from LITE is that Lite is made of only CEX (retail) firmware and REX contains both retail firmware and then also contains debug (DEX) firmware elements as well. To create this powerful hybrid custom firmware. Which expands the feature list over any other CFW type with the included REBUG Toolbox (requires pkg installation),
The updated Cobra payload of v8.00/1 that made its recent debut in habib's 4.84 Starbuged CFW has also been bundled with this latest version of REBUG REX. One of the highlights of the version 8.0 progression of the Cobra payload has been a new feature allowing Kernel payload support via plugin developed by habib, The update to Cobra also brought a number of new improvements besides that lone feature, other feature consist of a much faster boot time on start up as in Cobra 8.00+ stage 1 has been removed. Then also in this version of REX you should note COBRA is ENABLED by default where as in previous versions of REX it has not been and required a toggled "ON" via the REBUG Toolbox, that is no more, in this version its enabled "out of the box" and ready to goContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Beats Of Rage OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett