PSP Volition Releases Unfinished Saints Row Game For the PSP

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Feb 6, 2016.

By Tranced on Feb 6, 2016 at 10:04 AM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Moderator

Programmer
    The developers over at Volition, known for developing games such as the Red Faction and Saints Row series, released a nice surprise for PSP owners. On their tumblr page about a week ago they announced the release of a unfinished and unreleased game for the PSP. The game is Saints Row Undercover and at the time of release it was [break].[/break]not playable on the PSP. However Freakler, who reported this on hackinformer, managed to get this working for the PSP. (with the help of Darthsternie and largeroliker) From that report you can find below a few steps that will show you what needs to be done to the ISO in order to get the game running on your PSP.

sru.gif

Volition Release Note:
    PSP How To:

[video=youtube;YYvAO6yOgYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYvAO6yOgYc[/video]

Download: Saints Row Undercover

Source: volition.tumblr | hackinformer

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Feb 6, 2016.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Sorry about the delay in this story everyone, I had started it but got busy and forgot about it.. Big Thanks [MENTION=8]Tranced[/MENTION] for getting this up..
      -------------------
      I know a few of our staff have tested this on various platforms. I tested on PS3 and was stuck at title screen (no freeze just stuck).
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      [MENTION=2]STLcardsWS[/MENTION] try my packages that i made for ps3, in old discussion thread about this game.
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Got it working pretty well on my PSP Go using my docking cradle a little rough but works pretty good none the less. No luck on PS3 or Vita/PSTV
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      So I am thinking the reason why it doesn't work for the Vita/PSTV is the RAM limitations set by the ePSP firmware. It only has access to 32mb of RAM just like the 1000 series PSP's. The 2000, 3000, and Go have the full 64mb of RAM.
    5. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      The game looks like shit, though the car physics are hilarious
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Never been a fan of the series but I also don't like any of the GTA games. After Vice City it felt beat to death, much like the FPS genere
    7. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      same here never got into this series and Vice City was my goto game in GTA
    8. sethreign
      sethreign
      it's also for the psp and was made like 6 years ago and was abandoned so i wouldn't expect it to look like a triple a current gen game that's really cool tho that we're able to try this out even if its not finished
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    9. pinky
      pinky
      I hadn't thought of that as being the reason. for anyone who doesn't know, the game errors after selecting new game on both the vita and pstv.
    10. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Confirmed, without high memory layout enabled on my psp 2000 game is freezing on loading screen after selecting new game then shutting down psp. So is no way to run it on PS3 and probably Vita/TV.
    11. pinky
      pinky
      r u still using the iso I made with the eboot/boot name change?
    12. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Yes.

10cchhaarr
    13. pinky
      pinky
      okay. I wasn't sure if I had messed something up with the iso, but it appears others have the same issue with the vita/pstv and sometimes the psp itself.
    14. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Well it is for sure the RAM limitations as I have confimration it is working on Vita firmware 2.00 before Sony added the limitation to the ePSP firmware.
    15. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      According to the dev wiki, there's a way to increase the ram available on PSP emu, I'll quote directly

Can someone try?
      atreyu187 likes this.
    16. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Hm, sounds like this can work. I can try but on weekend, maybe someone can do this faster.
    17. Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      It works if you set
      SDRAM_SIZE = 03000000

Thanks for the idea!
    18. pinky
      pinky
      r we talking about the vita psp emulator or the psp itself?
    19. Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      I am using a ps3 and playing the game as a remaster, unfortunately the game froze after the training sequence.