PSP Volition Releases Unfinished Saints Row Game For the PSP

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Feb 6, 2016.

By Tranced on Feb 6, 2016 at 10:04 AM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Moderator

Programmer
    The developers over at Volition, known for developing games such as the Red Faction and Saints Row series, released a nice surprise for PSP owners. On their tumblr page about a week ago they announced the release of a unfinished and unreleased game for the PSP. The game is Saints Row Undercover and at the time of release it was [break].[/break]not playable on the PSP. However Freakler, who reported this on hackinformer, managed to get this working for the PSP. (with the help of Darthsternie and largeroliker) From that report you can find below a few steps that will show you what needs to be done to the ISO in order to get the game running on your PSP.

sru.gif

Volition Release Note:
    PSP How To:

[video=youtube;YYvAO6yOgYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYvAO6yOgYc[/video]

Download: Saints Row Undercover

Source: volition.tumblr | hackinformer

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Feb 6, 2016.

1. pinky
      pinky
      the game errors out on the vita/pstv after selecting ur options before starting the game. I was hoping that it pertained to that. there's no way for me to increase how much ram is being used by the emulator since sony restricted it unfortunately.
    2. Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      @pinky That happened to me when I set
      SDRAM_SIZE = 02800000

however setting
      SDRAM_SIZE = 03800000
      allowed the game to continue past the training sequence but walking/driving around the map was pretty low framerate choppy.
    3. pinky
      pinky
      sony dropped the ram in half for psp emulation on the vita with one of the 2.xx firmwares. I was hoping there was a way to increase it. the game appears to be pretty bad despite maxing out the ram though. :-/
    4. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      This trick however could be used to improve compatibility of the PSP emu for actually released games that either freeze or don't even boot with the default settings.

How hard would it be to implement different PSP launchers for every memory profile or compatibility flag? Or even use the existing launcher with a configurable frontend with per game profiles?
    5. pinky
      pinky
      u have the choice between ark and tnv. tnv is like the psp in terms of how it looks, but I don't know if u can access the flash files directly. if the files r associated with psp remastered, then u can forget about it as I don't think they'll work. btw, ur avatar image looks a bit like one of my dogs. she's a husky/wolf/chow/bull mastiff mix. same colors/look as that avatar. lol.
    6. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      I was talking about ps3 as i don't have or even want a vita/TV.

Ps: the dog is the doge meme
    7. pinky
      pinky
      ah, I see. I think ur avatar image should turn into "wtf pinky" or "seriously, pinky" that's after some of ur previous comments.
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Here are working PS3 PKG files with Saints Row: Undercover psp game, but like [MENTION=11838]Dr. L Ron Bumquist[/MENTION] said.. Framerate is low, game is unfinished, I tested almost every known compatibility option but sadly nothing work to improve framerate even little bit. I managed to get only ~100MB files so if anyone want to try then here it is:

1. Standard PKG: Saints_Row
      2. PKG with "debug graph" enabled: Saints_Row_Debug

PKG files have altered game id so you can install both of them, files should be firmware independent. I tested them on latest rebug, also game don't need any activation. Just install and "play".
      Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    9. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      I 've never played a saints row game, is it a gta clone? Are they any good? There's like four of em aren't there?
      Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    10. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      Thanks, I'll try it just for shits and giggles

They're "eh", pretty fun in coop and such, but not the best experience single player