PS3HEN [WARNING] POTENTIAL BRICK WITH PS3 HEN !

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by ToziKz, May 2, 2019.

1. 29
    ToziKz

ToziKz Member

Thank you for your help.
    I receive Saturday a hard disk case, I will give you news. Very good to you.

Niander466 and DeViL303 like this.
  2. 7,505
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Yep, a USB enclosure is fine to do it, when you connect it for first time in windows it should advise with something like "a new device has been found, want to initialize it?", you need to choose yes

The second thing you need to do is to create a single partition in it with the whole capacity and any filesystem (it doesnt matters which filesystem)
    This second step is not really needed but is good to do it because at the same time is formatting it is checking the sectors, the BIOS of the hdd identifyes damaged sectors and remaps them (incase you had some, we are not sure about it)

The point of all this is to delete all "sony data" completly from the hdd, coincidentially i wrote a post about it few minutes ago
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/m...errors-with-internal-games.23702/#post-177207
    Sometimes when you try to format the hdd in the PS3 it reads some of the data in it and preserves it (so is not doing a complete format)
    Incase the data is preserving is wrong... you know... it puts you in a error loop