Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

webMAN freezing in HEN 2.3.1

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by John Hostetter, Jul 6, 2019.

1. 4
    John Hostetter

John Hostetter Forum Noob

Hi everyone,

I am having great success playing my ps1 games and ps3 games on webMAN, but mixed results with ps2 games.

I transfer my iso.bin.enc files via ftp after encoding with ps2 GUI on my PC. They are located in the Ps2ISO folder on hdd.

All the games show up in webMAN Games, but when I click on a disc, a notification comes up in the upper right hand corner: /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Alien Hominid/ISO.BEN.ENC, it goes back to XMB...then freeze. I have to hard-reboot.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

2. 96
    Coro

Coro Member

the ps3 cant find your file. dont use subfolders. rename iso.bin.enc to something like mygame.BIN.ENC (must be capital letters) and put it in ps2iso folder itself. if it launches the ps3 will reboot into ps2mode. webman cant run under ps2 mode so set your fan speed to whatever u want in webman settings before launch (recommend at least 35 maybe 40 if u van stand the fan noise). after done playing ps2 the ps3 will reboot and u will need to enable hen again.

IF U WANT TO SAVE U MUST SET UP A VIRTUAL MEMORY CARD BEFORE LAUNCHING GAME AND ASSIGN IT TO SLOT 1

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  3. 43
    aakkkyyy

aakkkyyy Member

The PS2 Classic GUI has a bug in which the ISO.BEN.ENC encryption in the non-English area window system is invalid. The solution is to switch the language area of the Windows system to the English area and then encrypt it.

4. 5,601
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

You can and should use subfolders for PS2 Classics as it auto launches CONFIG files to make compatibility higher. Just make a subfolder in PS2ISO and rename the folder and change ISO.BIN.ENC

So then take Castlevania Curse of Darkness for example and name it as so.

HDD0:/PS2ISO/218.65.BIN.ENC

And upon mounting the PS2 Classic it will auto load the CONFIG so you do not have to move one into the placeholder USDIR directory.

5. 4
    John Hostetter

John Hostetter Forum Noob

Thanks, everyone. This is making a little more sense although I am still a little confused. Based on your responses, my directory structure and naming conventions seem to be the problem. Right now, I have:

hdd0:/PS2ISO/Alien Hominid/iso.bin.enc

but I SHOULD have:

hdd0:/PS2ISO/210.90.bin.enc

So I shouldn't have the game title subfolder, but instead the encoded iso named as the game's serial number?

But Atreyu, you said "Just make a subfolder in PS2ISO" so that makes me think I DO need a game title subfolder?

Sorry for the confusion!

6. 7,515
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Maybe that quote from different thread will help: