PS3 webMAN MOD 1.43.01 With Improved Fan Control & 4.76 CEX Support

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Tranced, Sep 3, 2015.

By Tranced on Sep 3, 2015 at 8:14 AM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Moderator

Programmer
    The latest build of webMAN MOD has been released. Developers Matsumot0 and Aldostools bring version 1.43.01 with a few notable changes. The old fan control has had some spring cleaning and thus improved upon, developer Aldostools explains more about that below. This build will be compatible with a CEX 4.76 [break].[/break]custom firmware should anyone feel the need to make one. Also noted is the way in which games are sorted while other additions include the displaying of your IP address and better game compatibility.

webmanmod_blue.png

webMAN MOD 1.43.01 Changelog:
    Support 4.76 CEX (thanks Sony, for this biggest fw update...)
    Control fan system is better than before (more explanation below by aldotools)
    The game list is now sort by CD# (e.g FF PS1)
    Local IP with adapter is now displayed (config and popup)
    Offsets improvement for fix game compatibility
    Updated Italian & Russian lang files​

Improved Fan Control Explained:
    Let me try to explain how it works:

• webMAN's fan control tries to keep cool CPU and RSX.
    • If one of them reach the target/max temperature (e.g. 66 C), the fan speed will be increased gradually (+2) until the temperature start to decrease.
    • If the temperature is 1 degree or more higher than the target/max temperature, then the fan speed is increased even more faster.
    • When the temperature start to decrease, the fan speed is decreased gradually (-1). This is done that way, because we want to keep the temperature as cool as possible and avoid the "yo-yo" effect.

deank added additional heuristics to manage some special conditions, but in simple terms this is the algorithm.

So I decrease the fan speed faster under the following conditions:

• If the temperature is 3 degrees below the target/max temperature, it decreases the fan speed -1. if the fan speed is higher than 66%, it decreases -2
    • If the temperature is 5 degrees below the target/max temperature, it decreases the fan speed -1. if the fan speed is higher than 50%, it decreases -2

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Tranced, Sep 3, 2015.

1. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I just want say that now fan control is smooth and don't do crazy jumps between high and low speed. For me is much better, don't distract me when i play and is quiter. One more time thank you. :)
    2. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Anyway thanks for suggest, testing and feedback [MENTION=118]kozarovv[/MENTION] :)
      Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Awesome work as usual. Love how devs and users band together for improvement not fame and epeen with the community.
    4. Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      Thanks for the update [MENTION=161]Matsumot0[/MENTION] and [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION]
    5. aldostools
    6. pedrofilho1979
      pedrofilho1979
    7. aldostools
      aldostools
      I double checked the files and it says "webMAN MOD 1.43.02 Updater"... 1.43.02 is the intended version since it has additional features published few hours after Matsumot0's release of 1.43.01.
    8. pedrofilho1979
      pedrofilho1979
      Please @aldostool did not understand his explanation, please could be clearer for here on my ps3 whenever I install the Webman version 1:43:01 me appears in xmb I have installed the version of 1:42:03 and 1:43:01 not as it should be . This is normal or not? I fix it? 1:43:02 The release comes with this error corrected?
      Thank you for your patience and @aldostool @ matusumot0
    9. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      My bad, anyway it's a real 1.43.XX not 1.42.03 i forgot to change version in makefile before i build the pkg.
      i will push 1.43.02 in few minutes with virtual pad function added and some changes.
    10. pedrofilho1979
      pedrofilho1979
      Incidentally master @aldostool, can not in any way to extract the ZIP file (winrar) version Webman 1:43:02 link http://aldostools.org/temp/test/webMAN_MOD_1.43.02.rar

I can download a 6 MB file but whenever I go to extract error unrecognized or damaged file,aldostool you could provide another link to download only the Webman version 1:43:02?

I would like to check if the error that appears 1:42:03 instead of 1:43:01 still exists in version 1:43:02.

Thank you for your patience and attention @aldostool.
    11. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    12. Metion
      Metion
      So someone leaked 4.76 DEX or since there is little to no change between 4.75 and 4.76 you added support for the new firmware without having the firmware itself?
    13. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      Yes no change, find offsets is easy with some math and symbols are same...
      lv2 kernel isn't needed for those firmwares (4.66/4.76)

So not leaked yet :embarrassed:
    14. Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      Dr. L Ron Bumquist
      I still use win xp x86 but my pc can use x64 if I choose. I would like to build a cobra firmware. What distro should I use, and which rpm files should I install?

EDIT: why has no dex firmware since 4.60 been released to the public.
    15. pedrofilho1979
      pedrofilho1979
    16. aldostools
      aldostools
      I see you already got the file. Anyway if you still want to use my file, use the latest WinRAR 5.30 beta 3... the archive is using "RAR5" compression :)
    17. Zwei
      Zwei
      [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] [MENTION=161]Matsumot0[/MENTION]

I'm using CFW 4.75 Rebug
      The icon eject disc remains red
      upgraded to the mod Webman 1.43.2 and images was of the rebug Webman
      this is normal ?
    18. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      or lasted release of 7zip v15.06 :)
      bouh winrar :troutslap:
    19. aldostools
      aldostools
      yes, it's normal to see the "red" icons on rebug after upgrade...

if the icons are found in /dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/icon/, webMAN MOD will use them instead of the ones installed by the PKG.