PS3 webMAN MOD 1.43.12: Latest update by Aldostools & Matsumot0

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 24, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM
  1. 8,933
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

---- UPDATED v1.43.13 ---- webMAN MOD developer's Aldostools & Matsumot0 have released a new version of webMAN MOD. The ps3 plugin for CFW continues to evolve and with this update of v1.43.12 the devs have added various new features such as Proper support to auto play BD & DVD ISO, Abilty to temporary disable the auto-play feature by holding L2 while mounting the game and various other changes and improvements as detailed in the Changelog [break]sss[/break] and also view additional details about webMAN MOD if you are new to the plugin.

---- UPDATED v1.43.13 ----
    Version v1.43.13 was released with a few fixes and changes as defined below:

webMAn MODblue.png

View additional details and info about webMAN MOD below (+ links) and also in the PSX-Place.com webMAN MOD forums found via this link
    Functionality of webMAN MOD Plugin for CFW enabled PS3 Consoles

Download:
    Mirror:

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION]
      Any chance webMAN_mod will provide a 2nd fixed location like "dev_hdd0/Covers/" in future releases ?
      Might be nice for users who don't have installed multiMAN or simply wanted to have a slightly easier access via ftp or filemanager.

Regards
      Rudi
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Try /dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers I think this path is already included.
    3. aldostools
      aldostools
      Also this folder is updated by IRISMAN if its option to download covers from gametdb is used.

Or put: COVERS_PATH [/dev_hdd0/Covers] in the current language file (or LANG_XX.TXT if you don't want the TXT to be replaced by the updater).
    4. aldostools
      aldostools
      It could be the size of your PNG. I tested the covers from gametdb and they were displayed.
      If the cover is not available on the server the XMB shows the ICON0 for JB games from the local devices (iso, ntfs and net folders will show a loading icon that never loads).
      In that case, it's better to have the covers stored locally for these icons not found in the server.
    5. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      "dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers" is good.
      Regarding COVERS_PATH: Even if it works i don't like to use it because u told us that's an unofficial feature.

Regards
      Rudi
    6. aldostools
      aldostools
      It's "unofficial" because it's implemented in an ugly way... but the custom path is there if you need to use it.

If custom path for covers is a demanded feature, then I'll eventually move the setting to /setup.ps3

IMO the covers packs installed locally are the best option for covers and users have been using them for months with almost no complains.
    7. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION]

Is there any way to send you a private message, I don't find solution to do it.
      I think it could be very impotant. Realy !!! If you can contact me on [email protected]
      It's not for questions about webMAN, Just want share an information.
      If not possible, please contact Matsumot0, he knows me and knows what I talk about.

Up to you, regards
    8. aldostools
      aldostools
      you can PM me or write to my email (it's listed on my website). Or use my nick name @ gmail :)
    9. pinky
      pinky
      [MENTION=16840]0_obeWAN[/MENTION] , u should be able to send pm's now.
    10. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
      i've already contacted aldo in private about this weird case...
    11. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Thanks guys
    12. aldostools
      aldostools
      A new test build:
      http://aldostools.org/temp/test/webftp_server.sprx

This build now allows to restore the disabled syscalls 6/7/9/10/11/35 and unblock syscall 8 without the need to restart. The option is found in /syscall.ps3mapi

As recently I have been implementing syscall features that can likely be used to access PSN, I would like to make a reminder about some good practices if you plan to enable Internet access :

* Always block the TCP ports 80 and 21 while having the console connected to the net (IP scanners are common these days)
      * Use "Disable remote access to FTP/WWW services" to prevent external access from unauthorized users to system functions (like /dev_blind, /setup.ps3, delete files, see system info including idps, etc.)
      * Use the option to allow a single IP address while "Disable remote access to FTP/WWW services" is active.
      It lets to you configure webMAN from your PC, smartphone of tablet, blocking the access to other remote users (even other members of your famility in the same network).
      * Use the password file /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/password.txt to limit access to the FTP service
      * Disable syscalls before access PSN. Or even better on startup.
      * webMAN now shows the syscall status on SELECT+START or /cpursx.ps3
      * Never use homebrews while connected to PSN or never connect if spoofed version is shown as X.XX
      * Use extra protection tools like SEN Enabler or PSNpatch.
      * Unloading webMAN while connected to Internet can help to avoid external access to your system (but you won't be able to re-enable the syscalls unless you restart the console).
      Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    13. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Thanks to share this good practices reminder with all of us.
    14. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      A question about the webMAN unload option
      Actualy this option takes place on XMB+PS3MAPI and allows to unload webMAN manually
      Could it be possible to add an auto start option with check/uncheck squarre on main webMAN page?
      I think if it technically possible it could be a great added option to allow auto start webMAN unload
    15. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      Fan control is not working for me with the 1.43.14. Even with Cobra 7.2.
      Is it this issue?
    16. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0