PS3 Webman MOD 1.43.33 - Reduced memory footprint and more

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by kozarovv, Aug 7, 2016.

By kozarovv on Aug 7, 2016 at 8:52 AM
  1. 7,170
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Last time we can see many Vita scene news, but developer @aldostools is breaking this trend with his webMAN MOD 1.43.33 release for Playstation 3. Is hard to believe that so advanced project still can get improvements, but this is happening.

Again developer applying changes to source code to make it easier for debuging and modding.
    Thanks to that again memory footprint used by plugin is reduced. There are also some noticeable improvements in right-click menu.

as.jpg

• webMAN MOD 1.43.33

• Right-click menu on /index.ps3 and File Manager
        • Added Game Info & New Folder options
      • Moved CSS and some javascripts to external files:
        • Reduced memory footprint used by the plugin, allows user customization
        • Easier debugging, allows to extend features using javascript without use additional memory
          • note1: if the CSS is not found, the embedded CSS is used.
          • note2: rebug editions don't use the external CSS/javascripts.
        • Various bug fixes & code improvement.

Update: (from Aldostools in comments below)
      These are some additional features in this build, but added as "1.43.32" since your previous news post:
      • Added remove .bak extension in File Manager
      • Changed spoof CFW version to 4.80 for old Cobra
      • Changed the back button in html response to history.back()
      • Added ability to rename/move the file/folder pointed with the mouse pressing F2 in the File Manager
      • Added optional parameter &to= to /copy.ps3
      • vsh menu 1.10: support install pkg, rename .bak, edit boot_plugins.txt
      • Added histogram of free space on devices to the root directory of File Manager
      • Fixed disconnection of mounted net game when listing games
      • Added wait dialog when games are mounted or filtered in games grid (/index.ps3)
      • PARAM.SFO now shows title, id & app version in File Manager
      • Improved sort of games in HTML grid (now uses 6 characters for sorting names)
      • Added contextual right-click menu to File Manager (PC only)
    • Checkout the webMAN MOD information thread here in the psx-place.com forums:

Downloads: webMAN_MOD_1.43.33_Updater.pkg
    Official Utilities (optional)

Thanks to @slimica for news alert

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by kozarovv, Aug 7, 2016.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Nice update :) !!!! Thanks
      aldostools likes this.
    2. aldostools
      aldostools
      These are some additional features in this build, but added as "1.43.32" since your previous news post:
      • Added remove .bak extension in File Manager
      • Changed spoof CFW version to 4.80 for old Cobra
      • Changed the back button in html response to history.back()
      • Added ability to rename/move the file/folder pointed with the mouse pressing F2 in the File Manager
      • Added optional parameter &to= to /copy.ps3
      • vsh menu 1.10: support install pkg, rename .bak, edit boot_plugins.txt
      • Added histogram of free space on devices to the root directory of File Manager
      • Fixed disconnection of mounted net game when listing games
      • Added wait dialog when games are mounted or filtered in games grid (/index.ps3)
      • PARAM.SFO now shows title, id & app version in File Manager
      • Improved sort of games in HTML grid (now uses 6 characters for sorting names)
      • Added contextual right-click menu to File Manager (PC only)

EDIT:
      If you've downloaded the pkg earlier today, I suggest to download it again to receive a couple of fixes and improvements.

@STLcardsWS thanks for your donation ;)
      Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    3. ed89
      ed89
      thanks aldo for still supporting the ps3 (cfw)
      aldostools and STLcardsWS like this.
    4. Drag
      Drag
      Thank you so much Aldo for another update
      aldostools likes this.
    5. codone
      codone
      Thanks for the update!
      aldostools likes this.
    6. aldostools
      aldostools
      @STLcardsWS I would like to clarify something about the "Reduced memory footprint" noted as the more relevant feature in the release:

I've managed to reduce the memory footprint only a few kilobytes (about 4kb~6kb), through several optimizations of functions, removal of redundant code, and cleanups in the recent days.

At the same time, I have been adding new features which increased the size of the code. So the net balance is that the reduced memory footprint really is only a few bytes.

These reductions are barely noticeable by the end user, but they give more room to add more features and manage more conditions without use extra memory.

Currently the sprx of the full edition is 157kb. However, when the file is loaded, it's uncompressed in memory as prx, and it's size is 381KB. As the memory pages are 64KB, that means that when the plugin is loaded it uses 6 pages (384KB). Leaving only less than 3kb for future features or fixes. Beyond of that limit, the plugin then would require at least 7 pages (448KB), which I'm trying to avoid, although it's not a big problem to play most of the games, but my primary goal is to be as memory efficient as as possible due the very limited memory of the system.
      ZeroOne, El Juri, doctorwho05 and 8 others like this.
    7. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      @aldostools
      Thanks one more time for this update and exlpanations just over
      aldostools likes this.
    8. Assassins
      Assassins
      Aldo, nice update.
      aldostools likes this.
    9. bguerville
      bguerville
      Great stuff with vsh_menu feature additions!

Btw after spending many hours trying unsuccessfully to use the current libntfs library in a cellsdk project, even with a simple elf project, I have decided to take @Zar's advice & start porting the project to cellsdk directly... It's currently WIP, it obviously has a new Makefile & quite a few code changes, still some left to implement. I will create a github repo soon..

It feels a bit strange though because usually we endeavour to do the opposite to free ourselves from the licence restrictions... [emoji5]️

Assuming we get it working, adding ntfs support to wMM is likely to require 7 memory pages though ...!?

Sent with Tapatalk
      Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
      T.A.U and aldostools like this.
    10. aldostools
      aldostools

There are alternatives to reduce the number of memory pages, e.g. add the feature to the lite edition or make a standalone plugin that only loads for ntfs access. I think that even using 10 pages, it could affect only a few games that use a lot of memory, like TLoU or GTAV. But we don't know 100% until we can test it.
    11. bguerville
      bguerville
      Actually we seemingly had the same idea!
      A standalone ntfs.sprx plugin...
      I was considering the idea already before starting the port but unfortunately psl1ght isn't prx friendly...

Sent with Tapatalk
      Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
      T.A.U and aldostools like this.
    12. bguerville
      bguerville
      @aldostools
      Something strange is happening to me in the latest 1.43.3 release Full Edition.
      Whenever I change the custom combo, whether with the setup page or manually.
      I always get Block PSN servers as a pop up & applied command no matter what command I choose in my GET query...
      I have not been able to check the source code yet though, 3 weeks holidays with my GF sill to go & am not allowed anywhere near a pc... All projects on hold til September.. As it should be, sorry guys..
      Smartphone use is all I can manage for now... [emoji3]

Sent with Tapatalk
      bitsbubba likes this.
    13. pinky
      pinky
      this is where I find u!?? I leave u alone for an hour to go to the beauty parlor, and I find u on this site! these past 3 weeks were supposed about us. I told u to stay away from ur computer, but u thought it was okay to use ur phone??? I think u'll understand this - ur going to be sleeping on the couch for the next few weeks. humph....
      bitsbubba and bguerville like this.
    14. bguerville
      bguerville
      It's always the same BS with you bxxch!
      You just can't accept I can be happy without you... Am telling you the PC is a welcome relief after 20 years living by your side. I can breathe at least, not easy to live with a dragon like you. And you put on weight, you let yourself go, you don't get me excited any more, let's call it quits.. I cannot cope with your selfishness any longer after so long. It's a divorce...
      What are we going to tell the kids though...?

The joys of domestics... [emoji23]

Sent with Tapatalk
      bitsbubba likes this.
    15. pinky
      pinky
      ah, that's just the medication talking. tomorrow, u'll be pleading with me back.
      bitsbubba and bguerville like this.
    16. aldostools
      aldostools
      Yes, it was a regression introduced in the code cleanup from the last week...

It should be fixed in the code cleanup done this weekend...
      https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/commits/master

The binary is updated too...
      https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases

If you find another bug, please let me know... Unfortunately these regressions may happen when large number of changes are done to the code (trying to improve it).
    17. bguerville
      bguerville
      No problem.
      Swiftly fixed. [emoji6]

Sent with Tapatalk
    18. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      @aldostools
      Just have start to update links on my PS3 extranet, now support
      - DL PKG to hdd0/packages/
      - DL ISO to hdd0/PS3ISO/
      - If DL PKG in background, Find install bubble on XMB
      Thks again and for all tallented devs help
      aldostools, bguerville and Zar like this.
    19. bguerville
      bguerville
      Cool. [emoji6]

I was thinking that XMBM+ could also really benefit from all the new Web commands that have been created since the 0.23.03 release.

Sent with Tapatalk