Webman Mod external data problem??

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by giallux92, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 12
    giallux92

giallux92 Forum Noob

Hello,
    I have a fat ps3 with 4.82 cobra ferrox installed. I was trying to enable webman mod’s feature about installing game data on an external usb, but I can’t get it to work.
    I’m trying with a fat32 16gb usb stick just to make it work (which seems to, as the feature gets succesfully enabled), I’ve tried with a backup in folder format and also with a bluray disc game but none of them work. They both try to install to the internal hdd which is completely full and it forces me to close the games. I don’t get what I’m doing wrong. I’ve read though, that there might be problems while activating the feature directly from webman mod icon. In that case, what should I do??

2. 3,245
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Create GAMEI folder in the root of your USB drive FAT32. Use SELECT+SQUARE to redirect hdd0/game to GAMEI.

Install the game and play it. It should be installed on the USB drive.

Algol and Louis Garry like this.
  3. 12
    giallux92

giallux92 Forum Noob

Thank you for the reply, I will try this when I get back home. Do I have to press the buttons while in the XMB??

4. 3,245
    aldostools

yep

5. 12
    giallux92

giallux92 Forum Noob

Just tried it, I get a message with "ExtData succesfully activated (and the path of the usb stick)" but it still isn't working. The strange thing is, that when I press SELECT + SQUARE, the icons of the homebrews installed just disappear. If I try to launch a homebrew, I just get a general error and have to reboot.

6. 3,245
    aldostools

If you press SELECT + SQUARE the internal folder /dev_hdd0/game is redirected to /dev_usb***/GAMEI

If you *install* a package...I will repeat it again: If you *install* a package, the files will be installed on /GAMEI.
    Not all games will work with this method, specially the ones with files larger than 4GB.

All games previously installed in the internal HDD will not be found, because the folder /dev_hdd0/game is pointing to the USB.
    If you press SELECT + SQUARE again, the redirection will be removed and the games in the internal disk will work again, except the ones installed on /GAMEI

Just in case you don't know: /dev_hdd0/game is where PSN games, DLC, game data and game patches are installed.

SELECT + SQUARE only redirects the folder path to a different storage.

7. 12
    giallux92

giallux92 Forum Noob

Well, if it’s redirecting the path and not “adding an additional one”, than it explains why the homebrew disappeared... didn’t thought about that. The main thing remains though, i would just like to install game data, on the external usb. I’m trying to launch some games for the first time (no game data installed within the internal) but it’s not letting me do it